No Disc Error NSMB

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SinsRBack, Aug 16, 2010.

Aug 16, 2010

No Disc Error NSMB by SinsRBack at 5:10 PM (1,315 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. SinsRBack
    OP

Newcomer SinsRBack Member

United States
    Okay, so i've been reading forums for quite a while now, trying to figure out the problem behind my issues. Problem is, no one has the same problem as me or provided any answers. I see this forum to be quite active, so i'll give it a try [​IMG]

As of the the new releases of Wii Games, my most concerned are games like New Super Mario Bros, i burnt them but can't play them. I can play 90% of the games i've burned in the past.

Most people complain that their Wii " can't play it". Their solutions are to get the patched versions... blah blah blah. Use SMNP and SMNE.wep to patch and load from sd. Stuff like that.

The thing is, i can't even load it on my wii or play on Neo Gamma. I simply get the No Disc (n) error everytime. When I load off Disc Channel, it doesn't read the disc ( icon with " ? ")

I tried uninstalling, installing and upgrading CIOS, IOS files and i managed to get my Wii UNBRICKED. But still the games won't load. In fact, with the new system menu, i can't even load games from my disc channel. Forcing me to rely on NeoGamma. After the whole process of trial and error it still does not guarantee that I have all the files because I've been mix matching, going around random files and solutions and randomly installing it on my wii.

In short, i got confused... ><

Wii Status/Info:

Region: Japanense
    Firmware:4.2J
    Modded: Yes
    SoftModded: Yes ( I've got Homebrew, Gecko OS, NeoGamma)

I see so many solutions that i don't know which ones work, so i decided to try them all. Nope no good. There's something about trucha patching. I used Dop Mii and got some IOS patched like IOS36. Although I DID GET AN ERROR... (strange). But in the end it showed the Finished Installation sign.

To sum up my problem, IT CAN'T EVEN READ THE NEW DISCS !There are no simple, common errors like Black Screens, Green Screens, Flickers, Black and White that i can't fix eventually. But how am i supposed to fix a game that can't even read on my wii.

These are the specific games that don't work:

- New Super Mario Bros (scrubbed) (patched)
    - Tasunoko vs Capcom
    - NFL 2k10
    - Madden 11
    - Mario Galaxy 2

Notice that the games are new...

Im a HUGE noob at this, but after HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS a day for like 2 weeks trying to figure this out, i understand a bit on what the games run on and how the wii system works. So i might be able to answer any questions on my wii if it is needed to solve my problem.

Your help is appreciated >

2. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    maybe you need an updated IOS. Using color to emphasize points is probably the LAMEST thing you could do on these forums. Wel maybe NOT the lamest, but pretty lame

perhaps a bit of reading wouldve been better than playing with text formatting all day. You might be playing your games right now

3. jelmew

Member jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Ok, please make something clear. Does the wii refuse to boot burned discs or is it just those games. If it's just those game's, then with which method are you loading them? If you're using cios/darkcorp, then your version is probably outdated and you'll need to update them.

4. SinsRBack
    OP

United States

It works for all other games except for these ones. Just so happens that they are the new ones.

5. SinsRBack
    OP

United States

Play the game already? I wish... I've been researching these everywhere for the past 2 weeks everyday. Ended up fixing other errors but just not how to play the latest burned games.

About my IOS, is there a more effective way to upgrade all your IOS's instead of just checking one at a time, could get kinda messy. Oh, and are there specific IOS/ CIOS i would need to run those games? Like i said, i used the NUDAS upgrader, which i downloaded from the sticky posts in this forum and i got all the files needed for 4.2 firmware

-cough- probably...

6. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    So all old games work?
    Also what modchip do you have?

7. SinsRBack
    OP

United States

Yup, all old games work, except for some associated with compatibility issues. But there are only like 2 games that, that had ever happened. Btw, im not saying all new games won't work. Just some, and they happen to be new :wtf:

IDK what modchip [​IMG]

I do know i got it around 3 years ago

8. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Is your system softmodded at all? my guess is no
    Because your modchip wont run new games because new games are modchipproof.
    You need to enter the club and start to play with the wonderful world of a hacked wii and then wonder what your life would be without it.
    Those games run in a breeze with any usb loader. Usb flash drive are cheap and do the job.

9. SinsRBack
    OP

United States
    Lol, dude i've already said that i've softmodded my wii, quite thoroughly infact. I've got all the basic softmodding applications and i run it off sd cards.

Using USB Loader... what kind of file do i use to load the game? ISO? Is it going to be a different format if im loading it off my usb?

Im using NeoGamma beta R15 IOS249 rev 19, any ideas why it can't even read the newer discs, simply gets "No Disc (n)" error

Hmmm... modchipproof :wtf: Interesting. Is there a way around that? I don't have a huge USB if the games are going to be 4.7 gigs big or so and i don't want to invest in one. I know many people have got their games to work on NeoGamma

10. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    My advice is to follow the first sticky in this section.
    Install bootmii and make a backup of your nand.
    Most recent usb loaders will format your usb device and dump your game from the disk.
    check this

11. SinsRBack
    OP

United States
    Ty i'll try right now. Is there no way of using NeoGamma to work?