Misc NNID Region Disaster!

Raysie1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hoping I posted this in the right section.

I just bought a 2DS XL yesterday and have it running Luma CFW perfectly. No issues there and am loving it! I've already backed up my Pokemon 3DS carts and save games and have them running cart-less now which I love!

My issue is with me wanting to setup and use Pokemon Bank and transfer said Pokemon to Pokemon HOME. Which I believe to do this I need to link the NNID and Nintendo Account (Which makes sense).

However I stupidly set my new NNID as Australian (Where I live), while my Nintendo Account has been set up as New Zealand (Where I lived when I got a Switch). Attempting to link the 2 accounts as a result gives me a big NO.

What is the best way to get around this? I cant change either account region. Changing the NNID region to New Zealand seems like the easier approach, but I'm unsure how to do this with CFW installed. Am I best to just reset my 3DS and start again making an NZ NNID? I put a lot of hours into backing up my OG 3DS games.

I saw a method where changing one of the folder values in godmode9 allows you to create a new NNID, but with the n2ds and n3ds it still locks the region no matter what.

The whole NNID system is a joke and has caused me nothing but issues with my previous 2DS and n3DS I've had in the past. So many games I've legitimately purchased have all been lost due to other annoying reasons I wont digress into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1