Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the problem BTW - RELSAB is the generic ID for anything created with GC SDK. I have a lot of various prototype/homebrew stuff with RELSAB ID.
Oh? I have other protos and unreleased games like Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario Kart promo disc, and Peach Castle, I only have this ID for the Sonic Adventure one so I thought that's the ID for it!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried sonic spinball 6 times on 2.220 got no sound the first time and got sound the next 5. so its likely its not something that was changed in 2.220 that broke it, but a problem that has been their all along. causing it to work sometimes and not others.
Thanks for confirming, so I guess the on/off audio is more random, but at least the glitched sound is fixed a few revisions back, too bad the proto version still has the glitched sound, do you know what could be causing these sound issues?

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying really hard not to be annoying/nag, but I've tried everything...
did you check to see if the cheat path in usb loder gx is correct?
do you see the cheats list in the sellect cheat option of gx?
did you put kenobiwii.bin in the corect folder and location (sd:sneek if nintendont is in sd, usb:sneek if nintendont is in usb)?
did you toggle ocarina on in usbloader gx options (pergame options)?

cheats work on my end. using usb loader gx also. on a side note, will the devs consider making ocarina cheats with pointer codes work for games?

BARKSTAR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello folks,

Been signed up to gbatemp for a long time now and (like many) been lurking for years and following the development of all the Wii homebrew over the many years!

First off, I just want to thank the individuals that have been working so hard on Nintendont. You people really do make the magic happen and many of us really do appreciate how much effort you all put into projects like this. The software is fantastic and, day by day, my Wii has become my hub for all my gaming from the ZX Spectrum right up to the Gamecube thanks to projects like FBZX-Wii & Nintendont. I have looked out the names of a few coders on various pieces of Wii Homebrew and will be making some donations to many of you in the near future as a small thank you for all the hard work!

This may come across as a bit of a long post, but I have a question regarding a set up I have to make my Wii U work as simply as possible. Seems that Nintendont is having some problems with it.

I have purchased a Y-Cable and a USB mains hub so that I can run a hard drive for both Wii U use (genuine extra storage for the Wii U software itself) and also a hard drive modified with U-Stealth for vWii homebrew. Now this set up actually lets you have both drives plugged in at all times without clashing in Wii U mode and vWii mode. Or so I thought until Nintendont wouldn't work!

To explain how this is cabled up, I have the USB mains hub plugged into the bottom port on the back of the Wii U & the Y cable plugged into the top port as required. I then have my Wii U hard drive plugged in exclusively to the USB mains hub and the vWii hard drive plugged into the main transfer port of the Y-Cable on the top port of the console for access and the secondary USB connector going into the USB mains hub to help power the drive efficiently. This is a great workaround that indeed does work without clashing thanks to U-Stealth on the vWii drive.

Now, cfg-loader will pick up the drive with no problems at all. Games are displayed (both Gamecube & Wii) as expected and I can actually load up and play Wii games without any issues. So cfg-loader will work correctly with Wii games, evidently finding the correct hard drive even whilst the drive I use for Wii U is plugged in at the same time.

Now when I try to run Nintendont, either through the app directly, or via cfg-loader, it must be looking to the other drive or clashing with the other drive somehow as it displays 'FAT 32 PARTITION NOT FOUND: ERROR', or something along these lines, whether the vWii drive is modified with U-Stealth or not. Now if I unplug the other drive (the one for Wii U use obviously) Nintendont works correctly every single time, as does cfg-loader. So I am presuming there is something within Nintendont that is not allowing this to happen. If Wii games can load correctly with this being cabled up then surely the Gamecube titles via Nintendont should be able to do the same thing?

If anyone gets the time to look into what may be causing this, I would very much appreciate it. This would be a great way for users to have two drives hooked up at the same time without having hard drive power issues and having to plug and unplug USB cables all the time, which heavy users will always agree is a bit of a pain!

Thanks for everything else so far, very much appreciated!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Bro why do u care so hard for the proto/alpha/unreleased version of the games anyway? They weren't officially supported, released for a reason why should the Nintendont devs focus on unofficial release of games?

don't you think time would be better spent if they want, to focus more on games that were actually released and are still having a hard time booting up or for more more stability for less random crashes like the resident evil games or sound for beaten kaitos, black screens like Gun, etc. another thing is those games either boot via other methods work better on standalone emulators for their specific consoles like Genplus etc.

anyway what Howard said should work for u and just update the compatibility list accordingly. It's funny how people complained when they were reporting stuff about PSO but the number one games to be constantly brought up were by you.

Reactions: nakata6790

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I second tbis, although I don't think that removing the kernel loading options is a good idea...

What about making a switchable/toggable option that enables the Loading kernel text?
The irony is that I have suggested this early in Nintendont development cycle, I believe SuperrSonic can back me up on this one.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Bro why do u care so hard for the proto/alpha/unreleased version of the games anyway? They weren't officially supported, released for a reason why should the Nintendont devs focus on unofficial release of games?

don't you think time would be better spent if they want, to focus more on games that were actually released and are still having a hard time booting up or for more more stability for less random crashes like the resident evil games it sound for beaten kairos, gun, etc. another thing is those games either boot via other methods work better on standalone emulators for their specific consoles like Genplus etc.

anyway what Howard said should work for u and just update the compatibility list accordingly. It's funny how people complained when they were reporting stuff about PSO but the number one games to be constantly brought up were by you.
PSO works fine for me, though Episode II isn't working for some reason but since I never really owned this game legally I can't really tell if my iso is corrupted or not and others have reported it's working so I won't report it, as for alphas and stuff I like to have the option to mess around with the alpha and proto stuff, to see all kinds of changes and what not, they're not priority but it wouldn't hurt to have them there, the thing is I did not nag or complain about these games not working I was simply reporting a game that was working a revision back and broke after then all of a sudden everyone's jumped on me, if I had waited for more updates then you guys would complain how it's hard to track down now and I should have reported sooner, you know Fix94 made it clear to me when he asked me not to report these stupid games and I haven't reported anything since, I'm not gonna report any more games even if they break so you can rest and be happy that I won't be causing more trouble in that regard, thank you.

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you check to see if the cheat path in usb loder gx is correct? Yes, USB Loader GX auto compiled it and put it under sd:\codes\GUP8EP.gct. Unless I'm wrong, that's where it should be, yes?
do you see the cheats list in the select cheat option of gx? Yep.
did you put kenobiwii.bin in the corect folder and location (sd:sneek if nintendont is in sd, usb:sneek if nintendont is in usb)? SD:\sneek\kenobiwii.bin
did you toggle ocarina on in usbloader gx options (pergame options)? Yep.

cheats work on my end. using usb loader gx also. on a side note, will the devs consider making ocarina cheats with pointer codes work for games?

I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong... Does yours boot up Nintendon't afterwards, with all the settings for the game unselected/set to default and make you pick the game? I then click all the options (memory card, cheats, etc) and press A to start it. I also boot GX from a forwarder...

I even chose the option in GX to show where the Nintendon't boot.dol is.

sybernite0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong... Does yours boot up Nintendon't afterwards, with all the settings for the game unselected/set to default and make you pick the game? I then click all the options (memory card, cheats, etc) and press A to start it. I also boot GX from a forwarder...

i used to launch nintendont using a forwarder channel but then learned that i can integrate cheats in txt form (so i can select cheats i want at certain situations) by using a loader such as gx so i went with that. if i remember correctly here are my options:
Cheats – On
Debugger – Off
Debugger Wait – Off
Memcard Emulation – On
Cheat Path - On
Force Widescreen - Off
Force Progressive - Off
Auto Boot - Off
Use HID device - Off
OSReport - Off
USB – On (since my games are stored in USB)
Drive Read LED - On
Log - Off
MaxPads – 4
Language – Auto
Video – Auto
Memcard Blocks – 251
Memcard Multi - On
Native Control – Off

In Gx, i also turned ocarina on, and forced Ntsc. thats it.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If yours "boot up Nintendon't afterwards, with all the settings for the game unselected/set to default and make you pick the game" means you versions of gx and nintendont are old or not set up correctly. That means that nintendont is using its defaults. nintendonts default for cheats is /games/GameID/GameID.gct so it wont find them whare your putting them.

@to those that want to get rid of status messages on the screen.
Because this error occures after the boot status messages have finished it dosent appear on the screen. their is a message in the log about it cant open the gct file and whare it is looking for it. I didnt see anyone giving instructions relating to the log. This is what all problems will become like if we get rid of the status messages.

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used to launch nintendont using a forwarder channel but then learned that i can integrate cheats in txt form (so i can select cheats i want at certain situations) by using a loader such as gx so i went with that. if i remember correctly here are my options:

In Gx, i also turned ocarina on, and forced Ntsc. thats it.

Mine:

Nintendon't Settings:

Cheats – On
Debugger – Off
Debugger Wait – Off
Memcard Emulation – On
Cheat Path - On
Force Widescreen - On
Force Progressive - On
Auto Boot - Off
Use HID device - Off
OSReport - Off
USB – On (since my games are stored in USB)
Drive Read LED - Off
Log - Off
MaxPads – 4
Language – Auto
Video – Auto
Memcard Blocks – 507
Memcard Multi - Off
Native Control – Off
USB Loader GX Settings (under "game load):

Game Lock: OFF
Favorite Level: 0
Game Language: Console Default
Parental Control: 0 (Everyone)
GameCube Mode: Nintendon't
--== Nintendont ==--
Video Mode: Use Global
Progressive Patch: ON
Force Widescreen: ON
Ocarina: ON
Memory Card Emulation: ON
Memory Card Blocks Size: 507
Debug: Use Global
USB-HID Controller: Use Global
GameCube Controller: Use Global
LED Activity: Use Global
OSReport: Use Global
Log to file: Use Global
Nintendon't Loader Path: cd:/

Pearlized Pistol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If yours "boot up Nintendon't afterwards, with all the settings for the game unselected/set to default and make you pick the game" means you versions of gx and nintendont are old or not set up correctly. That means that nintendont is using its defaults. nintendonts default for cheats is /games/GameID/GameID.gct so it wont find them whare your putting them.

THANK YOU! I could have sworn that it shouldn't be doing that! Defeats the purpose of a loader <.<

My USB Loader GX is Version 3.0 r1231, which looks to be the most recent according to the official thread.
My Nintendon't lists:
Nintendont loader v2.216 (Wii U)
Built: Nov 12 2014 01:09:54
Firmware: 58.25.32

EDIT: Both GX and Nintendon't have their own folders under "apps"... I'm not sure how they could be "not set up correctly"..?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
latest "build" (not latest release available in the internal updater menu) is r1233.
r1231 doesn't work with nintendont r200+

The latest build can be found in my signature, in my blog, on googlecode home page, or here (yes, that link is also on the official thread).

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
just did a successful experiment by making a simple loading progress bar by modifying the current code:
loader\source\main.c lines 450+:
Code:
    IRQ_Request(IRQ_PI_ACR, irq_handler, NULL);
    __UnmaskIrq(IRQ_PI_ACR);
    __IPC_Reinitialize();

PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 70*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
    UpdateScreen();
    while(1)
    {
        DCInvalidateRange( (void*)0x90004100, 0x20 );
        if( STATUS_LOADING == 0xdeadbeef )
            break;

PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 70*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 0)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 90*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 0 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 110*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 2)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 130*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 2 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 150*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 3)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 170*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 3 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 190*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 4)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 210*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 4 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 230*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 5)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 250*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 5 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 270*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 6)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 290*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 6 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 310*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 7)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 330*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 7 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 350*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 8)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 370*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 8 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 390*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 9)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 410*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 9 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 430*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING == 10)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 450*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        if(STATUS_LOADING > 10 && STATUS_LOADING < 20)
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 470*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
        Screenshot();
        GRRLIB_Screen2Texture(0, 0, screen_buffer, GX_FALSE); // Copy all status messages
        GRRLIB_Render();
        GRRLIB_DrawImg(0, 0, background, 0, 1, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF);
        PrintInfo();
    }

//gprintf("Nintendont at your service!\r\n");

GRRLIB_DrawImg(0, 0, screen_buffer, 0, 1, 1, 0xFFFFFFFF); // Draw all status messages
            PrintFormat(DEFAULT_SIZE, 0xFFFFFF00, MENU_POS_X + 490*1, MENU_POS_Y + 20*19, "|||||||||");
    GRRLIB_Render();
result look like this
5n6qvb.jpg

iviryp.jpg

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Just want to confirm some stuff, I gave SADX a test and got the crashes in Chao Race and the Chao Transporter(the tool for renaming, deleting and sending chao to a GBA), to me it froze upon entering either, the third time around it didn't freeze immediately, instead it froze while I was selecting a race. Anyway it's not a kernel crash because the music still plays and the exit combo works.
The final thing I want to say is that I never got a crash with Native Control on, so it looks like it's related to that or something.

Slightly unrelated, I just noticed this is one of the games devo has slowdowns with, noticed it in the Speed Highway stage, motion is all jerky and in nintendont it is smooth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits...