Nintendo's online services are currently down - update: fixed

Mario-Repair-Nintendo-Logo-Vinyl-Decal-Sticker__47427.1507851152.jpg

With most individuals quarantined in their homes, online services appear to be struggling under the strain of so many users. Steam hit a new concurrent player record, while both Xbox Live and Discord went out for a few hours within the past few days. Nintendo is the latest to suffer from this, as Nintendo Switch Online services are currently down, including access to the eShop, for users across the world. According to Nintendo of America's support page, all network services for the Switch, Wii U, and 3DS are currently unable to connect. The situation is being looked into, and will hopefully be fixed soon.

UPDATE: As of a few hours later, Nintendo of America, Europe, and Japan have all confirmed that online services should be back up and running.

:arrow: Source

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad I preloaded it, especially now that I'm probably gonna be out of work for a while.
If they go down on friday before you can get the update or something to make the game "playable" then its the same as not having it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If they go down on friday before you can get the update or something to make the game "playable" then its the same as not having it.
That's true, but apparently downloads from the CDN were just fine. The eShop and other user facing services are ran on different servers, obviously.

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, but apparently downloads from the CDN were just fine. The eShop and other user facing services are ran on different servers, obviously.
We will know what happens on friday.. with the virus and panic of not going out there are those who purchase physical copies before but now go to digital as a solution...time will tell if nintendo servers can handle it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-