Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got my first problem fixed although am a little confused, what do I do to test my controller do i JUST need the boot.dol? or do I need an ini file too and I'm not sure how to make one if I do. It's a third party gamecube usb controller same buttons as a reg one. And can't check right now but if my hdd can work with usb loader gx would it be fine with nintendont (it might be formatted as a ntfs is that alright? And not sure how to check partition table but I'm guessing ti should be fine?)?
no nintendont does not support ntfs format you got fat32 but no ntfs support, usbloader gx works fine with fat32 all bigger than 4gb files can be splitted and usbloader gx can read spilted wii isos fine, also you will probably need to create a custom ini file for your gc controller usb device since its not on the controller inis list.

Not sure if my sdcard is slightly currupt, I keep getting error -3 when dl the controllers.zip, titles.txt dls fine without any error though.

What is the resolution of the triforce games?, judging by the nintendont osd I get a perfect fit for width at 676-678
without any bording pixels for virtua striker 4 2006 on my 1080 tv, but the bottom of the screen is cropped like it's zoomed in slightly the height is wrong, here's quick edit of an online image to show the issue.

View attachment 53382
View attachment 53383

Also did any of the over triforce games get dumped?
Donkey Kong Jungle Fever
Donkey Kong: Banana Kingdom
Gekitou Pro Yakyuu
Starfox
The Key Of Avalon 2
The Key Of Avalon : The Wizard Master
The Key Of Avalon Ver.1.20 : Summon The New Monsters
DK games are like money machines where all that happens is after you win money they show a clip of sorts so they arent actualy games and no they havent been dumped.

gekitou pro yakyuu was dumped and is supported by nintendont.

starfox was never released nor was it finished so no never dumped not even a beta.

Key of avalon games require 5 trifrce machines connected between themselves to work so it cant be emulated also the game readed real cards and made them appear ingame so even if you emulated the game with 5 wiis connected trough cables you wouldnt get to play it without a card reader lol.

I am using nintendont version 4.408. I wanted to know if there was a way to have settings for each seperate gamecube game on its own instead of universal settings. I have the ntsc version of resident evil code veronica and i have the nintendont settings for video width set to 680 so games will fill the full screen on my tv.

This is fine for every game but resident evil code veronica since it pushes the screen to the far left with a large black bar on the right side of the screen. It looks like this is the only game that i have this problem with.
nintenont doesnt support per game settings and width breaks manny games not just that one yu jsut got lucky on your game choice, to use individual agme settings use nintendont trough usbloader gx or wiiflow or some other loader.

Reactions: cvskid

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i am trying to run some backups with Nintendont on my Pal Wii Via SD mount. I have managed to get super mario sunshine to run apart from i cant spray water . See .

I have tried to launch Wave Race Blue Storm NTSC i get a black screen if i try to force ntsc or pal it shuts down .

Try to launch Cel Damage PAL and the system shutsdown to standby on init card .....#

Any ideas? Cheers

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi i am trying to run some backups with Nintendont on my Pal Wii Via SD mount. I have managed to get super mario sunshine to run apart from i cant spray water . See .

I have tried to launch Wave Race Blue Storm NTSC i get a black screen if i try to force ntsc or pal it shuts down .

Try to launch Cel Damage PAL and the system shutsdown to standby on init card .....#

Any ideas? Cheers

take a picture of your nintendont settings also btw what controller are you using?

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just updated Nintendont (v4.406) and I don't know how to modify vertical video offset. Is it in general settings? What do I have to do in order to change it? I'm using a VGA resolution tv. Is that the problem? If I run Nintendont on a full hd tv would Nintendont allow me to modify it? Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I've just updated Nintendont (v4.406) and I don't know how to modify vertical video offset. Is it in general settings? What do I have to do in order to change it? I'm using a VGA resolution tv. Is that the problem? If I run Nintendont on a full hd tv would Nintendont allow me to modify it? Thanks.
there is no vertical adjustmente there is center and sides.

Reactions: zantzue

Scriber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hmm, my Nintendont freezes when selecting a game since updating to v4.408. It worked perfectly before. I've deleted all nincfg files and tried with default settings etc. and it still freezes. Is there anywhere I can download previous versions?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry but I'm not liking the new updates so I been using V3.398 for a while as it is perfect for me, my question is can someone compile 398 with the fix for the Mario Kart GP intro music? I would really appreciate that.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, my Nintendont freezes when selecting a game since updating to v4.408. It worked perfectly before. I've deleted all nincfg files and tried with default settings etc. and it still freezes. Is there anywhere I can download previous versions?
You can get the old loader.dol files from the commit history: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commits/master

Where exactly does it freeze, during the initial loading or after the Nintendont loader disappears and the game starts? I'd like to fix this freeze so you don't have to be stuck on old versions.

Reactions: ccfman2004

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
any special stuff needed to compile the new FS files
getting this error while building:
Code:
Building FatFS libraries

rm -f *-arm.a *-arm.o *-arm.d
CC  ff-arm.o
CC  ff_utf8-arm.o
AR  libfatfs-arm.a
make: ar: Command not found
make: *** [libfatfs-arm.a] Error 127

I have latest devkitARM v45

Scriber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can get the old loader.dol files from the commit history: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/commits/master

Where exactly does it freeze, during the initial loading or after the Nintendont loader disappears and the game starts? I'd like to fix this freeze so you don't have to be stuck on old versions.

Thanks.

I've tried v4.406 and it doesn't freeze. On v4.408 the freeze happens when I try and select a game from the main menu. Nothing happens after pressing "A", the hard drive is still being accessed also.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

I've tried v4.406 and it doesn't freeze. On v4.408 the freeze happens when I try and select a game from the main menu. Nothing happens after pressing "A", the hard drive is still being accessed also.
Looking through the commits, both v4.407 and v4.408 only changed Triforce functionality.

Can you test v4.407 and see if that has the same issues?

possom2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the downloaded quests to work with PSO 1 & 2 in Nintendont? Always comes up as the quest is corrupt and need to be re-downloaded which is a problem since there is no bba support for Nintendont.

Scriber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Looking through the commits, both v4.407 and v4.408 only changed Triforce functionality.

Can you test v4.407 and see if that has the same issues?

Yeah. I tried a different game on v4.406 and it froze the same way it did on v4.408, only this time I left it on while I went out of the room, came back a few minutes later and the game was loaded. A lot of files have been added to that particular hard drive in the past week so, I'm going to try and move the games folder to where it can be accessed a bit quicker before I get back to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: mg