Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I have Tales of Symphonia injected. Never really played it but just tried it and it doesn't drift, this is using the Wii U gamepad of course. But it's been awhile since I injected it no idea if I had a USA or PAL iso. So doesn't seem like some problem with Nintendont but your controller or bad dump as mentioned above.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 15, 2019
  2. AleronIves

AleronIves Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    California
    AFAIK Link is canonically left-handed, but since most people are right-handed, Nintendo mirrored the entire game so the motion controls would be easier to use on the Wii version. The GC version is therefore the correct/original one, while the Wii version is somewhat bastardised for the sake of waggle.

3. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    wii u version is the best since you can use gamecube controllers with it

the_randomizer likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah I never liked the mirrored idea on the Wii version.

5. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, Primal Fury, Bloody Roar 3 was only on PS2. I only tried the U.S. version, I thought about the European version but assumed it wouldn't be any better since I think the Nintendont compatibility guide said it was a little worse than the US rom. I never even thought about trying the Japanese version, though I guess it wouldn't hurt to test that and the Pal version out.

6. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Oops yeah I meant Primal Fury. I always assumed Primal Fury was 3 but now I'm reading that it isn't so it was a slip from thinking they're the same game. I think I even never played Primal Fury because I thought it was 3 back so many years ago lol. But Primal Fury and Extreme on Xbox are the same right? Or maybe I'm wrong again lol.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 16, 2019
    robco7 likes this.
  7. Cryo16

Cryo16 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    Abit of an update to the Tales of Symphonia situation:

So even when i unplug the controller, the camera still rotates! I tried my own dump, dumps i found online, same problem for every dump i use

8. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Did you try different region i.e. if you were trying ntsc try pal iso? I don't really know it works for me on my Wii U using Nintendont. I don't think there's any compatibility differences regardless on vWii or Wii.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Jun 16, 2019
  9. Cryo16

Cryo16 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    ok so i tried to see if one of the dumps would work with the dolphin emulator, and no camera issue. That either means the wii gamecube port is broken or it's the gamecube controller itself, but every other game works perfectly normal without any other camera issue, except for tales

Last edited by Cryo16, Jun 16, 2019
  10. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Just for the heck of it did you make sure to use an MD5 verified dump by checking Redump.org? Also take a photo of your Nintendont settings so we can make sure nothing weird is set.

11. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, I think Bloody Roar Extreme is just an updated version of Primal Fury, doesn't sound like they added much. I thought it was only available on the original Xbox (and it's not playable on Xbox 360, because none of the good games from the original Xbox are, but all the licensed garbage is, for whatever reason), but it looks like it was released on Gamecube in Japan, so I'll have to try that one out in Nintendont and see if it works any better.

12. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    is there a combo on how to return to the nintendont game list from a game with HID controllers? there is one for native controllers such as wii cc/ccpro but is there one for HID?

13. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Hi. My nintendont do not synchronize with my alternative wii remote. Any fix ?

14. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    Could try re-calibrating controller during gameplay; see below... if it works, it is likely a controller issue and you may have to re-calibrate it every time you bring up the game.
    • Press the X, Y, and Start/Pause buttons simultaneously for three seconds during game play, making sure to not touch the control stick. This ensures the control stick is in the Neutral (center) position.

15. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    WTF is an "alternative wiimote"

16. SonicMC

SonicMC GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2007
    United States
    ????

17. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Ah figured he used the wrong word when he should of said 3rd party

hug0-a7x likes this.
  18. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    exactly this (3rd party).

19. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Last edited by Missingphy, Jun 21, 2019
  20. Cryo16

Cryo16 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    nope, didn't work. Holding L and R locks the camera, so that is a temporary solution