Hacking Nintendont

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Amazing work, Abz and all the others who helped create the Nunchuck mod. I took it for a test drive and it's working great so far. It takes some time to get used to the button mapping and testing which config works best in which game. But after a while the controls will feel a lot more natural. So far I briefly tried Zelda Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, as well as playing through a full level of Four Swords Adventures (I personally recommend the Troopage config for this game, because switching Links is not really possible with the default config). Will test some more when I find the time.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The multi-iso GC disc is recognized fine but boots into a black screen
FIX94
I thought it's been established that running games from discs has the same compatibility as running the isos from a SD/USB device, if that's the case then it's obvious that multi-iso discs won't run otherwise the original iso file should run and quite honestly I don't see the appeal to that!

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.262 is up

Added Nunchuck support.

Abz was a little ahead of me I thought we were releaseing it christmas eve.
Happy Holidays all.

Available Configs:
------------------
(2) (default) = Howards general config //matching button names to action
(2 + Left) = Abz general config //for arcade games or games that require few buttons
(2 + right) = Naggers //conveniant for most games
(2 + up) = racing 1 //for games that use AnalogR and AnalogL for gas and break
(2 + down) = racing 2 //for games that require A held for gas
(2 + minus) = Troopage config //handy in many situations
(2 + one) = Shooter's config //for FPS games

Their are pictures here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-wiimote-nunchuck-support-discussions.371356/

You can select configs and enable/disable IR by:
------------------------------------------------
press button_2 (puts in config mode and turns IR off)
press config button (selects the desired config - skip this step for the default)
release the config button (keep holding button_2)
press button_Z (turns IR on or off for the just selected config. If the wiimotes is pointed at the screen you can see IR toggle on and off if the screen accepts cStick input. )
release button_Z
release button_2 (ends configuration)

Full button mapping:
--------------------
(1) = Start/Pause in all configs
Home = Exit to Loader or HBC in all configs
--------------------------------------------
2) (default) = Howards general config //matching button names to action
A=A B=B Z=Z +=X -=Y Dpad=Standard
C not pressed L R tilt tied to L R analog triggers.
C pressed tilt control the cStick

(2 + Left) = Abz general config //for arcade games or games that require few buttons
A=A B=B C=X Z=Y -=Z +=R Dpad=Standard

(2 + right) = Naggers //conveniant for most games
A=A
C not pressed U=Z D=B R=X L=Y B=R Z=L
C pressed Dpad=Standard B=R1/2 Z=L1/2 tilt controls cStick

(2 + up) = racing 1 //for games that use AnalogR and AnalogL for gas and break
A=A B=B Z=Z +=X -=Y Dpad=Standard
C not pressed backwards forward tilt tied to L R analog triggers.

(2 + down) = racing 2 //for games that require A held for gas
A=Z B=B Z=A +=X -=Y Dpad=Standard
C not pressed L R tilt tied to L R analog triggers.

(2 + minus) = Troopage config //handy in many situations
A=A
C not pressed +=X -=B Z=L B=R Dpad=cStick
C pressed +=Y -=Z Z=1/2L B=1/2R Dpad=Standard

(2 + one) = Shooter's config //for FPS games
A=A B=R Z=L +=R1/2 -=L1/2
C not pressed U=Z D=B R=X L=Y
C pressed Dpad=Standard, L R tilt tied to L R analog triggers.

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Version 2.262 is up

Added Nunchuck support.

Abz was a little ahead of me I thought we were releaseing it christmas eve.
Happy Holidays all.

Wa-wa-wait. What does it mean? Will Nintendont offisially support Nunchuck+Wiimote controlls? If so, could you give more info?
Happy holidays too. ^_^

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, scanned the first page, but couldn't find the information I need.

I tried running Super Mario Sunshine via Nintendont on Wii U, and it runs, though it gets really choppy sometimes. However, my Wii U smash Gamecube Adapter didn't work at all. Is there a specific USB port I need to plug it into? Thanks.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, scanned the first page, but couldn't find the information I need.

I tried running Super Mario Sunshine via Nintendont on Wii U, and it runs, though it gets really choppy sometimes. However, my Wii U smash Gamecube Adapter didn't work at all. Is there a specific USB port I need to plug it into? Thanks.

nintendont version? sunshine full iso? to make the adapter work go to nintendont settings(pressingB) then press 1/X and choose controllers.zip after that nintendont will download the files trough the internet connection, after all is done go back to the settings and turn Hid controller to ON.

Reactions: misterb98

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont version? sunshine full iso? to make the adapter work go to nintendont settings(pressingB) then press 1/X and choose controllers.zip after that nintendont will download the files trough the internet connection, after all is done go back to the settings and turn Hid controller to ON.
Thanks!

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. From what I understood, the Wii U widescreen patch was to correct for games so they aren't streched to display proper 4:3 ratio on certain monitors, and the Wii U Gamepad. I just didn't understand how that couldn't be applied when the Widescreen is set to off.

Care to provide a visual example of how this is beneficial?
I can't think of a benefit to turning Wii U widescreen off and widescreen patch on... but there's a benefit to the reverse besides just for the "I like stuff squished" people. Remember, a small selection of games support 16:9 natively. For those games, you'd want to leave widescreen patching off, but still turn Wii U widescreen on (if you're using a Wii U, of course)

Abdallah, for the menu, what about having one WS setting with four options?
Off (does nothing)
Patch (16:9 patch hack)
Wii U (turns off Nintendont 4:3 mode on Wii U)
Wii U w/ Patch (turns off 4:3, applies 16:9 patch)

Would that work without taking up too much menu space?

LeviDaniels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So Earlier this week, I was Playing Super Mario Sunshine with no problems. I was checking out the new settings in the newest version of Nintendont.

Now, When I try, it flickers likes crazy, only displays in the top half of my tv, and looks like it duplicates the image partially. I attached a picture showing what I mean. Anyone have any ideas?

Starfox assault does it too.

My Setup:
North America.
Running the newest version of NIntendont, on vwii on Wii U.
Samsung Un46f7100 Tv set.
Have tried Force progressive, widescreen, and Wiiu widescreen options on and off in various combinations.
Games are in the DiscEx format.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 663

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Earlier this week, I was Playing Super Mario Sunshine with no problems. I was checking out the new settings in the newest version of Nintendont.

Now, When I try, it flickers likes crazy, only displays in the top half of my tv, and looks like it duplicates the image partially. I attached a picture showing what I mean. Anyone have any ideas?

Starfox assault does it too.
Since that's obviously not happening for everyone, you should probably provide some detailed info on your equipment and configuration.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of a benefit to turning Wii U widescreen off and widescreen patch on... but there's a benefit to the reverse besides just for the "I like stuff squished" people. Remember, a small selection of games support 16:9 natively. For those games, you'd want to leave widescreen patching off, but still turn Wii U widescreen on (if you're using a Wii U, of course)
Native-ish. Even the ones that supported widescreen compressed the image to 640x480, then let the TV stretch it out. That's why games always look better on 4:3 (when the TV is also set to 4:3). It's the same with all Wii games. Neither console had proper widescreen support.
Abdallah, for the menu, what about having one WS setting with four options?
His mods should be discussed here.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native-ish.
Well yes. But that's how legacy standard-definition 16:9 support generally works. Even anamorphic 16:9 widescreen DVDs just store the image squished to a normal 4:3 resolution and use a flag to let the player know to stretch it. The point is, you'll likely get better results using a game's own 16:9-adapted assets, HUD placement, etc. than by applying a hack to its native 4:3 mode, and that's why it could be useful to have "Wii U widescreen" on without applying the widescreen patch.

Nehakse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a question:

"Note: HID USB can be connected on the front port on WiiU only if you launch a game located on SD card.
If you launch a game on USB, connect the USB cable on the back of your console."

I have read that the Official Gamecube Adapter has to be plugged in the two front USB ports... And I have also read that you have to plug your USB in the back - top port in Nintendon't if you want to store your games in it.

So... Is it even possible to store your games on USB and still use the Official Gamecube Adapter? Or am I wrong and you can plug anything anywhere? (for example, Gamecube in both back ports and USB storage in front port)

Thank you!

Edit : if someone managed to use USB storage (and not SD) and use the Official Gamecube Adapter, can you please explain where you have plugged everything?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question:

"Note: HID USB can be connected on the front port on WiiU only if you launch a game located on SD card.
If you launch a game on USB, connect the USB cable on the back of your console."

I have read that the Official Gamecube Adapter has to be plugged in the two front USB ports... And I have also read that you have to plug your USB in the back - top port in Nintendon't if you want to store your games in it.

So... Is it even possible to store your games on USB and still use the Official Gamecube Adapter? Or am I wrong and you can plug anything anywhere? (for example, Gamecube in both back ports and USB storage in front port)

That information is outdated and needs to be updated. Your usb drive can be plugged in any port (although top back is suggested for best compatibility with other homebrew). You can plug the adapter into any port as well. Only the black cord needs to be plugged in. The other cord is used for rumble.

Nehakse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Adeka: ok, thank you very much for the fast answer! So, I can plug
- the rumble and the black cord in one end, as I would like to have the rumble experience too (I think I recall it working in Nintendon't)
- the USB storage in the other end.

Correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: