Nintendo's Next Home Console - 3D Support Ruled Out

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
RisnDevil said:
Instead of Wii 2, why not Super Wii? Or Super Wii Turbo (SWiiT)?
Or why not "Nintendo's next home console"? It's the less dumb name we can give it until an official name is announced.
I don't see "64" in the Gamecube's name, nor "Gamecube" on the Wii's name.

However, it's not noise worthy that it won't have 3D. Launching a console that needs 3D glasses right after one which's gimmick is glasses-free 3D would be a stupid move.
And Nintendo doesn't want to force users to buy hardware besides the system. That's why it won't be glasses free either.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hop2089 said:
I got a bad feeling about the Wii 2, it will most likely be just a revision with new features like the DSi.

I don't think so. Based on what we've seen from Nintendo, they only make revisions to their handhelds (GB, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro, etc). The only "revisions" they've made with their consoles is having a special edition version that only has a different color (25th Mario Anniversary Wii for instance, was just a red Wii).

Either way though, I just hope it has a better software lineup than what the Wii had. Let's face it, the Wii lost this round in the console wars. My opinion, anyway.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, the only reason why people call it the Wii 2, or Xbox 720 or PSP2 or DS2 or anything like, is because they just take the current name, and just add whatever to differentiate it.

It's easier to go Wii 2 instead of going Nintendo [insert console number here]. It's not going to be called Wii 2 just like the Xbox 360 wasn't called the YBox.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii 2?
But I ran out of money because of the 3DS
ohnoes.png

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Requios said:
Hop2089 said:
I got a bad feeling about the Wii 2, it will most likely be just a revision with new features like the DSi.

I don't think so. Based on what we've seen from Nintendo, they only make revisions to their handhelds (GB, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro, etc). The only "revisions" they've made with their consoles is having a special edition version that only has a different color (25th Mario Anniversary Wii for instance, was just a red Wii).

Either way though, I just hope it has a better software lineup than what the Wii had. Let's face it, the Wii lost this round in the console wars. My opinion, anyway.

Panasonic Q needs an introduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q

Made by both Nintendo and Panasonic and is a hybrid revision of the GC that has a DVD player, very rare, if you want to know more about it check out the Youtuber Gamester81, he has a video about it and owns one.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Umm, im not sure you noticed but its the 30/3/2011 Dont you think this is an early april fools attempt?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lumnous said:
Umm, im not sure you noticed but its the 30/3/2011 Dont you think this is an early april fools attempt?

No because companies usually start planning for their next console about a year after the launch of their latest one.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lumnous said:

It can still happen regardless, Doki Doki Suikoden was an ecchi filled April Fools attempt and it's a full game with a May 12 release.

Requios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Lumnous said:

No because companies usually start planning for their next console about a year after the launch of their latest one.

Not just that, but why make an April Fools announcement over something so trivial as "we're not putting 3D on our next console"?

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
maybe they will bring the revolution back, its a nice name. They said they wanted to put something new which would be innovative. i hope its something to improve gameplay than focus on motion controls... a new controller is not bad but not motion controller

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Mods, please forgive me for saying this.....

Everyone who posted before me is INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Read the SOURCE ARTICLE. There is NO MENTION OF WII 2. You are all completely stupid and you should be ashamed of yourselves for falling for an obvious April Fools prank.

I feel the OP should be banned for posting this nonsense.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.ga...o.3ds/?hpt=Sbin

small_24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

>mfw you're all completely stupid.

Are you an idiot? HERE is the source article: http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?4533...-out-3D-support
Taken directly from the FIRST POST. It has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE WII2.

By the way, this isn't 4chan.

D

Deleted_171835

How does this quote confirm that the Wii 2 exists?
QUOTE said:
"We've not said publicly what the next thing for us will be in the home console space, but based on what we've learned on 3-D, likely, that won't be it."
He merely said that Nintendo didn't publicly say what the next home console will be and that it probably won't have 3D functions.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worlok375 said:
Are you an idiot? HERE is the source article: http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?4533...-out-3D-support

You might want to point that accusation at yourself.

You didn't even bother to check their source. Max Console is taking their information out of context. And so close to April fools...

Here's the direct link to Max Console's "source"

Wow, my faith in the intelligence of humanity has been severely diminished.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
How does this quote confirm that the Wii 2 exists?
QUOTE said:
"We've not said publicly what the next thing for us will be in the home console space, but based on what we've learned on 3-D, likely, that won't be it."
He merely said that Nintendo didn't publicly say what the next home console will be and that it probably won't have 3D functions.

Actually it DOESNT confirm that the Wii 2 exists. Merely that they've learned from the 3DS that they're not going to put 3d in their next console. We all know Nintendo is working on new hardware. To think otherwise would be stupid. But to see this quote as a "confirmation" would be even more stupid.

Check your sources next time kids. The text on the Max Console page is taken completely out of context.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
worlok375 said:

You might want to point that accusation at yourself. MAX CONSOLE CLAIMS THEIR SOURCE IS CNN. AND IF YOU GO TO THE ORIGINAL SOURCE THERE IS NO MENTION OF THE WII 2.

You didn't even bother to check their source. You just took their word on it, and just a day or so before April fools.

Here's the direct link to Max Console's "source"

Wow, my faith in the intelligence of humanity has been severely diminished.

Perhaps you ought to notice the reflection and study what the definition of the "Wii2" would be, it would be the console coming after the current wii, why because as of yet it is TO BE NAMED BY NINTENDO AND THUS PICKS UP NICKNAMES LIKE THE NEXT XBOX'S NICKNAME IS 720 FOR RIGHT NOW. ANY MENTION OF A CONSOLE BEING IN THE HOME CONSOLE SPACE BY NINTENDO WOULD BE ENOUGH TO WARRANT IT TALKING ABOUT A "Wii2".
Quote from the CNN article "We've not said publicly what the next thing for us will be in the home console space, but based on what we've learned on 3-D, likely, that won't be it."
In bold just for you. It's relevant to the "Wii2" perhaps you ought to read the ENTIRE article next time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Gnight