Hacking Nintendont

doobyduck

Trophies
XP
Country
Have had an issue bugging me for some time and cannot see a solution. When I switch on Wii U for first time (or switch it off for a couple of hours and try again), Nintendont crashes the first time. It crashes to a black screen with what looks like a semi-colon in top left.

If I press home button, it resets to Wii U home screen. If I try a second time, it works every time. It only crashes the first time I try to enter.

I've tried multiple SD cards and have the same problem. I've run decaffienator to try and ensure my system files are clean and still having same problem.

Odd that each time it crashes on first attempt, but works the second time. I have all my game files on sd card. Any ideas I can try would be appreciated or anyone else experiencing the same, I'd be interested to know.

Thank you all in advance.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Have had an issue bugging me for some time and cannot see a solution. When I switch on Wii U for first time (or switch it off for a couple of hours and try again), Nintendont crashes the first time. It crashes to a black screen with what looks like a semi-colon in top left.

If I press home button, it resets to Wii U home screen. If I try a second time, it works every time. It only crashes the first time I try to enter.

I've tried multiple SD cards and have the same problem. I've run decaffienator to try and ensure my system files are clean and still having same problem.

Odd that each time it crashes on first attempt, but works the second time. I have all my game files on sd card. Any ideas I can try would be appreciated or anyone else experiencing the same, I'd be interested to know.

Thank you all in advance.
where is your nintendont forwarder installed nand or usb?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Installed on nand - tried it on USB and made no difference. Thanks
If you're using vWii overclock then you cannot have the Nintendont files and GCN games on your USB since the Wii U when on overclocked vWii mode you're limited to use only the SD card.
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of NIntendont, does anyone know what happened to @FIX94?

I haven't seen him around i a while.
x2
What did actually happen to that good person of @FIX94 (that man that tinkered with vWii stuff, adding WiiFlow compatibility to some Wii emulators, developing both libwiidrc and libwupc, etc.)?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you're using vWii overclock then you cannot have the Nintendont files and GCN games on your USB since the Wii U when on overclocked vWii mode you're limited to use only the SD card.
Post automatically merged:

x2
What did actually happen to that good person of @FIX94 (that man that tinkered with vWii stuff, adding WiiFlow compatibility to some Wii emulators, developing both libwiidrc and libwupc, etc.)?
there isnt really a need to overclock nintendont, the games already run better than they did on the actual gamecube anyway.

Reactions: jeannotte and ber71

Partitionhlep

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry if someone has said this already or this is the wrong place to post this, but the horipad s doesn't work with nintendont. it's definitely compatible because the hid tester detects it and reads its inputs, but after making my own config, it doesn't work.

Taint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo!

So a few months ago I hacked my WiiU, installed Nintendont and a bunch of Wii U games (pirated, obviously) and everything worked perfectly. I used TechMoons(?) injector tool and all the GC games had emulated memory card, WiiU widescreen, forced progressive, ect..

I hadn't in played it in weeks, and when turning it on last week, discovered that the WiiU updated the firmware and none of the games installed were working.

So I followed instructions online on how to fix it (I can't remember what I did, maybe re-copied some tiramasu files to the SD card?) and the WiiU games worked, but GC didn't.

I was initially using a microSD card for the initial hack and installation/injection on all GC games, but read that sometimes those fail, so I copied the files from that card to a new standard SD card, put that in the WiiU, and all hacked WiiU games worked, and the GC games would now open and play, but they were now only in 4:3 with "no memory card found" being displayed. I still have a "saves" folder on the SD card, and GC saves are in it, but nothing works.

I've tried messing around with it but nothing works, but I thought of a potential issue...

1)Is it because the standard SD card which I'm now using in the WiiU was not the MicroSD card that was used when creating the GC injections (and in my computer) using TechMoons injection tool?

and 2) if that is the case, do I need to delete all those installed GC games from the WiiU and USB memory then rerun them through the inject tool using the standard SD card which I am now using in the front of my WiiU?

If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, or if I should make a new one, but I ripped my copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II and injected it into a Wii U channel with Wii U USB Helper. The game plays perfectly and looks great, but the problem is, I can't get Nintendont's BBA emulation to work so I can play online with the private server. I tried launching Nintendont through the vWii Homebrew Channel, and turned the setting on, but the game still says the hardware isn't connected when I try to set up the network. Is there any way to fix this so I can keep my Wii U channel for convenience and ability to use the gamepad?
Ok, so I managed to fix this!!!! Step by step guide in case anyone runs into the same problem:
  1. First off, I deleted the version created by USB Helper (not sure if necessary, but I did it anyway). Then I used UWUVCI to create an injected version of the game instead, which also conveniently sets up Nintendont for you.
  2. Now the tricky part. You need a copy of the iso (could be any game probably) and put the game in the correct Nintendont format on your SD card.
  3. Now, go into Wii Menu, then Homebrew Channel, then launch Nintendont.
  4. Select SD card, then press B on the Wii Remote to go into the settings.
  5. Turn BBA Emulation to ON, then back out into the game selection menu.
  6. Launch your game. After it's loaded, restart the system and run your injected version of the game. Works perfectly.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yo!

So a few months ago I hacked my WiiU, installed Nintendont and a bunch of Wii U games (pirated, obviously) and everything worked perfectly. I used TechMoons(?) injector tool and all the GC games had emulated memory card, WiiU widescreen, forced progressive, ect..

I hadn't in played it in weeks, and when turning it on last week, discovered that the WiiU updated the firmware and none of the games installed were working.

So I followed instructions online on how to fix it (I can't remember what I did, maybe re-copied some tiramasu files to the SD card?) and the WiiU games worked, but GC didn't.

I was initially using a microSD card for the initial hack and installation/injection on all GC games, but read that sometimes those fail, so I copied the files from that card to a new standard SD card, put that in the WiiU, and all hacked WiiU games worked, and the GC games would now open and play, but they were now only in 4:3 with "no memory card found" being displayed. I still have a "saves" folder on the SD card, and GC saves are in it, but nothing works.

I've tried messing around with it but nothing works, but I thought of a potential issue...

1)Is it because the standard SD card which I'm now using in the WiiU was not the MicroSD card that was used when creating the GC injections (and in my computer) using TechMoons injection tool?

and 2) if that is the case, do I need to delete all those installed GC games from the WiiU and USB memory then rerun them through the inject tool using the standard SD card which I am now using in the front of my WiiU?

If anyone has any information, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!!
your missing nintendont setttings... im guessing your either deleted or forgot to copy from old sd card ninconfig.bin from the root.you can creat them on certain injectors. you need ninconfig.bin on the root of your sd card and the settings you want enabled saved, preety sure the injector has a ninconfig creator.

Reactions: Taint and jeannotte

Taint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
your missing nintendont setttings... im guessing your either deleted or forgot to copy from old sd card ninconfig.bin from the root.you can creat them on certain injectors. you need ninconfig.bin on the root of your sd card and the settings you want enabled saved, preety sure the injector has a ninconfig creator.
I'm 99.9% certain I saw it there last night (can't check it again for a few days because I'm away) but not sure if it's the ninconfig created on my original microSD card, or one what was created on the new SD card I'm using when I injected a couple more games after.

Do I need to do anything with the WiiV side of Nintendont? I've opened that and selected settings I want, but it doesn't seem to save or have any impact on my GC injects (I select SD card on the initial Nintendont menu screen and it says there are no games in the /games folder, which is true)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm 99.9% certain I saw it there last night (can't check it again for a few days because I'm away) but not sure if it's the ninconfig created on my original microSD card, or one what was created on the new SD card I'm using when I injected a couple more games after.

Do I need to do anything with the WiiV side of Nintendont? I've opened that and selected settings I want, but it doesn't seem to save or have any impact on my GC injects (I select SD card on the initial Nintendont menu screen and it says there are no games in the /games folder, which is true)
nintendont only saves settings if you start a game before exiting nintendont so if you chage settings and then go back to wiiu menu or wii they wont be saved, so to save them you need to have atleast one game on sd card any game and start it after changing settings, nintendont settings are global and affect every game after be it from vwii or wii inject from wiiu menu.

Taint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nintendont only saves settings if you start a game before exiting nintendont so if you chage settings and then go back to wiiu menu or wii they wont be saved, so to save them you need to have atleast one game on sd card any game and start it after changing settings, nintendont settings are global and affect every game after be it from vwii or wii inject from wiiu menu.
Ok thanks for the help man, I will try it next week and see if it works!

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Why everytime i put exit combo, returns me to the Homebrew Channel instead to USB Loader GX? Before updating, Nintendont return me to USB Loader GX.
Anyone know solution to this? On my WiiU pressing R+Z+B+Down returns me to USB Loader GX after launching a game from USB Loader GX. But on Wii, it returns me to Homebrew Channel instead of the loader.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know solution to this? On my WiiU pressing R+Z+B+Down returns me to USB Loader GX after launching a game from USB Loader GX. But on Wii, it returns me to Homebrew Channel instead of the loader.
there's a setting to return to usb loader gx UNEO iirc. by default, I think it's set to the hbc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0