Homebrew nkit bootcamp help: getting errors immediately

flipped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Cross-posting here due to original thread getting cluttered by another request)

Hello, gbatemp.

If anyone could provide any guidance I would appreciate it. I am having some trouble getting the .nkit conversion program to do much of anything for me. The program runs into an error as soon as I hit "process." Here's the first screen:

cuqcp0G.png

Looks good, right? Got the file I want to convert and am using the "Fully Loaded" Nkit setup with all dat and supporting files in place. Then this happens:

BfqaCPV.png

It's tricky to understand what I need to correct when all it says is "Error" and nothing else. No information in log or anywhere else in the program to tell me what is the problem. So then I took the same .nkit.gcz file (no game I attempted worked and the shown title is simply being used as an example since it's common) and dragged it on to the "RecoverToISO.exe" file. I got the same results, but at least with slightly more explanation:

LV0aDSd.png

"Method not found" and the "System.Array.Empty" info don't really point me in a direction for what I need to address, at least with the knowledge I have. My .net framework should be good enough since I don't get a warning about that when I start the GUI or use anything else. Any thoughts on what I should do to be able to correct the error and convert .nkit.gcz files? Any substantive help would be appreciated and I will offer a token of gratitude to anyone that can help solve the issue.

*Edit: I am running this on 64-bit Windows 7. Does not work even if tried on different computers.

flipped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's been a little progress on understanding more about the issue. I upgraded the .net framework to 4.6 (apparently this is what nkit states as the minimum yet I was able to get away with a slightly older version to initiate it) and was able to get an inch further. Now when I hit process I get the following error:

ErrorMessage
4/23/2021 6:01:52 PM RecoverToISO Wii Unverified Error 00000000 327284718 0 0 C:\Users\*****\*******\*******\Super Paper Mario (USA).nkit.gcz 0 DatData.populateRedump: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid

The log reads this, essentially the same as just stated above:

DAT ENTRIES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary Log Written as Errored!

Failed
-------
DatData.populateRedump: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.

Dragging to the RecoverToISO.exe yields the same results and ConvertoISO.exe is no different. But, hey, at least the program is working well enough to tell me vaguely what the error is, haha. I recall reading in the documentation that the .config file needs to be, well, configured somehow but there wasn't really instructions anywhere on what that meant or how to do it. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Grammar correction

Last edited by flipped,

flipped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Maybe this GBAtemp Thread can help you:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-a-dvd-game-wii-backup.578992/#post-9348163

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Hello alexander1970,

Thanks for your suggestion and the link. Unfortunately, after replacing the current .dat file with a different one the same error still occurs:

DatData.populateRedump: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.

It's quite peculiar. Haven't turned up anyone else having this issue and I'm curious what exactly is causing the blockage for converting the file.

Reactions: Alexander1970

flipped

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

The issue described in this thread (and here) has been resolved. Solution was actually a simple one: I was using a bad build of .nkit itself. Once I got a different one from somewhere else the conversion processes worked successfully. So that is that.

As a thank you to XFlak, ca032769, and alexander1970 here is a photo I snapped years ago:

moBwAFK.png

There might be pokémon roaming around on there somewhere but I was not able to confirm. Anyway, enjoy the photo and thank you again for your suggestions.

unsettledbox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello where did you get this bad nkit download? ive been running into the same issue and have followed this thread to a tee and cannot get the issue resolved. Also downloaded the 13gb fully prepared nkit off of reddit. All end up with the same error. Cant find much else online besides the .Net isssue but that was for something completely unrelated to Nkit. Pls help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: