Hacking NNID after system transfer in order to install CFW?

xellspooun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi there,

I have an O3DS with AL9H+Luma and a N3DS on 11.2.0-35E. The N3DS contains my NNID along my purchases.

1 - Is it possible to install CFW to the N3DS without a system transfer?
2 - If I install CFW to the N3DS via a system transfer, will I be able to re-connect my NNID and redownload my purchases?

Thanks.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
1. Yes, but require hardmodding.
2. In theory, Yes. By calling Nintendo to transfers back in their side.
But, somebody already said they starting to refuse to do this if the transfer look suspicious.

Edit::Wrong reading, Not Sure about 2. Wait for other answers.

Last edited by nechigawara,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aah, well, id imagine so. As long as you unlink any NNIDs on the O3DS before hand
No, all NNIDs associated with the source get transferred too, whether active or not.

@xellspooun you can format the N3DS console and log back in to the old ID after hacking it. You would lose your NAND saves though (like Activity Log etc). You can backup your save games with JKSM beforehand if you don't want to lose them (you'll need a way to access homebrew on 11.2).

xellspooun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I thought of something else, though I don't know if that would work: How about transfering the system from the N3DS to the O3DS (the CFW of the O3DS will remain intact I suppose) and then doing the DSiWare downgrade to the N3DS and transfer the NNID back as well. This way I won't lose my saves and I will be able to use Zelda Four Swords (which I already own in my NNID) in order to DSiWare downgrade my N3DS.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't system transfer from N3DS to O3DS.

You won't lose your saves from transferring from O3DS to N3DS so long as you backed up your NAND/SD card. Just restore your NAND after the transfer. Your NNID will move to the N3DS though, and since you can't transfer back the other way, the only way to move your NNID from a N3DS to an O3DS is by contacting Nintendo.

Last edited by Cuphat,

xellspooun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, so, if I format the N3DS (which contains my NNID) will I be able to redownload my purchased titles if I relink my NNID with it at a later time (when CFW is intalled on it)? Is this accurate?

Last edited by xellspooun,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! I misunderstood after reading through the thread. Assuming your O3DS doesn't have an NNID that you care about, not being able to move its NNID back isn't a big deal.

You'll need to use a homebrew save manager such as JKSM on your N3DS to backup your saves, assuming you have any that you care about on it. After transferring to it, you'll be able to sign back in to your NNID and redownload any legit games from the eShop just fine.

You won't be able to use your Four Swords to do the DSiWare downgrade if it is on your N3DS's NNID as you can't transfer from N3DS to O3DS. You'll need to buy a compatible game on your O3DS to transfer. It looks like your cheapest option is €4.99. Here's the DSiWare list and here's the guide page on this kind of DSiWare transfer.

xellspooun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One last question:

I will need the Steel Diver game from the eshop on my O3DS in order to DSiWare downgrade. This means that I will have to create a random NNID on my O3DS. During the System Transfer will my normal NNID be replaced by the random NNID I will create?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If someone is worried about their NNID why not just do a nand dump then use tiny format and make a new one? Alsi NNID isn't needed to transfer just a dsi game but is required if you use steelhax

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If someone is worried about their NNID why not just do a nand dump then use tiny format and make a new one? Alsi NNID isn't needed to transfer just a dsi game but is required if you use steelhax
OP worried about NNID on N3DS/Target console. Not O3DS/Source console.

xellspooun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, just in case someone has the same worries as me, the process I followed was this one:

- Formatted the N3DS, thus cleaning it from my NNID
- Installed AL9H and Luma3DS through DSiWare downgrade. A random NNID had to be created in order to download Steel Diver.
- Deleted the random NNID from the (now CFW'ed) N3DS.
- Linked the N3DS with my normal NNID.

Now I can re-download my purchased games from the eShop, while using all the benefits the CFW provides me with. :)

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if your O3DS doesnt have any NNID associated to it, just ring Nintendo to unlink the NNID from your N3DS as you cannot physically system transfer from New to Old.. then once that's done you could proceed to do the dsiware system transfer method and you'll end up with a CFWd N3DS with your NNID back..

if you wana avoid creating a dummy NNID on O3DS or unlinking/linking NNID then use another entrypoint like Ocarina of Time, you could switch payloads using your O3DS when needed..you could just relog-in your NNID back to your N3DS after hacking it..

just remember that your purchased games like your dsiware will now be associated with the NNID on your N3DS which makes any copy of Fieldrunners or any games on O3DS pirated and the legit on N3DS..

Last edited by owek1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk