Hacking Nintendont

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I need to know if the audio is corrupted with r13. Other than a significant speed boost for file logging and possibly smaller app size (like a few bytes), I don't think any of my changes should be noticeable to the end user.

In the r22 version I have some audio issues, but in other version don't have (unfortunately I don't remember which version was BUT It may be the r20 but I'm not sure:unsure: )

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry JoostinOnline but I tried to check r13 but now i'm getting -3. I'm about to try another sd card to see if that fixes the problem

Edit: new sd card works but now i'm scared to downgrade to r13 because I don't want to get -3 again

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the recommended format fat 32 32kb clusters or 64kb clusters for speed and performance ? I'm sure the Devs have already looked into this matter already.

Also can a mod please edit the first page to say which is the best or preferred format. And the naming of the controller.ini so we can refer all these same questions everyone is asking to page 1.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry JoostinOnline but I tried to check r13 but now i'm getting -3. I'm about to try another sd card to see if that fixes the problem

Edit: new sd card works but now i'm scared to downgrade to r13 because I don't want to get -3 again
If you get a -3 error, then just go back to the latest version. It doesn't mess with your SD card or anything.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get a -3 error, then just go back to the latest version. It doesn't mess with your SD card or anything.

I was messing with the files trying to get my new adapter to work, Don't worry because I fixed it and about to test Shadow the Hedgehog on r13 for you

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirming Shadow the Hedgehog works exactly the same in r13 and r22

On a lesser note, is there a way to disable the c stick by editing the controller.ini or something? The new adapter seems to have it always pushing to the right

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
i only overflew the compitability list and i saw alot of green? is there already so many games working?

Super Mario Sunshine is listed as working when it freezes up before beating the first level. In my opinion that isn't correct, but I'm not sure what rules there are for games to qualify as working/not working.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only overflew the compitability list and i saw alot of green? is there already so many games working?

I honestly don't think that half the list is alot. Besides, most games have corrupted audio which is marked in the dsp column.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Sunshine is listed as working when it freezes up before beating the first level. In my opinion that isn't correct, but I'm not sure what rules there are for games to qualify as working/not working.

About Sunshine, I never managed to get it to work myself. It just kept freezing. Cyan said it works good for him so I marked it as green. I'm going to change it to orange since more people are complaining about it freezing then working.

Reactions: mclow

AwesomeMarioFan

RiiConnect24 Dev
Trophies
Website
awesomemariofan.com
XP
Country
United States
About Sunshine, I never managed to get it to work myself. It just kept freezing. Cyan said it works good for him so I marked it as green. I'm going to change it to orange since more people are complaining about it freezing then working.

Ah, yeah it would freeze for me 2/3 times before I even hit the title screen. And once or twice I got to the first level in Delfino Airstrip, and it froze up by the end of the second cutscene (The controls overview one).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I could play a level (and died/restarted multiple time) before it froze.
But I thought all games suffered the random freezing issue with nintendont. (like Zelda WindWaker when loading new maps, passing doors, etc.)

I guess "issue" is better then.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. Two Shadow the Hedgehog entries, fixed.

It probably happened because someone said that shadow the hedgehog had different compatibility on different versions. I double checked and it was the same compatibility.

Anyway, I checked r23 with shadow the hedgehog and it was pretty interesting

Test 1: fails to load kernel 4 and 5 but booted the game, freezes loading first level
Test 2: gives kernel 5 like normal boot but gave me green screen right afterwards
Test 3: gives kernel 5 like normal boot and first level loaded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, Hi