heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ninfeat.jpg
In today's press conference, where the company detailed its plans to make mobile games with DeNA, it also teased a new system codenamed "NX." Few details were disclosed, other than it'll involve fresh hardware and a new gameplay concept. The NX symbol appeared on a slide alongside the Nintendo Wii U, 3DS and other mobile platforms, which suggests it could be a complimentary device, rather than a straight successor to either its current home console or handhelds.
"As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename 'NX,'" he says.
:arrow:Source

Reactions: Margen67

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I guess it'll take until E3 before any hopes will be crushed (eg: the final name will be far more stupid than NX*). And with the deal with DeNa just today, it would be ludicrous to just tease a new console in the process. So no...I seriously doubt it will actually be a new console. In fact, if it wasn't for that "it'll involve fresh hardware", then I'd just think they were talking about their deal on mobile games to begin with. At most, it'll be something like a portable wiiu or a nintendo-dedicated smartphone.

*on a rather funny note: 'nx' can be pronounced as 'niks', which is Dutch for 'nothing'. It actually sums up my expectations quite nicely. :P

Reactions: GalaxianPirate

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess it'll take until E3 before any hopes will be crushed (eg: the final name will be far more stupid than NX*). And with the deal with DeNa just today, it would be ludicrous to just tease a new console in the process. So no...I seriously doubt it will actually be a new console. In fact, if it wasn't for that "it'll involve fresh hardware", then I'd just think they were talking about their deal on mobile games to begin with. At most, it'll be something like a portable wiiu or a nintendo-dedicated smartphone.

Smartphone? Na they clearly state it's a dedicated game console. We don't know whether it's a successor of 3DS or Wii U. I'm going with neither, looks to me to be a third pillar. How they support three gaming devices remains to be seen.

ReBirFh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It seems silly for them to try to life support three consoles at once. They're already stretched kinda thin between two.

They won't, it's more likely this new dedicated game system is the 3DS successor. Unfortunately this new membership thing with the easy of acess from any cellphone will mean we will never have club nintendo like prizes.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here's my input nobody asked for:

-Original Content on Smartphones is not a good idea. Controls will be horrible, gameplay will be oversimplified for touch controls, lack of physical releases, and Nintendo collectors with a passionate distaste for Smartphones like me are going to bust a nut.

-Nintendo working on a next gen console- I'll wait and see. If if means we'll get a next-gen 3D Mario that's not in the vein of 3D World then I'm on board. If it means it's a kind of Nintendo branded Smartphone then I'm over 9000% done. If it's like the Wii U with better specs minus the Game Pad but with it's own exclusives, I'll be pissed that I have to buy a new console so soon after the Wii U but I'll eventually warm up to it if it's promising.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second I see Nintendos games on tablet and smartphone trash, Im done with them :glare:

Well, Nintendo's competitors are already very established in this space and I think it makes sense for them to make the jump. The translation/execution of their games to the platform however will be key to their success.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
What I don't seem to understand is WTF is stopping them from making a MORE POWERFUL machine than PS4?

Just make that machine powerful and easy to develop for. It will sell a lot due to Mario, Zelda, etc., and third party developers can just jump in.

They won't, it's more likely this new dedicated game system is the 3DS successor. Unfortunately this new membership thing with the easy of acess from any cellphone will mean we will never have club nintendo like prizes.

Highly doubt it since they just released the N3DS.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't seem to understand is WTF is stopping them from making a MORE POWERFUL machine than PS4?
Just make that machine powerful and easy to develop for. It will sell a lot due to Mario, Zelda, etc., and third party developers can just jump in.
Highly doubt it since they just released the N3DS.

One simple word - Tradition. And I think they pride themselves on making fun games that do not need to be graphically intensive which is the biggest reason I personally like them.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
"Service"? Welp, I guess this is the last generation of Nintendo for me. Had a good run, but I'm not gonna support turning gaming into television.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess would be a gaming tablet.

PS: A small tablet with physical gamepad buttons.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made such a tablet. Nintendo expressed their next dream after 3d is to have games playable on both a console and handheld without having to rebuy them and/or remake them. I could see them jamming the Wii-U's hardware into a tablet and having additional arm processor in their for advanced emulation of the N3DS/NN3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.