Hacking Nintendont

Tommy_Angelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I would first delete any nincfg.bin (I believe that's what it is still called) on the root of the SD card where Nintendont is stored and where you have stored your ISOs as the settings above are NOT default as Memcard Emulation's default is on especially since you are using a Wii U which has no GameCube Memory Card slots and you will not be able to save. Also WiiU Widescreen should be on since you are using a Wii U.

General rule of thumb is to get Nintendont working via Homebrew Channel in vWii mode first as that's gives you the best shot for it to work. Once everything is working then you can experiment with other methods.
Delete all nincfg files? Where else can nincfg files be found besides the SD card? I took the picture directly from the SD card with the nincfg file deleted. The ISO files are also on the SD card. Do you think it's because of the Nintendont setting that I get a black screen when starting a game?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Delete all nincfg files? Where else can nincfg files be found besides the SD card? I took the picture directly from the SD card with the nincfg file deleted. The ISO files are also on the SD card. Do you think it's because of the Nintendont setting that I get a black screen when starting a game?
do you even have nintendont settings? seems nintendont didnt even saved them, is your sd card locked? it needs to be unlocked to creat settings such as to enable memory card files and such, did you tried more than one game? or just used the same iso everytime? does your iso md5 match redump md5?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As suggestion:
Check for correct game path, supported file-format and correct game ID. Or use a GC Backup Manager which also can copy them directly to correct path.
  • Verify your using the correct game title ID including correct region ID of the game. The fourth letter of a GC/Wii game ID e.g [SUXYA4] specifies if its "P" PAL, "E" USA, "J" Japan, "N" Japanese NTSC import or "X,Y,Z" alternate European languages.
  • Enable "display extension of known file type" on Windows to prevent double name of filetype e.g "game.iso".iso is wrong.
  • Nintendont - GC Games (use GC Backup Manager):
    • File format: ISO (recommended), CISO, GCM,
    • The single or first disc must be named "game" (g + a + m + e, NOT titlename, NOT a folder)
    • File path: USB://games/Mario Kart Double Dash [GM4P01]/game.iso
    • Split files: 2nd game disc must be named "disc2.iso" and to be in same folder with game.iso:
      • /games/Tales of symphonia [GQSEAF]/game.iso
        /games/Tales of symphonia [GQSEAF]/disc2.iso

Tommy_Angelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi everyone!

Thank you for addressing my problem. SD card is not locked and there is "nincfg" file in SD root.
I have now copied all games to SD card again with GCBM.
gcbm_sd.png
I set up the Nintendont app
nintendont setup.png
and now all games work!!!
nintendont game list.png
But the md5 hash is not perfect. Is that a problem?

Thank you!!!44 :-)

BR,
Tommy_Angelo

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone!

Thank you for addressing my problem. SD card is not locked and there is "nincfg" file in SD root.
I have now copied all games to SD card again with GCBM.
View attachment 334880I set up the Nintendont app
View attachment 334881and now all games work!!!
View attachment 334882But the md5 hash is not perfect. Is that a problem?

Thank you!!!44 :-)

BR,
Tommy_Angelo
your passing the isos through a program that is messing them up

Just get an iso where the md5 matches redump, just one and manually pass it to the sd card its not hard its drag and drop... im guessing your using bad isos or your program is breaking them for sure.

Reactions: ccfman2004

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your passing the isos through a program that is messing them up

Just get an iso where the md5 matches redump, just one and manually pass it to the sd card its not hard its drag and drop... im guessing your using bad isos or your program is breaking them for sure.
That would be my guess too.

Go to: http://redump.org/discs/system/gc/

There are tons of ways to get the MD5 or SHA1 hash of a file.

Reactions: jeannotte

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kubimon

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to use dual shock 4 with Nintendon't. There is a config file controller_ps4v2.ini but I’m not sure if it works. I’ve read a couple of comments that v2 dual shock 4’s are not working with Nintendon't because input reporting changed and new controllers are not recognized as hid. Is there anybody who can confirm if it is working or not?

Thanks in advance!

VideoGamer1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anybody know what's going on? I tried to play nintendont using DS3 controller but when I plug the usb during gameplay, nintendont just straight up crash. When i plug it in during menu, the number one light on the controller will lit up and nintendont menu arrow go glitched out until I restarted the system.

And btw, HID test recognize the controller.

Wookis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am trying to play Mario Superstar Baseball (did the usual redump check, 1.35GB, etc.) on my Wii with a 2GB Sandisk SD Card and a USB Hard Drive. All of the 20+ other games I have load fine, except strangely this one. Should I wait longer or are tehre any patches I need?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,
I am trying to play Mario Superstar Baseball (did the usual redump check, 1.35GB, etc.) on my Wii with a 2GB Sandisk SD Card and a USB Hard Drive. All of the 20+ other games I have load fine, except strangely this one. Should I wait longer or are tehre any patches I need?
take a picture of your nintendont settings, also what is the issue? does the game not start? does it crash? what?

Wookis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Sorry for not providing those originally
2. The game just blackscreens upon loading
Edit: let it load for over an hour and still black screen.

Last edited by Wookis,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1. Sorry for not providing those originally
2. The game just blackscreens upon loading
Edit: let it load for over an hour and still black screen.

disable force widescreen and try again, could be that the widescreen hack is not compatible with the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...