Hacking No Brainer just buy a new Wii

CapeCrusader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post may stir up a Sh-t storm but here is my take on this System Menu 4.0 madness.

I really do not understand the fuss and fixation about System menu 4.0. If you want the new features then just buy another Wii. Use your old 3.2 Wii for your copied games and the new Wii for legit games and legit WiiWare. I myself have over 100 non legit Virtual Console Games and most of the WiiWare games. That along with over 50 games copied from Blockbuster and Hollywood Video (game pass is my best friend) it is a no brainer to just buy a second Wii for the new features and for any new games that require System menu 4.0. Why put all the games I copied at risk just for a few new features. If I bought 5 of the games I have already copied games that alone would cover the cost of the new Wii. I myself will wait to see if there is indeed a good fix with a pre-loader or a Starfall like protection. If not and the newer games like Tiger Woods Motion Plus golf or any other games that I really want play, I will purchase a second Wii along with a legit copy of the games. "Nuff Said".

franky86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or just not update.... and wait.

i won't be updating my wii until i am 100% confident in what i'm loading on there and understand it and know it will allow me to take full advantage over the new 4.0 features at no cost to what i already have with my wii.

it hasn't even been a week yet since 4.0 and a day since the usb loader. any one who doesn't know what they are doing and updating and installing stuff on their wii is stupid.

buying a 2nd wii is also stupid imo.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CapeCrusader said:
This post may stir up a Sh-t storm but here is my take on this System Menu 4.0 madness.

If you know it's gonna cause troubles, why do you post it?

QUOTE(CapeCrusader @ Mar 29 2009, 04:10 PM) I really do not understand the fuss and fixation about System menu 4.0. If you want the new features then just buy another Wii. Use your old 3.2 Wii for your copied games and the new Wii for legit games and legit WiiWare.

Because paying $250 is much easier for anyone than waiting a few days till 4.0 is fully cracked, OF COURSE. Seriously, WTF is the point of this topic? You criticise people who are installing 4.0, and yet you are desperate enough to buy another Wii just to have it updated...

CapeCrusader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only meant to imply that if there is no safe solution to upgrading now or in the future and one wanted the System menu 4.0 features and the compatibility with future games then why put all your eggs in one basket and risk everything. Wouldn't it be smarter too wait to see if there is a 100% or at least a 90% brick free fix before upgrading and putting your wads and copied games at risk. Buying another Wii is a last ditch effort but one that may be necessary if one wants to play future games without effecting your current library of games.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get what your saying and it makes sense to me too.I would rather not upgrade to 4.0 unless its absolutely nessesary since i wouldnt feel safe in doing so.

K

Kurisuellegarden

I really don't see why noone would be able to hack the new firmware. o_o

There is always a way hack it and it's pretty safe for now as long as you use the backup launcher. Just wait till they move preloader or starfall over to it and then you are all set. I don't know why you'd need to buy a new system. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress