Hacking Nintendont

Foodchain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news! I bought a Mayflash adapter and two of these generic dirt cheap gc pads $20 AU for both (I am unable to load the link because I am a newbie). Works great. I'm about to order two more.

My only issue now is trying to load gc games from the main menu tiles of the Wii U. They are hit and miss. Some black screen after going Ng into vWii. Some hang at the nintendont loader screen. Ill load some more gc iso's to my SD card and load through the nintendont program rather than the main menu tiles.

Any sure tips for loading gc games on the Wii U?

I have the same issue when injecting gamecube games. It seems to be an issue that popped up in some of the latest builds of Nintendont. I managed to work around this by either using a forwarder to launch Nintendont by itself and then launch games from there. Alternatively, use an older build of Nintendont. The ones before the broadband adapter feature got merged into the main branch don't seem to have this issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good news! I bought a Mayflash adapter and two of these generic dirt cheap gc pads $20 AU for both (I am unable to load the link because I am a newbie). Works great. I'm about to order two more.

My only issue now is trying to load gc games from the main menu tiles of the Wii U. They are hit and miss. Some black screen after going Ng into vWii. Some hang at the nintendont loader screen. Ill load some more gc iso's to my SD card and load through the nintendont program rather than the main menu tiles.

Any sure tips for loading gc games on the Wii U?
yeah lastest nintendo has issues with usb controllers and wiiu injects, if you dont plan on using bba just revert back to 486 and everything should start fine.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is there a way to make nintendont automatically use emulated memory cards? can't seem to figure it out if there is a way.

Hello.:)

This depends on the Way you use/start Nintendont.

- vWii / USBLoader GX

P1360205.JPG P1360206.JPG

USBLoader GX -> Settings -> Loader Settings -> please scroll down to --== Nintendont ==--

P1360207.JPG

- injected directly from the Wii U

P1360203.JPG P1360204.JPG

Thank you.:)

RazGAWD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thought id ask here. I have nintendont with both dol versions... boot and loader, i have usb loader gx which i dont use, and ive injected gamecube games for my wii u. I am also using a 1TB external for the Wii U where the WUP formatted Gamecube games are being stored.

When loading the icon for the gamecube title from the wii u menu screen a prompt comes up after the wii logo saying ninconfig.bin not found please use the sd card for the vwii injector.

Anyhow, I cant do that, clicking the SD menu from the injector doesn't manifest any drives probably because i dont have an SD Card slot so I using an external card reader.

I have to assume this is a common problem but I can't find any information in my search criteria that'll help me find a solution.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: Omega8824

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thought id ask here. I have nintendont with both dol versions... boot and loader, i have usb loader gx which i dont use, and ive injected gamecube games for my wii u. I am also using a 1TB external for the Wii U where the WUP formatted Gamecube games are being stored.

When loading the icon for the gamecube title from the wii u menu screen a prompt comes up after the wii logo saying ninconfig.bin not found please use the sd card for the vwii injector.

Anyhow, I cant do that, clicking the SD menu from the injector doesn't manifest any drives probably because i dont have an SD Card slot so I using an external card reader.

I have to assume this is a common problem but I can't find any information in my search criteria that'll help me find a solution.

Any thoughts?
ninconfig.bin is a file needed to start nintendont, even if you use injected versions you need an sdcard inserted with config files for nintendont on root.

Reactions: Omega8824

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Any thoughts?

Since you're booting injected GCN games from the Wii U dashboard, you need to be sure to have some storage connected and presenting the 'ninconfig.bin' file which I believe should be placed on the root of the storage. The 'ninconfig.bin' file is either created by the injecting software with your personal Nintendont configuration set or created by Nintendont itself when being booted for the first time through .rpx (HBL) or the Nintendont channel forwarder.

As I said, basically, it contains all the personal configuration settings needed to properly boot the game in your personal format. I hope this helps, check out my below quote for more information.
What happened when you tried to launch Nintendont?

By the way, here's the link to the ninconfig you can download: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/nincfg-7z.99549 (courtesy of wicksand420). You'll need 7-zip to unzip it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Since you're booting injected GCN games from the Wii U dashboard, you need to be sure to have some storage connected and presenting the 'ninconfig.bin' file which I believe should be placed on the root of the storage. The 'ninconfig.bin' file is either created by the injecting software with your personal Nintendont configuration set or created by Nintendont itself when being booted for the first time through .rpx (HBL) or the Nintendont channel forwarder.

As I said, basically, it contains all the personal configuration settings needed to properly boot the game in your personal format. I hope this helps, check out my below quote for more information.
the thing is which settings are activated on that file and whatnot.

RazGAWD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much cloud 9, this is three days of searching before asking and trial and error with no luck.

pedro, vwii injector does have SD card support, but at least in the case of my system, im using a card reader as i dont have a slot for SD, and I suspect thats why vwii injector couldn't identify it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt tecmon injector have a ninconfig creator? i tough so?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although, I haven't heard of any others. He may be using something different or not setting his configuration in TM's injector.

the thing is which settings are activated on that file and whatnot.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any setting cause Nintendont to not boot. I think he just needs the file present to move forward.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although, I haven't heard of any others. He may be using something different or not setting his configuration in TM's injector.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any setting cause Nintendont to not boot. I think he just needs the file present to move forward.
i didnt mean that, i hope atleast mcemu is turned on or else he wont even be able to save the game for example.

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

RazGAWD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you guys really helped me out thank you so very much. I had so much trial and error in the home stretch, I always go to building massive builds and trust the process but at times learning can be very frustrating. Everything works like a charm now.

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the latest version breaks GC Injects for TeconMooon program... please help.

EDIT: Yes it has been confirmed by me that the latest version breaks GC Injections please @FIX94 can you look into this?
Everything worked fine on my Wii U, I installed many games with this injection method one year ago. And now I made the Nintendont update and I get a black screen when I try to load a game, it doesn't work anymore. I don't know what version broke it though because I didn't use my Wii U for one year or so.

Where can we get old releases?

Last edited by Donkusei,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything worked fine on my Wii U, I installed many games with this injection method one year ago. And now I made the Nintendont update and I get a black screen when I try to load a game, it doesn't work anymore. I don't know what version broke it though because I didn't use my Wii U for one year or so.

Where can we get old releases?

PM me i will send you my version the one that works! :D

Reactions: Donkusei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My epeen is very important to me lol