Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
R+Z+B+ D-Pad Down for Exit to loader ??
it takes me back to HBC, not nintendont....
It always been like that.

that is probably becuase usbloader gx and other loaders now need to update becuase we got more settings in nintendont like it needed before.
I thought of that as well, though my USB-Loader GX is up to date and aside from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 and Virtua Striker 2006 (plus the issue with Sonic Adventure's Chao Race, black screen after exiting Sonic CD, and the noise at the start up with Midway Arcade Treasures 2, which I could live with) I got all games in my list working fine as far as I can tell so I decided to go back to r194 until a proper update is released, I don't see why it's such a big deal.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing broke for me... tested all my games today in between Bayonetta sessions haha.
I wanna get that game but I'm short on cash atm and wanna save the last game I could purchase for Sonic Boom, I wanna say though that Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 is really good, in fact it's so good it makes the first game so bad as if it was only a engine test, that's my opinion anyway, if you liked the first game you won't regret getting this one as it adds so much variety and fixes many issues from the first game, better level design and all, only downside is the lack of multiplay mode!

Reactions: KongsNutz

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is probably becuase usbloader gx and other loaders now need to update becuase we got more settings in nintendont like it needed before.
Their have been no changes to the config between 2.194 and 2.197. The last changes that might have broken something was 1.135 and backwards compatability was fixed a couple versions later.

JoostinOnline CFG dosent pass anything by args if only uses nincfg.bin

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It seems that the last 5-6 revisions broke a lot of the benefits for PAL games. It is very rare to foce progressive patch on or even Ocarina codes with playable results.
F.E ,using USB Loader GX I must turn off every patch for Paper Mario TTYD in order to work and it requires video mode to NTSC .

And lastly, it drives me crazy that after updating Nintendon't from the Nintendon't app (and not from USB Loade GX ),Wiiflow code dumps every time I try to boot a game using nintendon't!
(While USB Loader GX works fine!)

Can anyone help me please?

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Pac Man World 2 no longer works for me from USB Loader GX in r197 but works fine in r194

I didn't test any games I haven't gotten the time, I was commenting based on the reports I been reading, sorry guys but I only tested Pac-Man World 2 and I can confirm it's broken if you run from USB-Loader GX for some reason, r194 fixes that and I didn't see any updates that interest me since I don't have PSOEIII so I went back to r194.

Will test pacman world 2 for you later on

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did anyone test these two cheat codes to see if Widescreen works properly in Nintendont and we can use them instead of the widescreen hack which mirrors all the text?

I know both Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD have Widescreen issues when we enable the Widescreen hack in Nintendont, right?
So I was looking for some Widescreen cheat codes like the Mario Kart Double Dash one and Smash. Melee. and stumbled upon Widescreen cheat codes for the Pokemon NGC games too!

Try them out and let me know your results (if you can take pictures it would be nice):
Code:
Pokemon Colosseum (GC6E01)

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) [Ralf]
C20A3930 00000002
C3A2B084 EFBD00B2
60000000 00000000
0447E724 3FAAAAAB
Code:
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (GXXE01)

16:9 Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) [Ralf]
C20B3454 00000002
C3A2BF9C EFBD00B2
60000000 00000000
044EFD5C 3FAAAAAB
If these codes work properly, maybe these could be added in a hard-coded way into the Widescreen hack as a stand alone patch only applied to these two games to make them work properly with Widescreen and not having all letters and text mirrored

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Did anyone tested these two cheat codes to see if Widescreen works properly in Nintendont and we can use them instead of the widescreen hack which mirrors all the text?

Which region? I will test for pokemon XD

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What seems to be the problem with you using cheats?
I tried using them first with Wiiflow.
I enabled some cheats that Wiiflow downloads from the official GeckoCodes repository, enabled them and the game starts without them (Pokemon Colosseum)
After that, I tried using a freshly created GCT from the very same GeckoCodes.org with Nintendont and Pokemon Colosseum just blackscreens on boot.
Then I went for Pokemon XD, same thing happened with Wiiflow, it booted the game without any cheat codes.
Tried with the standalone Nintendont app, and the game booted without them too.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It always been like that.

I thought of that as well, though my USB-Loader GX is up to date and aside from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 and Virtua Striker 2006 (plus the issue with Sonic Adventure's Chao Race, black screen after exiting Sonic CD, and the noise at the start up with Midway Arcade Treasures 2, which I could live with) I got all games in my list working fine as far as I can tell so I decided to go back to r194 until a proper update is released, I don't see why it's such a big deal.

What was the last rev that sonic adventure and sonic cd didnt have these issues in? Also, what was the last rev that resident evil zero worked without that lockup on disc 2?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using them first with Wiiflow.
I enabled some cheats that Wiiflow downloads from the official GeckoCodes repository, enabled them and the game starts without them (Pokemon Colosseum)
After that, I tried using a freshly created GCT from the very same GeckoCodes.org with Nintendont and Pokemon Colosseum just blackscreens on boot.
Then I went for Pokemon XD, same thing happened with Wiiflow, it booted the game without any cheat codes.
Tried with the standalone Nintendont app, and the game booted without them too.

Did you try this?
Can I use Cheat codes?
Yes, cheat codes are working on the Open source version (Not on the Alpha).
To enable the cheat codes, you need to download kenobiwii.bin file and put it in your sneek folder from the device where your games are located, like this: SD:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin and USB:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin

Generate your cheat code file using your preferred method (USBloader, online, etc.)

If you launch Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel, put the .gct file in /games/GameID/GameID.gct
if you launch from a loader, it will be loaded wherever the loader's default gct location is.

Then, enable Ocarina or Cheat option and launch the game.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try using USBLoaderGX, that seemed to work pretty well for me.
What is SA2?
I will try using that. SA2 is Sonic Adventure 2.
The widescreen cheat code works with pokemon XD :)
YAY!
No mirrored text or anything this time?
I wonder if the cheat codes for widescreen can be hard coded into Nintendont for games that are problematic using the built in Widescreen hack.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, lol