Nitrohax alternative

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Astrolo, Aug 13, 2010.

Aug 13, 2010

Nitrohax alternative by Astrolo at 4:21 AM (1,793 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Astrolo
    OP

Newcomer Astrolo Member

United States
    Hi all
    Just wondering if there was an alternative to NitroHax, that doesnt support just one game per file?
    Like so it could copy a whole gbatemp cheat file to memory and then play any game on it.
    Thanks for help in advance,

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    1) one game per file? the xml database can have up to like 20 games of cheats from the TempDB
    2) there is no way to get passed that ~ 4MB limit because all cheats have to be loaded into the DS's RAM

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    nope, i tried and failed, one thing that annoys me is that i can't use my action replay ds as it doesn't work on windows 7 so i don't have any other options, i tried nitro hax in the past and all it does is freeze, won't load any games, the codelist has to be very small too, you can't put that much codes, not that it makes a difference it still froze anyway, so apart from nitrohax you can't use anything else unfortunately, nobody's bothered to code anything up to date.

4. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    nope, you can have the smallest file it will not load, and it definitely will not load gba temps code list it's too big, i removed a lot of games from the code list and it makes no difference.

5. Astrolo
    OP

Newcomer Astrolo Member

United States
    Nuisance!
    I made my own cheat databases but still a nuisance as i have to do it manually!!
    When i get m3i zero is it possible for nitro hax to just run a massive cheat database off the sd card?
    Thanks,

PS, for DSi [​IMG]

PSS, is there a site that has a link to certain cheat databases specific to games so that nitro hax can load it?

PSSS, I know that a certain site(dont know if im allowed to link to it) has a list of codes, but i need a link to databases with only one game in it thanks!

6. jalaneme

United Kingdom
    nope, will not load.

7. Astrolo
    OP

Newcomer Astrolo Member

United States
    I see, ok then...
    Please read Psss's

8. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    I have a reasonable sized cheat XML, with about a dozen games in it, and its only 64KB. You could easily fit another 20 at least games into it and still have it under 1MB, which should work absolutely fine.