Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to the regular Gamepad actually, and wait, 30+hours? don't you mean 30+minutes?

My Wii U Pro Controller gets over 30 hours per charge with rumble. The GamePad I'm lucky to see 2 hours before having to charge it. Considering the Wii U Pro controller uses the same battery that powers the 3DS and my 3DS gets several hours between charges.

A little project I'm workin on. It's part of a larger project aimed to be a User Manual for Wiiflow users, explaining everything that can be done from Wiiflow. This includes Nintendont. It will use a flip book style coverflow Currently finishing up the gamecube loaders section. Anyone who would like to offer their assistance is welcome to.
One quick note. You are not compressing the GameCube ISO, you are actually removing unneeded garbage data. It should be referred to as shrunk or trimmed ISO not compressed. Many people believe it is compression since it makes the ISO smaller but it is not compression that definition.

ymg123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
i've attached a patch for "Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus JAP 1.05"

tested in offline mode for few minutes. No obvious problem found.

need help from someone who has permission to update official nintendon-t with this patch, thanks. :)

Attachments

• boot.rar
    783.9 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: bm123456

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i've attached a patch for "Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus JAP 1.05"

tested in offline mode for few minutes. No obvious problem found.

need help from someone who has permission to update official nintendon-t with this patch, thanks. :)
you rar is corrupted atleast for me and the devs need the code not the boot.dol incase that was the only thing that was inside.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii U Pro Controller gets over 30 hours per charge with rumble. The GamePad I'm lucky to see 2 hours before having to charge it. Considering the Wii U Pro controller uses the same battery that powers the 3DS and my 3DS gets several hours between charges.
The 3DS battery life is decent, it can last like 2-3 hours if you turn off the 3D effect, but the Wii U gamepad only lasts 10 minutes for me and I have the audio off and the screen brightness to the 2nd, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The 3DS battery life is decent, it can last like 2-3 hours if you turn off the 3D effect, but the Wii U gamepad only lasts 10 minutes for me and I have the audio off and the screen brightness to the 2nd, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
the wiiu pro controller lasts like 80 hours or 30+ hours if your using it heavily, its the longest controller batery i ever had no even the ps3 controllers last as long, i love the wiiurpo everything fells solid and confy.

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

3DS can live much longer than 2-3 hours though. Maybe your battery is dying?

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, the Gamepad battery is poo. It only lasts 5 hours max if all the settings are at their lowest. Those are the disadvantages of having a screen in a controller. I'd recommend picking this baby up: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Does using a program to trim an ISO (i've been using GC Iso tool to convert GCMs to ISO) affect the ability to load it? As in, if it works full size, will trimming it make it corrupt at all?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does using a program to trim an ISO (i've been using GC Iso tool to convert GCMs to ISO) affect the ability to load it? As in, if it works full size, will trimming it make it corrupt at all?

depending on the game, yes. ESPECIALLY gc iso tool breaks alot of files and its not suggested to be used at any time.

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cleanup work:
-if nintendont gets loaded with the wrong IOS it will try to load IOS58 by itself
-added code which makes sure we have permission to use the disc drive
-added a missing redraw when you change settings

Hey FIX94 why does melee v1.02 dont work on nintendont?
Using now r263 and didnt touch the settings. The game doesnt work on both Usb and sd. It boots and gives blackscreen. I'm using a sandisk 8GB sd card

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey FIX94 why does melee v1.02 dont work on nintendont?
Using now r263 and didnt touch the settings. The game doesnt work on both Usb and sd. It boots and gives blackscreen. I'm using a sandisk 8GB sd card

your iso is bad.
Get a new one and make sure it is a clean 1:1 iso file.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
depending on the game, yes. ESPECIALLY gc iso tool breaks alot of files and its not suggested to be used at any time.

#i won't trim them then. IS GC iso tool okay for converting gcm to iso? If not, what is a better application?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
#i won't trim them then. IS GC iso tool okay for converting gcm to iso? If not, what is a better application?
GCM is ISO damn why dont ppl google it? just rename the extension there is no such thing as convertion for those

mario.gcm rename to mario.iso problem solved its as simple as right click rename on the file.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Error says this below
Nintendont Loader v2.249 (Wii)
Built 9.12.2014
Firmware 0.13.37 (Somewhat Concerning)

Loading Patched Kernel . . . 9
ES_Init . . . Done!
Init USB/SD device . . . Done!
Mounting USB/SD device . . . Done!
Checking FS . . . Done!
Drive size: 2794.52GB Sector Size: 4096
ES_LoadModules . . . Done!
Loading config . . . Done!
Init HID devices . . . Using Gamecube and BT Ports
Init DI . . . (Where it crashes but has worked before with 2.229)
Having exactly the same error, nintendont freezes while Init DI..., including the weird Firmware number. If I start nintendont it displays the firmware number correctly (starting with 58). However once I've chosen a game it displays 0.13.37. I've tried another HDD and nintendont worked again, but it still displays the wrong firmware number, after choosing a game. Can you please have a look at this, FIX94 ? Maybe after the holidays? Take your time. Since the wrong number also appears with my working HDD, it might be that it generally displays the wrong number. Maybe no one noticed this, because it is only displayed in a short time (between choosing a game and the actual start of the game). Maybe this wrong version number is the key to solve this problem.

A very christmas to you all!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
However once I've chosen a game it displays 0.13.37.

I'm surprised nobody noticed that much earlier, thats completely normal, its just the firmware number I choose after reloading into the kernel, I use it to see when the kernel says hello to us for the first time, as a security mechanism.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm surprised nobody noticed that much earlier, thats completely normal, its just the firmware number I choose after reloading into the kernel, I use it to see when the kernel says hello to us for the first time, as a security mechanism.
Oh, OK. I never noticed that.:lol:

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
GCM is ISO damn why dont ppl google it? just rename the extension there is no such thing as convertion for those

mario.gcm rename to mario.iso problem solved its as simple as right click rename on the file.

See, I didn't know it would work just by renaming it. Thanks for the tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...