Homebrew Official nnu-patcher - a patcher to temporarily use the eShop

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just added the Tubehax DNS to my connection settings, is there a reason the download queue still has a red X on it? Should I use the update remover?
red cross is good, means nintendo tryed and failled to deliver you an update xD, red cross means it blocked it perfectly.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, regarding access actual accessing the eShop, I currently have a red X on my download manager, indicating a blocked update, as of now, I use the blocking methods 1 and 3
(IP blacklist and TubeHax DNS), if i wish to download a VC game, what can i do about that blocked/Xed out update in the download queue. Do I need to allow the eShop IP address in my router settings without the stupid update trying to download? I hope that made sense :P

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, regarding access actual accessing the eShop, I currently have a red X on my download manager, indicating a blocked update, as of now, I use the blocking methods 1 and 3
(IP blacklist and TubeHax DNS), if i wish to download a VC game, what can i do about that blocked/Xed out update in the download queue. Do I need to allow the eShop IP address in my router settings without the stupid update trying to download? I hope that made sense :P
I just disable parental controls on my router while leaving DNS settings active when I want to do eShop shenanigans, then reenable them afterward. So far I'm good

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just disable parental controls on my router while leaving DNS settings active when I want to do eShop shenanigans, then reenable them afterward. So far I'm good

Sounds good, and yes, I did enable that 107.xxx.xxx.xxx DNS settings manually but I am worried about that remaining red X in the download queue, is there anyway for me to get rid of that?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, and yes, I did enable that 107.xxx.xxx.xxx DNS settings manually but I am worried about that remaining red X in the download queue, is there anyway for me to get rid of that?
Nope, that means that the console tried to contact the update server and never reached it. Trust me, you should be more worried if you DON'T see anything there

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, that means that the console tried to contact the update server and never reached it. Trust me, you should be more worried if you DON'T see anything there

So, how will it not download when I unblock the parental controls temporarily, because of the Tubehax DNS? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to botch my console with a real 5.5.0 is all.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how will it not download when I unblock the parental controls temporarily, because of the Tubehax DNS? Sorry for the questions, I just don't want to botch my console with a real 5.5.0 is all.
Yes, TubeHax will keep the update at bay. Router parental controls is an optional (but recommended) extra layer of defense for in case the TubeHax DNS ever goes down

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, TubeHax will keep the update at bay. Router parental controls is an optional (but recommended) extra layer of defense for in case the TubeHax DNS ever goes down

If the DNS server goes down it wont be able to route to any sites, so it wouldn't download anything anyway ;p

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the DNS server goes down it wont be able to route to any sites, so it wouldn't download anything anyway ;p

Just so I understand the eShop process right:

- I load Kexploit
- Run NUSS patch
- Access eShop and purchase/download VC game
- Disable router parental settings for blacklisted IPs
- Profit?
- Re-enable IP blacklist

No need to worry about that blocked update in the queue? :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

- I load Kexploit
- Run NUSS patch
- Profit?
- Re-enable IP blacklist

you can even stop using router parental controlls altogether, tubehax is enough to block the update by itself 24/7, the red X like people told you is good ll why keep being worried for a good thing? X means it blocked it and thats it.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can even stop using router parental controlls altogether, tubehax is enough to block the update by itself 24/7, the red X like people told you is good ll why keep being worried for a good thing? X means it blocked it and thats it.

Right, I understand that, there is that possibility that the Tubehax DNS could go down, leaving me vulnerable, but I have both in place in case. Do I need to clear the queue anyways when i download the VC games?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right, I understand that, there is that possibility that the Tubehax DNS could go down, leaving me vulnerable, but I have both in place in case. Do I need to clear the queue anyways when i download the VC games?
if tubehax goes down you loose all internet which means you wont update either lol. you dont need to do anything just buy them and let them download and install on their own.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
as other have said that would just leave you with no internet.....but if you can enable parental controls on your router you might as well......just in case smea goes badass and unblocks updates for lulz :P

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- I load Kexploit
- Run NUSS patch
- Profit?
- Re-enable IP blacklist

- Set up Tubehax DNS on WiiU
- Run NUSS Patch (it loads the kexploit by itself)
- Access eShop and purchase/download VC games
- Continue life as normal

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Set up Tubehax DNS on WiiU
- Run NUSS Patch (it loads the kexploit by itself)
- Access eShop and purchase/download VC games
- Continue life as normal

Already have the DNS manually configured to the Tubehax DNS, as well as parental controls for IP blacklisting (In case the DNS somehow stops working), better safe than sorry, right? :P
I had no idea that the NUSS exploit ran kexploit as well (shows what I know :lol: ) That being said, I'll disable the IP blacklist once I'm ready to purchase them, thank you ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof