Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to use the Wavebird but I gotta have that rumble. I've been using the Wii U Pro Controller and it takes some getting used to activating the simulated analog triggers. Sometimes I forget to press the L button cause I'm so used to native analog triggers so it's kind of funny when I want to run and spray in Mario Sunshine and all he does stand and spray instead. I am glad that simulated Analog pressing with the Wii U Pro Controller was added to Nintendont as there are quite a few games that you can't play properly without analog triggers. I find it funny that Nintendo was the first to use Analog Triggers yet they didn't include them in the Wii U Pro controller since every console after the GameCube (Xbox, PS3, PS4, Xbox 1) use analog triggers now.

In my opinion, the GameCube controller is one of the best controller ever made. That Xbox Duke controller, on the other hand, one of the worst and I have large hands and can't stand the Duke.

With the GameCube controller, the "A" button is in just the right spot, right in the middle, so it feels real good. The worst part of the controller is definitely the C-Stick (what were they thinking?). The D-Pad is far superior to the Xbox 360's, not as good as the Playstation though (they have the best in my opinion.

Can't wait to pick up my Smash Bros. bundle today. Had it pre-ordered since it was announced. The GameCube controller is the only way to play Smash Bros.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to use the Wavebird but I gotta have that rumble. I've been using the Wii U Pro Controller and it takes some getting used to activating the simulated analog triggers. Sometimes I forget to press the L button cause I'm so used to native analog triggers so it's kind of funny when I want to run and spray in Mario Sunshine and all he does stand and spray instead. I am glad that simulated Analog pressing with the Wii U Pro Controller was added to Nintendont as there are quite a few games that you can't play properly without analog triggers. I find it funny that Nintendo was the first to use Analog Triggers yet they didn't include them in the Wii U Pro controller since every console after the GameCube (Xbox, PS3, PS4, Xbox 1) use analog triggers now.

In my opinion, the GameCube controller is one of the best controller ever made. That Xbox Duke controller, on the other hand, one of the worst and I have large hands and can't stand the Duke.

With the GameCube controller, the "A" button is in just the right spot, right in the middle, so it feels real good. The worst part of the controller is definitely the C-Stick (what were they thinking?). The D-Pad is far superior to the Xbox 360's, not as good as the Playstation though (they have the best in my opinion.

Can't wait to pick up my Smash Bros. bundle today. Had it pre-ordered since it was announced. The GameCube controller is the only way to play Smash Bros.

Too bad the rumble doesn't work when using it with Nintendont

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using the Wii U Pro controller and couldn't be any happier. Nothing beats a wireless controller. Maybe a wireless GameCube Controller, but, that's just a dream. The controller that plugs in to the wiimote doesn't count because it has a freaking wire...

Guys, if you want to play with wireless, it doesn't get better than the WUP controller. Seriously, just buy one already.

Reactions: FIX94

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently using the Wii U Pro controller and couldn't be any happier. Nothing beats a wireless controller. Maybe a wireless GameCube Controller, but, that's just a dream. The controller that plugs in to the wiimote doesn't count because it has a freaking wire...

Guys, if you want to play with wireless, it doesn't get better than the WUP controller. Seriously, just buy one already.

If you want to play with a wireless gamecube controller then get a wavebird

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but I'm thinkin that the Gamecube adapter won't support analog triggers. Smash U doesn't support it from either the gamecube controller or the classic controller, so I'm thinking it wasn't designed to transmit analog signals from the L/R buttons.

D

Deleted User

I miraculously got my Gamecube Controller Adaptor befor they sold out EVERYWHERE and the online prices inflated out the whazoo! Cant wait for Nintendont support with it!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh. Then I need an adapter. To much of a hassle and my WiiU will look fugly. Rumble.

Wavebird is my far the more superior controller. Just plug the adapter in the back.

I could be wrong, but I'm thinkin that the Gamecube adapter won't support analog triggers. Smash U doesn't support it from either the gamecube controller or the classic controller, so I'm thinking it wasn't designed to transmit analog signals from the L/R buttons.

The analog triggers do work with the adapter. Tested with sunshine

I miraculously got my Gamecube Controller Adaptor befor they sold out EVERYWHERE and the online prices inflated out the whazoo! Cant wait for Nintendont support with it!
The adapter works in the current revision but only player 1 works and the stickY and cstickY are reversed.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, I don't do 3rd party crap, even licensed 3rd party stuff. I've had too many problems even with licensed 3rd party stuff. I just don't bother anymore.

Nothing beats an official Wired Gamecube controller. Don't have to worry about batteries. Beside, I'm like 3 feet from my TV so wires are not a problem.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't suppose there would be any cracking the Mayflash gamecube to wiimote adapter open and crossing a couple wires to fix that little start button problem?

DamnThatsHawt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wavebird is my far the more superior controller. Just plug the adapter in the back.

The analog triggers do work with the adapter. Tested with sunshine

The adapter works in the current revision but only player 1 works and the stickY and cstickY are reversed.

how did you get it to work?
sorry a bit new to this.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Tried the new update after reading that it fixes Luigi's Mansion PAL thinking it may fix Sonic Adventure Alpha as well, nope still screen-flicker then goes to black, going back to r2.219 fixed it again, damn it! I just don't get what broke this after it was fixed again, it's not like it's random it works every time in 2.219 but not in 2.220 and above and it doesn't do that flicker thingie in 2.219, there was a time it broke before 2.200 but then was fixed again if I remember in 2.216, guess it doesn't matter since I'm the only one who's interested.

Thank you for the help, though I still don't know how to compile it myself but I'll look for a tutorial, thank you so much!

Edit: Even though it's not easy to find I too am excited for the official GC Controller adaptor support, great news indeed, if Will Smith was to say it to Nintendo he'd be like "Now that's how you're supposed to design controllers, from now on THAT'S how you design controllers!"
Use devkitProUpdater to install everything except devkitPSP. Then double-click Build.bat in the nintendont folder.

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: