Homebrew No$GBA Help; Noise Remover

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Googled around a bunch, and found that there is an external program for No$GBA that removes noise for certain games (for example, New Super Mario Bros). I found it on this page, and the first link on this page. I'm trying to get another game to work, Lunar Knights, which also has unnecesary, staticy background noise. Problem is, all I get is a "a.exe", "a.ini", and a "memory.dll" when I click on the exe, it basically just reads me the contents of the ini. I moved the original No$ executable and my game file into the folder with the a.exe, and tried it again; same thing. I even tried numerous combinations of dragging all of them into one another. That, of course, didn't work. Can someone help me get this working? Or maybe tell me how I can remove the noise?
I tried using some audio editors, and that did remove the noise... at the cost of the audio sounding completely warped and weird; worse than the noise altogether.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First have you tried desmume? it has got very good since no$gba stopped updating (in many ways it is better although for games playing I would still keep both on hand):
http://desmume.org/

Still those programs are like the external cheat makers/memory editors- it is easiest to have them in the same directory but if you have them in the directory you should be able to load them up first (and they will stay running) at which point you can launch no$gba.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
First have you tried desmume? it has got very good since no$gba stopped updating (in many ways it is better although for games playing I would still keep both on hand):

Still those programs are like the external cheat makers/memory editors- it is easiest to have them in the same directory but if you have them in the directory you should be able to load them up first (and they will stay running) at which point you can launch no$gba.
Yes, i have dried DeSmuME, and its just not fast enough. And as for the noise remover thing, I'll have to try running it and then executing No$. Not home right now, but i'll try it later, thanks.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
No$Zoomer has a noise remover, if you REALLY want to use No$GBA. Just have No$GBA somewhere, download No$Zoomer, and do what it tells you. The noise remover's in one of them drop down menus.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
No$Zoomer has a noise remover, if you REALLY want to use No$GBA. Just have No$GBA somewhere, download No$Zoomer, and do what it tells you. The noise remover's in one of them drop down menus.
No... No$Zoomer actually slows down games, its not as fast as the real No$GBA; ive already tried that noise remover.

QUOTE(FAST6191 @ Sep 22 2010, 04:55 AM) First have you tried desmume? it has got very good since no$gba stopped updating (in many ways it is better although for games playing I would still keep both on hand):

Thanks! I opened it alongside No$ and it worked. No annoying noise now! Yaaaaay!

D

Deleted-236924

VoltManEXE said:
Inunah said:
No... No$Zoomer actually slows down games, its not as fast as the real No$GBA
You computer must be veeeeeery crappy then.

VoltManEXE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
VoltManEXE said:
Inunah said:
No... No$Zoomer actually slows down games, its not as fast as the real No$GBA
You computer must be veeeeeery crappy then.
(And you're telling me) I have only 894 MB of ram, and a 2.20GHz processor. YES my computer is crappy. But my parents were in a rush when they first bought it, and it was way overpriced for what its worth either. I paid $100 for a ram upgrade, so i will have 3.5GB in the future (this thing is still a hunk of junk though, just plastic with random pieces of metal in it). The noise remover does work now though. But No$zoomer tends to run about as fast as DeSmuME. Hopefully later they'l both run faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o