Hacking Nintendont

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
That is indeed possible, but crediar created that bin so we are just keeping it because it does the job.

Thanks for confirming it is possible. I get the feeling certain other users thought I was off my rocker or didn't understand what I was saying. I only posted because people were babbling on about the autoboot setting. Which I have to say is a little redundant.

Wouldn't it be possible to have both:-
A loader that accepts command line arguments to boot straight into the game specified plus switch on memory card emu and disable the loader screen so all the user sees is the game booting up; not the info screen.
Plus nincfg.bin can still be used by those people that want to know what version of nintendont they are using and all the other info displayed.

The point is how is writing to storage media every time you start a game easier than parsing 1 - 5 command line switches into already existing variables. Presumably nintendont does that when it reads the settings from nincfg.bin (reads the ISO path, memory card settings and all other settings into variables). I see it as being quicker even if only tiny bit. No Read/Write only command line switches.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please nintendont committer...
i press B for change setup to 1 games, after i exit from setup page, why nintendont point the < in the begginning of the game list? that's very strange... if i want change setting to mariokart DD, when i exit i want the < on mariokart DD not on the beginning of the list..

Reactions: Cyan

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone.
Since I managed to run my joystick in Nintendont I've been playing these games:
- Zelda Twilight Princess
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Resident Evil Code Veronica X

And so far, none of these games have locked me at all. Everything works exactly as I remember them in the Game Cube except a big problem in the sound in Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Smash Bros. Melee. In both games the sound is very distorted. Only abnormal noises.
The version I have is 1.0 from Nintendont
Does anyone know of a solution?

PS: Sorry if this text is not very consistent but I'm using Google translator. : l

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
- Super Mario Sunshine

And so far, none of these games have locked me at all. Everything works exactly as I remember them in the Game Cube except a big problem in the sound in Resident Evil Code Veronica X and Smash Bros. Melee. In both games the sound is very distorted. Only abnormal noises.

PS: Sorry if this text is not very consistent but I'm using Google translator. : l

What version are you running?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello everyone.
- Super Mario Sunshine

Hi Hugo

Try downloading the latest version which is r1.69 from the first page of this thread, the very first Link.

Hola Hugo.

Intenta descargar la ultima version, la cual es r.169 de la primer pagina de este tópico, está en el primer renglón, el primer enlace.

Hugo Bruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi Hugo

Try downloading the latest version which is r1.69 from the first page of this thread, the very first Link.

Hola Hugo.

Intenta descargar la ultima version, la cual es r.169 de la primer pagina de este tópico, está en el primer renglón, el primer enlace.

By downloading the latest version of Nintendont, Just change the boot on my SD? When you do this? Do not lose my saved games?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please nintendont committer...
i press B for change setup to 1 games, after i exit from setup page, why nintendont point the < in the begginning of the game list? that's very strange... if i want change setting to mariokart DD, when i exit i want the < on mariokart DD not on the beginning of the list..

That's because nintendont doesn't have individual settings for each game, the settings apply to all the games. To do what you want you need to use a loader like loader GX

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
v1.69 breaks a lot of games for me, Mario Sunshine gets stuck at progressive mode prompt, Kirby Air Ride randomly crashes, Sonic Adventure 2 crashes at mem card selection and many others, all perfectly working with v1.67 and before
I'm still having these problems with 1.70.

skihji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got prime working on 1.61 I had some option turned on in the loader menu that messed it up, gonna try 1.70 now, thanks for the help!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Got prime working on 1.61 I had some option turned on in the loader menu that messed it up, gonna try 1.70 now, thanks for the help!

i can garantee you prime works perfectly on 1.70 i just been playing it for the pastt hour im already on the varia suit xD

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Id probably bang her... Lol