Nintendo's Next Home Console - 3D Support Ruled Out

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by WiiUBricker, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Jun 1, 2010
    Uruguay
    Montevideo
    Or why not "Nintendo's next home console"? It's the less dumb name we can give it until an official name is announced.
    I don't see "64" in the Gamecube's name, nor "Gamecube" on the Wii's name.

However, it's not noise worthy that it won't have 3D. Launching a console that needs 3D glasses right after one which's gimmick is glasses-free 3D would be a stupid move.
    And Nintendo doesn't want to force users to buy hardware besides the system. That's why it won't be glasses free either.

2. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    I got a bad feeling about the Wii 2, it will most likely be just a revision with new features like the DSi.

3. Requios

Requios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    I don't think so. Based on what we've seen from Nintendo, they only make revisions to their handhelds (GB, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro, etc). The only "revisions" they've made with their consoles is having a special edition version that only has a different color (25th Mario Anniversary Wii for instance, was just a red Wii).

Either way though, I just hope it has a better software lineup than what the Wii had. Let's face it, the Wii lost this round in the console wars. My opinion, anyway.

4. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Guys, the only reason why people call it the Wii 2, or Xbox 720 or PSP2 or DS2 or anything like, is because they just take the current name, and just add whatever to differentiate it.

It's easier to go Wii 2 instead of going Nintendo [insert console number here]. It's not going to be called Wii 2 just like the Xbox 360 wasn't called the YBox.

5. Cloak519

Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2010
    Wii 2?
    But I ran out of money because of the 3DS [​IMG].

6. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Panasonic Q needs an introduction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Q

Made by both Nintendo and Panasonic and is a hybrid revision of the GC that has a DVD player, very rare, if you want to know more about it check out the Youtuber Gamester81, he has a video about it and owns one.

7. Lumnous

Lumnous GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Umm, im not sure you noticed but its the 30/3/2011 Dont you think this is an early april fools attempt?

8. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    No because companies usually start planning for their next console about a year after the launch of their latest one.

9. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    It can still happen regardless, Doki Doki Suikoden was an ecchi filled April Fools attempt and it's a full game with a May 12 release.

10. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    It won't be "Wii 2", but I hope they don't go with "Wii Too"

11. Ace Overclocked

Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Jul 30, 2010
    Italy
    Somewhere
  12. Requios

Requios Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States

Not just that, but why make an April Fools announcement over something so trivial as "we're not putting 3D on our next console"?

13. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    maybe they will bring the revolution back, its a nice name. They said they wanted to put something new which would be innovative. i hope its something to improve gameplay than focus on motion controls... a new controller is not bad but not motion controller

14. SPH73

SPH73 Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2008
    United States
  15. worlok375

worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

Feb 17, 2009
    United States
    Are you an idiot? HERE is the source article: http://www.maxconsole.net/content.php?4533...-out-3D-support
    Taken directly from the FIRST POST. It has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE WII2.

By the way, this isn't 4chan.

16. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    How does this quote confirm that the Wii 2 exists?
    He merely said that Nintendo didn't publicly say what the next home console will be and that it probably won't have 3D functions.

17. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    When will 3D die off?!
    Its just a gimmick (Although 3DS has done it right)

18. SPH73

SPH73 Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2008
    United States

You might want to point that accusation at yourself.

You didn't even bother to check their source. Max Console is taking their information out of context. And so close to April fools...

Here's the direct link to Max Console's "source"

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.ga...o.3ds/?hpt=Sbin

Wow, my faith in the intelligence of humanity has been severely diminished.

19. SPH73

SPH73 Banned

Banned
    Sep 2, 2008
    United States
    Actually it DOESNT confirm that the Wii 2 exists. Merely that they've learned from the 3DS that they're not going to put 3d in their next console. We all know Nintendo is working on new hardware. To think otherwise would be stupid. But to see this quote as a "confirmation" would be even more stupid.

Check your sources next time kids. The text on the Max Console page is taken completely out of context.

20. worlok375

worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

Feb 17, 2009
    United States
    Perhaps you ought to notice the reflection and study what the definition of the "Wii2" would be, it would be the console coming after the current wii, why because as of yet it is TO BE NAMED BY NINTENDO AND THUS PICKS UP NICKNAMES LIKE THE NEXT XBOX'S NICKNAME IS 720 FOR RIGHT NOW. ANY MENTION OF A CONSOLE BEING IN THE HOME CONSOLE SPACE BY NINTENDO WOULD BE ENOUGH TO WARRANT IT TALKING ABOUT A "Wii2".
    Quote from the CNN article "We've not said publicly what the next thing for us will be in the home console space, but based on what we've learned on 3-D, likely, that won't be it."
    In bold just for you. It's relevant to the "Wii2" perhaps you ought to read the ENTIRE article next time.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted