Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

then what? It could very well be a mistake in my part, if others get no freeze in that exact spot (loading 3rd race in 1st cup).
Btw, don't get me wrong, but why don't you also try the game yourself instead of finishing the post on a cliffhanger?
I mean you asked for a B2 fix so many times, can't you also try the latest fix yourself?

What I forgot to say is, if the dump is verified, as in, it matches the SHA1, CRC32 hashes on redump.org, then the dump itself is fine and still has issues. I'll test the game, I verified my dump to be a clean 1:1 ISO, using a hash calculator can give you the hashes to compare.

yes the first one, which has 3 races on it :) If you want I could retry right now :) I'm still in the game hahaha :P

Pacific Gate Grand Prix, right? just to be sure.

Would you be willing to reproduce the breaking/crashing point to see if it happens? Spam it to oblivion?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost there :) a 3 minute lap to go.

nakata6790 the_randomizer Tha game hasn't crashed at the 3rd race :D

Then it sounds like a simple bad dump, and there are a lot out there, even when we dump our own games, they can get corrupted, so yeah, redump is a good place to make sure.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Then it sounds like a simple bad dump, and there are a lot out there, even when we dump our own games, they can get corrupted, so yeah, redump is a good place to make sure.

So Nakata, this crash you are getting at the 3rd race must be something on your end. To me, it looks like the game is 100% working with nintendont 2.166 :)

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to hear! So as expected, it is a bad dump i got.
I just redid it again and i got the freeze at the same spot.
Thanks for looking into this, i'll try a different source ;)

I'm testing the dump on Dolphin, it doesn't freeze on the third race, will test on Nintendont, but yes, I too had that issue on Dios Mios, it froze every time at the same place, also on the Crash Mode, same level it would lock up. Will keep testing. Sure, Dolphin isn't Nintendont, but, it lets me know if the dump is good :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm testing the dump on Dolphin, it doesn't freeze on the third race, will test on Nintendont, but yes, I too had that issue on Dios Mios, it froze every time at the same place, also on the Crash Mode, same level it would lock up. Will keep testing. Sure, Dolphin isn't Nintendont, but, it lets me know if the dump is good :P

I'm safe, I didn't get an internet iso :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Right, but even dumps we make on our own can get corrupted, such as with some I used when I ripped on my Wii.

Indeed, what I was saying is, my own rip is a good one :yay:

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Goot to hear that some audio problems have been fixed!
Thanks for the awesome work, developers!

I might get a job next week, as soon as I get my payment I will donate to you guys :)
And perhaps I might request something. XD

EDIT: Has someone tried out 2.166 with NFS Hot Pursuit 2?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Goot to hear that some audio problems have been fixed!
Thanks for the awesome work, developers!

I might get a job next week, as soon as I get my payment I will donate to you guys :)
And perhaps I might request something. XD

EDIT: Has someone tried out 2.166 with NFS Hot Pursuit 2?

Hey shadow! Go play Burnout 2, it is a really fun game :D

Edit: I didn't try Need for speed, I will later.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey shadow! Go play Burnout 2, it is a really fun game :D

Edit: I didn't try Need for speed, I will later.

I've never been such a fond fan of Burnout games, heck even racing games in general.
The only racing game I have enjoyed has been the NFS Hot Pursuit series (and Mario Kart but that's not really in the same category is it? XD), because it doesn't go too deep into the customize your 'neighborhood' car shit with goddamn gangstah songs.
NFS III: Hot Pursuit being my favorite, and I did complete Hot Pursuit 2 in NGC some years ago.
I might get that game again from a guy who is selling it just to complete Championship again. :P
And the soundtrack never fails for Hot Pursuit games.

Reactions: VinsCool

diogonegri

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As pedro702 said, that "generic controller" .ini is only partially generic, as you can see the name includes the VID and PID. If HIDTest is seeing your controller, then you just need to check the VID and PID are identical to those in the .ini; if they are and you still get no response in-game, then you probably forgot to turn HID on in nintendont settings (or the loader's if you're using one).

THANKS SO MUCH FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!
It was just a simple matter of turning on the settings. hahha, THANK YOU, im so happy :) i can finally play GC games on my useless Black wii.

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Before we add it can you check some of your settings.
You have the booth the dpad and the Stick mapped to the same offset. somethinfg is probably mapped wrong.
DigitalLR=1 and values for AnalogL AnalogR probably means the analog triggers are working as digital.

Mmm... well the the rigth analog works like and analog stick, but the left analog only works like the four buttons on the rigth.
This control has a button on the back for change into Xdirect o Inputdirect, i used like inputdirect.
I dont know how to mapped right, can you change for me and i try it, on the controller and say it if it works correctly.
I dont used the 2 buttons on the analogs and 2 buttons that are like start and select lol.
I think is a quit "DigitalLR=1" its works the same way.

If you can modify to the good setting, i can try it, to say it is works good. Thanks.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(All ISO images are NTSC-U)

Games I tested on 2.166 -

Burnout 2 - Perfect
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - Perfect (slight lag on wired GCN pad in the menu and when saving only)
Sonic Adventure DX - Perfect
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - Perfect (music continues to play after skate run is complete, no big deal, next track plays just fine).

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Has someone tried out 2.166 with NFS Hot Pursuit 2?
So I tried it, and It crashed at the second vauxhall challange race, after a good 25 minutes ingame. I assume this game isn't completely stable :yayu:

Reactions: ShadowOne333

MattDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys! Finally I played Ikaruga flawlessly... AWSOME!!! ^_^
I have only 2 little questions:

1- If I run Nintendont from the HomeBrew Channel, I set mem emulation and it's all ok. But if I run the game from the CFG USB Loader, it load the game, but it don't emulate the memory card. This happens because every time i use the CFG with a gamecube game, it restore the settings to the default values. Can you explain me how can I fix it?
2- I have noted that all 4 leds on my wiimote are constantly on while i'm playing a gamecube game... is that normal? ^_^

Thx a lot for all guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: just found out theres osu for nintendo ds