Hacking Nintendont

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy Taxi - set the time up, difficulty on time and traffic down - $24,722.61

Thanks fix! audio streaming is working well. the only track that plays on crazy taxi is All I Want by The Offspring, not sure if its my shrunken iso...for some reason i think that it is related, shrunken only plays 1 track? anyone confirm?

also tried THPS 4, controller disconnects once video mode chosen. videos are super fast. using a real wii with gamecube controller (wavebird).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the only track that plays on crazy taxi is All I Want by The Offspring, not sure if its my shrunken iso...for some reason i think that it is related, shrunken only plays 1 track? anyone confirm?

There is one feature I skipped with audio streaming because I did not see any game actually using it so maybe that is the problem here, I'll need to check that out later.
drakorex:
my copy of bmx xxx runs smooth, no problems here.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is one feature I skipped with audio streaming because I did not see any game actually using it so maybe that is the problem here, I'll need to check that out later.
drakorex:
my copy of bmx xxx runs smooth, no problems here.
Pal, or NTSC? Downloading pal now to try. Also BMX XXX seems to be picky which Wiis it runs on.

I tried for the longest time to make it work on my wii with Devo, and it never did. Then I hacked a wii for somebody and tried it just for the heck of it. Surprised the hell out of me when it worked. Bought a few wiis on ebay, on a couple it worked, on the others it didn't. Weird.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the file limit. Any more than 251 games, and Nintendon't dumps when you try to select your usb.
^
I was going to say this, at least until I took out Need for Speed Underground 2 and replaced it with the Pal version of BMX XXX. So now the only thing I can think of is Nintendont can only read a total of so many characters before it code dumps.

BMX XXX Pal version black screened after the stage loaded for me by the way. NTSC refuses to boot at all. I suppose it could be my disc. I did CleanRip it. Maybe another copy will give better results.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added to list

{{ NIN| name = Spyro: Enter The DragonFly | region = EUR | sound = Works | dsp = v4 | ver = v2.0 | lastVer= | status = Works | comp = yes | size = 730 MB | mcemu = yes | wide =support | 480P = | fst = | notes = Screen not centered. can't be centered in game correctly.}}

If anyone knows how to fix that...... yeh
Can confirm NTSC US version doesn't have missing screen.... All good.

Coreyw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay! What about the 'Failed to open config error', though that I found only in the HID test? Is that anything to do with it?

I believe that error comes if you don't have the controller.ini file on your sd card as well. I had that come up when I just had my controller.ini on my usb drive. It seems to still work in the HID test but looks slightly different.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the solution for Analog triggers with a digital pad as of now?

Im using a PS2 pad with a TruBlu PS2 to PC adapter that I made the controller.ini for, works great except obviously no Analog L and R.

On a further note, PS2 did actually have Analog buttons.... maybe theres a way to use em?

Abwezi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Audio Streaming is not working for me with games using the extracted file system format. Tested with a few different games and FST gave a screeching hissing sound out of Audio Streaming sounds.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ikaruga has music now in this newest version with audio streaming. It sounds pretty good, too. This makes playing it actually worth it now. However, it seems to randomly reset to the title screen while in the midst of playing levels..I believe Dolphin had this bug too a long time ago. I'll edit this post more later when I test more games.

Edit: FIX94, this might shed some light on why Ikaruga reboots:

I took a look at this issue and it is resetting because the music has gone out of sync with the game. I can get it to consistently reset if I set the framelimiter to 40fps (66% speed). The game does not reset if it is running at 100% speed.

Technically the game has detected that an AISInterrupt occurred when it is not expecting one. It then resets.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=5493

Nintendo Gamecube Preview Disc May 2003 has music during its menu now, as it should. Sounds great.

It feels like games boot much faster too, thanks to the optimised patching process.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Eternal Darkness on v1.142 runs fine no background music
on v2.145 runs fine with loud noise upon starting the game and noisy background music.
PAL ISO, tried 1:1, compressed/streamfixed and 32k-aligned?
anyone else having similar problem?

Edit: extracted seems to load without noise (and also without music) with 2.145 but with random freezing during movies and slower loading time

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm tired, worked way too long on this over the week but it was worth it, here it is:
-added audio streaming, works well in most games, updated nintendonts major version to v2
-fixed xg3 running too fast
-general patcher optimizations

Yes! Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Eternal Darkness on v1.142 runs fine no background music
on v2.145 runs fine with loud noise upon starting the game and noisy background music.
I tested only 1:1 USA version, and it worked fine from my last save.
I didn't test to start a new game or load previous saves to check if it worked everywhere.
I'll test it more to see if it has the same issue than PAL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ