Nintendont

By sabykos, Jun 10, 2013 7,295,508 40,813 162

1. HHŁŁ

HHŁŁ Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Can nintendont play region-locked games or do I need another app to run them?

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    nintendont is region free, it plays all games as long as your tv can support the resolutions they are played at.

3. captaineos

captaineos Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Can I just comment on how appreciate I am to have 'Nintendont'. My Launch day Wii now freezes / hard locks when a gamecube disc is inserted. I have no idea why. So I setup a USB hard drive with backups and yeah everything works better than ever. What would we do without Nintendont?!

4. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    I have a suggestion to make for Nintendont:

The spread of the Gamcube microphone is rather limited. As I understand it, the voice commands simply emulate a button press e.g. in Odama or some Mario Party games. They could be emulated through button inputs (e.g. L+R+Dpad) or possibly a Wiimote attached to a CC, I assume. Seems complicated though.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution, Aug 2, 2020
  5. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    My console freezes at "Network Initialized" when trying to update the app (within Wii U). Anyone else?

6. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    That has happened to me before, I recommend that you update Nintendont manually.

jeannotte and TheMainEvent like this.
  7. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I'll do that. Thanks for the quick answer.

GABO1423 likes this.
  8. HHŁŁ

HHŁŁ Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Does Medal of Honor Rising Sun have compatibility issues? 9 times out of 10 I get a black screen when I start any mission. It's hit or miss. Sometimes it works, but it rather does not.

I also played MoH Frontline. Sometimes it's so smooth it makes the controls too sensitive. Can I cap the framerate to like 30 fps?

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    you may have settings forced that the game doest like, take a picture of your nintendont settings

Also no you cant cap fps on nintendont, nintendont is not an emulator so gamecube games that have wierd framerates will continue to do so since that is how they played on the gc.

10. lolorlofl

lolorlofl GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    double-check that you're using a European backup

11. Lemonov

Lemonov Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    I have "Kernel failed to load NAND" error, but I'm on Wii U's vWii. What is the most likely solution? The OP only tells you how to fix it on an actual Wii.

12. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    depends

are you using a vwii channel injection from wiiu mode?
    or are you actualy inside regular vwii and using the vwii homebrew channel to load nintendont?

13. Cloud9Skywalker

Cloud9Skywalker Pokémon Researcher

United States
    Does Nintendont recognize the analog aspect of the triggers on OEM GameCube controllers?

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    obviously yes...

15. Cloud9Skywalker

United States
    Thank-you, I wasn't sure if the trigger sensitivity applied.

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    why wouldnt it? lol nintendont recognizes gc controller with sensitive triggers and even the wii original classic controller(not classic controller pro) sensitive triggers too, if the hid controller through usb are coded correctly nintendont also recognizes it like ps3,ps4,etc.

for controllers who dont have sensitive triggers which are needed for some games like wiiugamepad, wiiupro,classic controller pro and so on you can hold L and ZL for mid zl or L+ZR for mid ZR

17. Lemonov

Lemonov Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    I'm using homebrew channel inside vWii to access it.
    I changed my SD card now, and it started working. Probably was using a faulty one.

18. Cloud9Skywalker

United States
    I didn't know that, nice.

I am really only asking because in vWii mode the system doesn't recognize my mayflash what so ever to use with Goldeneye 007. So then I thought about getting an adapter that connects to the Wii Remote so I can use a gcn controller. But the adapter only recognizes the gcn controller as hid. So then that led me here. I'd like to use my gcn on vWii.

19. Donkusei

Donkusei Member
    Newcomer

France
    I have one question, please help me.

My games are all PAL games because I'm french. I want to use the progressive patch but it seems that I have to set the signal to "force" and "ntsc". It looks different when I use the "force progressive" setting without a "force ntsc signal"...

My question is simple: can we get a proper 480p signal on PAL games with the "auto" setting signal? What is the best for PAL games to get the best compatibility and quality?

Thank you.

edit: btw, I am on Wii U and I use an HDMI cable.

Last edited by Donkusei, Aug 6, 2020
  20. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    maybe it was too slow or too fragmented and took to much time to read, glad it works for you now.

vwii will never recognize mayflash or even official wiiu gc adapters as gc controllers for wii games or wii homebrew since they are just hid controllers, nintendont recognizes it because it has support for hid controllers.

both versions work is that some games require both to work.

depends on the games some games are unaffected by force progressive, others crash and others it works with auto if the game is pal60.

basicaly there is 2 ways to get progressive but all progressive is 480p.

1- force ntsc +force progressive this works with probably better compatibility even so its never going to be 100%

2- force pal60 +force progressive

PS some games require the patch pal 50 option to be set on additionaly because of hardcoded 50hz and such.

then again its not 100% on any way with this settings, just keep trying and see what works best for each game.

Cloud9Skywalker and Donkusei like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendont,