Hacking Nintendont

JGamez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a GC Action Replay USA Code can anyone turn this into a WIIRD for me? Thanks!
OFFE-9QN3-UXHN6
7V43-AMXX-QBKZE
AMA7-4BN9-RABG6

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I tried out Nintendont for the first time yesterday (I'm way behind on stuff), and I noticed an issue with Donkey Konga 3. I used my bongo controller, and I was able to get in the game just fine, however, I encountered 2 issues with the bongos in-game. The controller has the mic sensitivity really high, even when I change the settings and it continously keeps clapping no matter which side I press, and at the beginning it caused the main menu selection to just continue rotating automatically.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried out Nintendont for the first time yesterday (I'm way behind on stuff), and I noticed an issue with Donkey Konga 3. I used my bongo controller, and I was able to get in the game just fine, however, I encountered 2 issues with the bongos in-game. The controller has the mic sensitivity really high, even when I change the settings and it continously keeps clapping no matter which side I press, and at the beginning it caused the main menu selection to just continue rotating automatically.

If your using a Wii with gamecube ports then you should turn on native controls.

If your using the official Wii U adapter then the bongos still are WIP

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Both PSO 1+2 Plus and 3 work fine for me, so it can't be a Nintendont issue.

They are fussy though. Cannot be trimmed, cannot have any special settings enabled bar memory card emulation etc.
Actually I'm wrong, I'm actually getting the same 'An Error has occured..' message with both PSO 1+2 Plus and PSO3. I wonder what broke it in the newer revisions?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wii or vWii?
NTSCU/J/PAL?
WiiU, NTSC-U. I can't grab an MD5 hash at the moment but both are 1:1.

Switching to 2.282 fixed 1+2 Plus at first, but then I tried PSO3 and still had the same error. I didn't used to have any problems at all with the PSO games so something must have made them much more unstable in recent revisions.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
WiiU, NTSC-U. I can't grab an MD5 hash at the moment but both are 1:1.

Switching to 2.282 fixed 1+2 Plus at first, but then I tried PSO3 and still had the same error. I didn't used to have any problems at all with the PSO games so something must have made them much more unstable in recent revisions.
Switched all the way down to 2.273, PSO3 works again now.

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switched all the way down to 2.273, PSO3 works again now.

I have never played Ep III (the card play idea brings back bad memories of coffee houses full of Magic players), but I can get PSO I & II Plus to work 10/10 for me all the way up to 2.283.

If I want to play it using 2.284 or higher, I have to use my composite a/v cable instead of my component cable. That single switch results in a 10/10 success rate.

Pedro, I was the one that updated the PSO I&II Plus entry. I did not say that 2.283 works everytime, I said to use 2.283 or earlier.

saltypepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me report that this MadCatz wheel works. Tried it with Mario Kart Double Dash!!.
41JPQP537BL._SX342_.jpg

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have never played Ep III (the card play idea brings back bad memories of coffee houses full of Magic players), but I can get PSO I & II Plus to work 10/10 for me all the way up to 2.283.

If I want to play it using 2.284 or higher, I have to use my composite a/v cable instead of my component cable. That single switch results in a 10/10 success rate.

Pedro, I was the one that updated the PSO I&II Plus entry. I did not say that 2.283 works everytime, I said to use 2.283 or earlier.
Both games are very closely related, PSO 3 seems to be based on 1+2, graphics engine and interface are very similar etc. PSO 3 could almost be an expansion. Because of that, issues that affect one game typically affect the other too.

A short term fix is to simply add an older revision of Nintendont as a per-game setting within your loader until the issue gets fixed. The PSO games are famously difficult to maintain - dios mios doesn't support them at all.

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both games are very closely related, PSO 3 seems to be based on 1+2, graphics engine and interface are very similar etc. PSO 3 could almost be an expansion. Because of that, issues that affect one game typically affect the other too.

A short term fix is to simply add an older revision of Nintendont as a per-game setting within your loader until the issue gets fixed. The PSO games are famously difficult to maintain - dios mios doesn't support them at all.

I prefer to keep loaders separate from each other. it makes troubleshooting a lot easier. As I said before to pedro, I'll just keep using 2.283 for all my GC games until the problem is resolved.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country

so 284 was the revision that broke thoses games!
only triforce bios support was added in 284. weird

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: