Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ty vm!
do i need to have another drive for gamecube games by using the nintendont app? instead of usbdownloader injecting the game to sd?
i dont mind at all i have a lot of usbs.

OHH WOW. i just realized that nintendont is for Vwiiu? i dont have that on my wiiu.
all wiius have vwii lol its part of the console.

the game is freezing becuase maybe you gave usbhelper a bad iso or just have imcompatible settings, since you dont use nintendont directly im guessing you dont even know which settings you have or what nintendont version you have on the sd card so im not sure how to help here.

also i know usbhelper shrinks the isos and not every game is compatible with shrinking so that could be a reason too.

delukard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
all wiius have vwii lol its part of the console.

the game is freezing becuase maybe you gave usbhelper a bad iso or just have imcompatible settings, since you dont use nintendont directly im guessing you dont even know which settings you have or what nintendont version you have on the sd card so im not sure how to help here.

also i know usbhelper shrinks the isos and not every game is compatible with shrinking so that could be a reason too.
"Works on Wii and Wii U (in vWii mode)"

this is what confused me.
do i have to enable anything to run a backup with nintendont?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

nope if you use wiivc injects which you are there is nothing to enable, obviously if you wanted to use nintendont on vwii mode only to use like fat32 usb and such you would need to hack vwii, but for wiivc injects you dont need to do anything more.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

use this config file . it has options that dont affect any game, if your game still doesnt start it means you got a bad iso, just place it on the sd root.

Attachments

• nincfg.zip
    231 bytes · Views: 69

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guys is there a way to make the Classic Controller Pro as player 1 and the USB controller (PS4) as player 2?
no there needs to be a priority on nintendont and as is

hid>bt so usb will always come before bt controllers with the exception being multi in usb devices like wiiugc adapter where you can choose the usb slot.

UsuiR197

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm new to modding scene, excuse me if I can't entirely fullfil this form, there's a lot of things I don't understand :(

Game : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (EU)
Describe Issue : Impossible to see the bottom of the screen on the Wii U GamePad or on the TV
Region : EU
Wii/Wii U : Wii U
Nintendont revision : 6.498
Last known working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector 3.0.1
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Wii U NAND
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu 251 blocks
Native on/off : ?
Controller used if Native off : Wii U GamePad
Composite/Component/HDMI: HDMI
Anything else you want to explain: Either I force Widescreen or 4:3, I can't see the bottom the screen.

Attachments

• gr2_force_4-3.png
    gr2_force_4-3.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 75
  • gr2_widescreen.png
    gr2_widescreen.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 71

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm new to modding scene, excuse me if I can't entirely fullfil this form, there's a lot of things I don't understand :(

Game : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 (EU)
Describe Issue : Impossible to see the bottom of the screen on the Wii U GamePad or on the TV
Region : EU
Wii/Wii U : Wii U
Nintendont revision : 6.498
Last known working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector 3.0.1
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Wii U NAND
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size :
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : McEmu 251 blocks
Native on/off : ?
Controller used if Native off : Wii U GamePad
Composite/Component/HDMI: HDMI
Anything else you want to explain: Either I force Widescreen or 4:3, I can't see the bottom the screen.
take a picture of your nintendont settings, second you have the option center position on the settings, maybe try moving it up or down whatever works?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi!

This is my settings
this is not settings but ok

to get the game to run like it should turn everything off except memory card emulation and try to see if you can see the botton of the screen while in 4:3 becuase it might be an issue with progressive or widescreen messing with the image, turn everything off excpet mcemu.

Reactions: ca032769

Maxikose

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Has anyone get this Switch Hori Battlepad Zelda working in nintendont or is it just broken ?
I get it working with Wiiu normal games easily with hid to vpad.
I have googled and tried almost every configs in this forum.
I think it tried to work one time because wiiu gamepad stop workin when i try one config and it do that only when i have usb controller plugged in to machine. Ps4 controller works fine but i wanted to play gamecube games with gamecube like controller.
I have nintendont installed with wii u usb helper tool.

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, not posted in a long time. Having a few difficulties with crashes on a RVL101 Wii, using WiiFlow as a loader. These problems go away when I use a RVL001 Wii. 2TB WD elements drive. Are RVL101 Wii's a bit more trouble in general?

Edit, changing the partition size from 2TB to 1TB seems to have resolved the issue

Last edited by flinto,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, not posted in a long time but recently I noticed a really weird bug, which isn't that easy to explain, it's very reproducible though.

I have two Wii's one is a RVL001, the other is a RVL101. Both 4.3E

I have two USB HDDs. One is Samsung 1TB USB 2.0, the other is WD elements 2TB, USB 3.0

If I load almost any game from the 2TB drive, using Wiiflow on the RVL101 Wii, it will crash with read error every time after 5-10mins of gameplay. Most games are effected.

If I change any one of those, the error doesn't occur. So it doesn't happen if I use the RVL001 Wii, but keep everything else the same. It doesn't happen if I use the Samsung 1TB HDD, and keep everything else the same, it doesn't happen if I use Nintendont itself instead of Wiiflow as a loader, but keep everything else the same, but the combination of RVL101 Wii, WD elements 2TB drive and Wiiflow as loader causes consistent crashes.

Any ideas anyone?

A) Are you using a Y-cable to power the drives? If not maybe the WD is not getting enough power and dropping out.

B) You might want to confirm both drives are formatted FAT32 with 32k clusters. Also see if one is showing as ACTIVE and or PRIMARY. I set all my drives to ACTIVE & Primary even though it might not be needed, but it doesn't hurt anything.

C) Posting a SysChk of both Wii systems might also be helpful to see that the differences are between what is installed.

D) consider using ModMii to see if it recommends any needed updates to either Wii and install what it recommends.

Reactions: flinto

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
A) Are you using a Y-cable to power the drives? If not maybe the WD is not getting enough power and dropping out.

B) You might want to confirm both drives are formatted FAT32 with 32k clusters. Also see if one is showing as ACTIVE and or PRIMARY. I set all my drives to ACTIVE & Primary even though it might not be needed, but it doesn't hurt anything.

C) Posting a SysChk of both Wii systems might also be helpful to see that the differences are between what is installed.

D) consider using ModMii to see if it recommends any needed updates to either Wii and install what it recommends.

E
Thanks for the ideas buddy.

A, I've already tried the Y cable, had the same idea but it didn't help.
B, Both formatted identically, Fat32, 32kb clusters. I'll just double check on the Active and Primary
C, I'll give this a try good idea
D, I'll give this a try too, thanks

Edit: Changing the partition size to from 2TB to 1TB, seems to have resolved the issue.

Last edited by flinto,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
E
Thanks for the ideas buddy.

A, I've already tried the Y cable, had the same idea but it didn't help.
B, Both formatted identically, Fat32, 32kb clusters. I'll just double check on the Active and Primary
C, I'll give this a try good idea
D, I'll give this a try too, thanks

Edit: Changing the partition size to from 2TB to 1TB, seems to have resolved the issue.

That's interesting. I don't use multiple partitions so I have no real experience to draw from how that helped.

However, I do believe for most loaders, except one of them, that using multiple partitions on the drive is possible, but the FAT32 partition needs to be in the first position for it to work correctly. In one of the loaders I think it auto identified or allowed you to point to which position the FAT32 was located.

Just a thought, but maybe when you resized the partition it changed the FAT32 partition position?

flinto

Trophies
XP
Country
That's interesting. I don't use multiple partitions so I have no real experience to draw from how that helped.

However, I do believe for most loaders, except one of them, that using multiple partitions on the drive is possible, but the FAT32 partition needs to be in the first position for it to work correctly. In one of the loaders I think it auto identified or allowed you to point to which position the FAT32 was located.

Just a thought, but maybe when you resized the partition it changed the FAT32 partition position?
It gets stranger. It seems that resizing the partition to 1TB fixed the issue, but when I put a second partition in the unused space, the issue then returns. It seems that the Wiiflow has compatibility issues on RVL101 Wii's with some 2TB HDD's when in GameCube mode. I think I will retest with devolution because I don't think this is a Nintendont issue

Edit: just realized I can't do that because RVL101's don't access GameCube discs

Last edited by flinto,

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It gets stranger. It seems that resizing the partition to 1TB fixed the issue, but when I put a second partition in the unused space, the issue then returns. It seems that the Wiiflow has compatibility issues on RVL101 Wii's with some 2TB HDD's when in GameCube mode. I think I will retest with devolution because I don't think this is a Nintendont issue

Edit: just realized I can't do that because RVL101's don't access GameCube discs

The only other thing that comes to mind would be the drive going into sleep mode, but I'm pretty sure all the loaders and Nintendont long ago added code to help prevent this from happening by routinely pinging the drive (or something like that) . It might be worth checking with the WD utility software and disable sleep mode if it is enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @hazbeans, welcome