Hacking Nintendont

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix94 has done a lot of work on game timing but I would imagine one or two games still require more work. I wouldn't pester him to do it tho, your likely to get a response such as "its open source, fix it yourself".

The guy is a genius, as are all the devs. But all their work is done in their own time, and takes a huge amount of coding skill and effort. Us mortals have no rights to demand anything off them, but only to appreciate what they have already done. Peace
I don't ask to pester, but to know the situation, I understand that some things aren't as simple as it seems, I thought there might be something I could check off in settings or something. XD

EDIT: and Joostin, I own multiple copies of the game, if you want a disk mailed to ya. XD

Reactions: flinto

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that would work fine. I'm just not adding code for loading files from a FAT device. It wouldn't be especially hard, but custom backgrounds adds more possibility for error.
While it would be nice to have custom background I think it's wise not to include such an option for it will most definitely cause more trouble than fix anything, if you need any help in making a background I could do something.

[user]Fix94[/user] you are right Nintendont has gone a long way since the early builds, it's already competing with Devo and already exceeded DM(L) for the most party (there are still some games that work fine in DM(L) but not in Nintendont which is to be expected) don't think I was nagging or bitching when I reported bugs though, I'm more than grateful for the amount of work and the only games that have issues for me I can always use with Dios Mios or Devo (though I deleted Devo from my Wii altogether, don't want any more headaches verfying discs everytime I update the hard drive or something) so it's not a big issue for me, I just thought I'd help report bugs but it seems the more I report the more people get pissed, sorry guys.

Reactions: VinsCool and flinto

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Would it be considered piracy if you have an NTSC copy of the game and download the pal version? It's a bit of a shame that brilliant devs should be hindered by their "morals", stopping them from obtaining what's necessary to improve compatibility for those who may legally own the games in question.
Well I'm not exactly brilliant (part of the reason I focus on the loader), but I just didn't feel comfortable with it. Besides, in three years when I run for supreme ruler of the universe, I don't want people smearing my campaign by saying "But he downloaded a Gamecube game he didn't own!"

flinto (one of the people who donated) isn't from the US so he had PAL games to test with. He was able to verify that I'd fixed it, and has been a great help with the upcoming version.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
New update
-Reapplied the new UI with a truetype font
-Increased the number of games shown on one screen
-Increased the number of characters shown per-title
-Slowed down scrolling up/down and sped up left/right
-Fixed Nintendont not running without an SD card inserted
-Fixed a warning in Patch.c if DEBUG_PATCH was disabled

NOTE: Don't bother asking for a full GUI, coverflow, or anything else graphics related. This is as good as it's going to get. Use another loader if you want something nicer. The purpose was to make the text easier to read on small screens, and to add flexibility for the devs by making font size customizable.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a weird issue with the aspect ratio when running super mario sunshine it seems to force a widescreen mode even when force widescreen is off, is it possible to play sunshine in the naitive 4:3 aspect ratio? Fantastic work so far on nintendont btw :D

You could use the Widescreen Cheat code to play the game in proper 16:9

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You could use the Widescreen Cheat code to play the game in proper 16:9
widescreen hack also works fine. But he might want the pillarboxing, which is not possible if his tv dosent support it.

Bracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I created a new Nintendont icon for myself and figured I'd share it in case anyone else wanted to use it:
icon.png

Difference between this image and the original:
Created from scratch
Uses the font GameCuben by Bleutuna
Font is centered
65% smaller than original image

The main reason I created this is because the original was messing with my OCD due to its font placement, though it's still not perfect due to the image dimensions. This was created in about five minutes and is meant to be a clone of the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag