Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you stick with the Wii version ? You don't even have to bother with changing discs either.
That's what I did a long time ago, saved me a lot of trouble back in the Dios Mios topic.

Because I don't own that one. T-T
I feel like it would be illegal to play the Wii version if I don't own it, I only have the GC version. That's why I'm nagging about that one. XD
Actually if you read the terms of use for roms, you downloading the Wii version while owning the Gamecube version is perfectly legal, yeah not many people know that and we have Nintendo to thank for hiding this information on the majority, anyway there are benifits of using the Gamecube version like having alternate options for a controller and using wide screen, plus just because the game is on Wii doesn't mean it has to be ignored on Nintendont.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Jealousy no doubt. ;)

you want to know something funny about paypal? I read your post about needing 20$ for refunding a drive. quickly sent you 20$, then I see you were close to your objective :rofl2: Looks like I'm a generous guy hahaha!

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did a long time ago, saved me a lot of trouble back in the Dios Mios topic.

Actually if you read the terms of use for roms, you downloading the Wii version while owning the Gamecube version is perfectly legal, yeah not many people know that and we have Nintendo to thank for hiding this information on the majority, anyway there are benifits of using the Gamecube version like having alternate options for a controller and using wide screen, plus just because the game is on Wii doesn't mean it has to be ignored on Nintendont.

oh i agree, but i do believe that games that have perfectly working wii versions with similar controls (meaning that they support the classic controller) should be given low priority.

Reactions: sonictopfan

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
you want to know something funny about paypal? I read your post about needing 20$ for refunding a drive. quickly sent you 20$, then I see you were close to your objective :rofl2: Looks like I'm a generous guy hahaha!
I thought that might have been the case. I was going to PM you (when I was finished watching Netflix that is), but I'll refund it if you want.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I thought that might have been the case. I was going to PM you (when I was finished watching Netflix that is), but I'll refund it if you want.

no worry, keep it and have a beer ;)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I tought donations were just that...personal decisions, not needed to be announced, and well received by the developers, if I'm gonna give, it's because I feel it's well deserved for the good we have seen so far. (I'm not trying to create a fight or discussion I clarify that just in case). Great work on nintendont. When I donate I don't think I'll announce it. :Pif that's ok.

Reactions: Deleted User

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! First off thanks for the work on Nintendont, things are going great so far with a few quirks!

I'm getting random crashes with the PAL version of Luigi's Mansion. The first time it crashed, I was vacuuming up money from a golden mouse in the first hallway. The second time, I was writing this post with Luigi just hanging out in the lobby and it crashed while I wasn't doing anything at all (Luigi had been standing there for a while though).

When the game freezes it sits there making a glitch noise until you turn off the console, but it's not frozen to the point where you can't press home to get out of Nintendont.

I noticed that the compatibility list shows that this game is all systems go, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this matter. I dumped the game myself with CleanRip and shrunk it with DiscEX.

Thanks!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! First off thanks for the work on Nintendont, things are going great so far with a few quirks!

I'm getting random crashes with the PAL version of Luigi's Mansion. The first time it crashed, I was vacuuming up money from a golden mouse in the first hallway. The second time, I was writing this post with Luigi just hanging out in the lobby and it crashed while I wasn't doing anything at all (Luigi had been standing there for a while though).

When the game freezes it sits there making a glitch noise until you turn off the console, but it's not frozen to the point where you can't press home to get out of Nintendont.

I noticed that the compatibility list shows that this game is all systems go, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice on this matter. I dumped the game myself with CleanRip and shrunk it with DiscEX.

Thanks!

Try to avoid shrinking ISO images if you can, games tend to freak out if you do. Nintendont, heck, many ISO loaders can flip out about games being shrunken. Try the regular 1.35 GB size if you can.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah no the remake port is riddled with bugs, they're both mediocre ports in general. Also the developers decide what is or isn't important to them.

What are those? I played through both "archives" and didn't notice anything. Faster Wii loading (from HDD and with a fast IOS) & no disc change were more than welcome for me.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are those? I played through both "archives" and didn't notice anything. Faster Wii loading (from HDD and with a fast IOS) & no disc change were more than welcome for me.

From my experience with the retail game it has occasional crashes at door loading sequences as well as the occasional sound glitches (sounds would pitch shift too high). There's also the forced 4:3 which some may see as a good thing but i can understand when people want to fill their screen despite being stretched, the only way around it is to use your tv settings to stretch the screen, but then it looks worse than any widescreen stretch possibly could. I never had much issues with RE Zero but i have had it freeze after the disc swap point that the original game had, and instead of locked 4:3 it's locked to a stretched widescreen.

Disc swapping and loading times are negligible when compared to those things, and even then Nintendont makes them moot.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
From my experience with the retail game it has occasional crashes at door loading sequences as well as the occasional sound glitches (sounds would pitch shift too high). There's also the forced 4:3 which some may see as a good thing but i can understand when people want to fill their screen despite being stretched, the only way around it is to use your tv settings to stretch the screen, but then it looks worse than any widescreen stretch possibly could. I never had much issues with RE Zero but i have had it freeze after the disc swap point that the original game had, and instead of locked 4:3 it's locked to a stretched widescreen.

Disc swapping and loading times are negligible when compared to those things, and even then Nintendont makes them moot.

As a streamer, I've had zero related crashes with either Archives. I've ran through REmake at least 13 times since I loaded it on my usb hdd. Zero glitches or sound issues as well. 4:3 is fine, reminds me of retro anyway and thats fine, plus I play it on my computer monitor anyway so I use a program called AmarecTv to upscale the Wii into 16:9. I'm completely fine with the Gamecube versions as well. Either game on GC or Wii works fine for me, I guess except right now? Haven't looked at the compatibility list in awhile but RE4, REmake and REZero have issues on GC?

D

Deleted User

When "Nintendont kernel looping, loading game..." shows up I have to press Buttons on my HID controller each time something is read from the "disc"
For example when Mario Kart DD intro is playing it stucks when I stop pressing buttons on my controller.

I tested again.
r210, r211, r220, r227, r229 ok
r230, r234 broken

SugoiEndeavor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know why if I load a game off of my usb, it doesn't work. It is always stuck at "INT usb/sd". It will load games off of my sd perfectly though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat