Hacking Nintendont

Oglon3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version have you been using? revision 297-298 were corrupting save for some people.

It is 2.298.
Would you recommend downgrading then?
I just uploaded it online because it wasn't allowing me to boot from usb.
Thanks for the fast response btw comrade!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It is 2.298.
Would you recommend downgrading then?
I just uploaded it online because it wasn't allowing me to boot from usb.
Thanks for the fast response btw comrade!

No need to downgrade. Update to 2.301, delete corrupted files and start over. I hope you didn't lose too much saves.

Oglon3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to downgrade. Update to 2.301, delete corrupted files and start over. I hope you didn't lose too much saves.

Not at all just got done setting it up for my little boy he wanted to play Luigis Mansion after he saw some dumb video on youtube.
So did the whole process and he played only a couple of minutes.
Thank you so much by the way will update it right now and start from zero.
Also i am using some unknown Chinese brand 3rd party USB HID PS3 controller.
That would have anything to do with it?
Thanks once again.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not at all just got done setting it up for my little boy he wanted to play Luigis Mansion after he saw some dumb video on youtube.
So did the whole process and he played only a couple of minutes.
Thank you so much by the way will update it right now and start from zero.
Also i am using some unknown Chinese brand 3rd party USB HID PS3 controller.
That would have anything to do with it?
Thanks once again.

As long as it works, no. This was a bug in latest usb code, which is now fixed.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
One more question would you recommend manually backing up my ninmem.raw after every save just in case It ever corrupts once again?
Thanks!

I back up my saves everytime I update. We never know ;)
Just back it up from time to time when you update nintendont, you'll be fine :)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question would you recommend manually backing up my ninmem.raw after every save just in case It ever corrupts once again?
Thanks!

Probably not every save, but definitely every update, particularly if it says something along the lines of "changed usb/kernel code", "changed how saves function", or in this case, "completely overhauled kernel code" XD

Edit: VinsCool is stealthy :ph34r:

Reactions: VinsCool

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!
I highly recommend that, I do this myself!

So do we want to remove gameboy player startup disc from the compatibility list or not?

Technically it's not a game and it will never be compatible
Obviously I don't have a talk here but I think it's best to keep it just so people won't be confused, plus you never know maybe someday somebody will come along and add it in just for the heck of it, we had many features that were spisifically said never to be implemented such as real MC support and the use of bluetooth, heck if I recall even SD/USB support as well as Triforce weren't initially planned at first but look at what we have now!

ShadowOne333 yes I was confused at first!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I highly recommend that, I do this myself!

Obviously I don't have a talk here but I think it's best to keep it just so people won't be confused, plus you never know maybe someday somebody will come along and add it in just for the heck of it, we had many features that were spisifically said never to be implemented such as real MC support and the use of bluetooth, heck if I recall even SD/USB support as well as Triforce weren't initially planned at first but look at what we have now!

ShadowOne333 yes I was confused at first!

What about we keep the GBA StartUp Disc but specify in the comment section that it will never be bothered with.
Which means it is a wasted effort to even try to make it bootable with Nintendont.

You might as well just watch the disc load in a Youtube video. XD

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about we keep the GBA StartUp Disc but specify in the comment section that it will never be bothered with.
Which means it is a wasted effort to even try to make it bootable with Nintendont.

You might as well just watch the disc load in a Youtube video. XD

A patch that shows the gamecube boot logo then a black screen saying no GBA gamepak inserted :lol:

Would be halarious

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A patch that shows the gamecube boot logo then a black screen saying no GBA gamepak inserted :lol:

Would be halarious
Just for shits and giggles. :D
What about a static images that shows up whenever someone tries to load the GBA Start Up Disc that shows the following text:
"WE TOLD YOU WE WOULDN'T IMPLEMENT SUPPORT FOR THIS!
STOP NAGGING AND ENJOY ONE OF THE OTHER 400+ GAMES AVAILABLE FOR THE GAMECUBE!"

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario Sunshine shouldn't have issues at all. The game has worked since r1 (although it had some issues in r1 but was still playable)

Edit: Anyone ever confirm that freezing issue in midway arcade treasures 2?

Seems like the new version generated more problem then just the one game for me. All games are freezing after a couple of minutes. Maybe my HDD doesn't work with the new version? Sticking with r296 as that works with all games I have at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Seems like the new version generated more problem then just the one game for me. All games are freezing after a couple of minutes. Maybe my HDD doesn't work with the new version? Sticking with r296 as that works with all games I have at the moment.

Thanks for the help.
it seems some hdds now will randomly freeze while playing with the new usb code wich again willl be hard to fix like the di init error considering FIX94 doesnt have those drives to test.

Hi guys, regarding those games with sound problems, like Second Sight, are they still troubled?
nothing on the compat list says second sight has sound problems so why dont you test it out?

stoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems some hdds now will randomly freeze while playing with the new usb code wich again willl be hard to fix like the di init error considering FIX94 doesnt have those drives to test.

nothing on the compat list says second sight has sound problems so why dont you test it out?

Is it possible to get a recommendation for a HDD that will work? Maybe a drive that FIX94 has access to? I don't mind buying a new drive if there are better chances for it to work?

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one that works... http://www.verbatim-europe.co.uk/en...erspeed-usb-3-0-desktop-hard-drive-2tb-47672/
I bought 3 of them in a special deal about half a year ago, and all 3 work with the wii's i used them for and also all homebrew i threw at them..

EDIT: unlike the one Adeka posted below this one works with Nintendont above r229 and should still be widely available, at least it is in europe i know for sure.

Thanks, I will buying this one. As soon as I get it, I will be sending my old drive to FIX. I will let you know the results.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1