Hacking Nintendont

TheDukeOfNukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you want to use wiiu gamepad you dont need wiimote at all,make an inject of wii vc on wiiu mode launch it and choose only use the gamepad and it will start without a wiimote.
I know.

I'm saying there's no way to do it without a Wiimote *or* a Gamepad. You need at least one. If my Gamepad dies, I can't turn on the Wii U console and use a Pro Controller to launch into Nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know.

I'm saying there's no way to do it without a Wiimote *or* a Gamepad. You need at least one. If my Gamepad dies, I can't turn on the Wii U console and use a Pro Controller to launch into Nintendont.
buy a fake wiimote on ebay it costs like 8$ with free shipping.

Nintendo coded VC like that, theres nothing that can be done about it.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi guys.
I have a wee bit of an input, but maybe I'm just wrong.
The game:
Knights of The Temple- Infernal Crusade (sadly underrated title, in my opinion)

Sometimes using the bow, the arrows do not appear and the character shoots blanks. Of course, to no effect. Fortunately, this is not a breaking change except in the part where we MUST USE THE BOW to proceed.
I have nintendont updated to the latest build.

Could someone test this out for me, so I know I'm not at fault? The MD5 of my iso is as the one in md5_gcn.txt.
Like I wrote, it is not a breaking change unless the error appears when there is the need to pull the bell rope.

This, for an average player should take no more than 20 minutes to test.

marioluigi751

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a bit of help, games in nintendont work on my SD card without issues. However, when I run them on my HDD, they play for a little bit, then the last 5 seconds of the music loops, then I get a screen that says "An error has occurred, please turn the Nintendo GameCube OFF and refer to the Instruction Manual for information" I've searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find a solution.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need a bit of help, games in nintendont work on my SD card without issues. However, when I run them on my HDD, they play for a little bit, then the last 5 seconds of the music loops, then I get a screen that says "An error has occurred, please turn the Nintendo GameCube OFF and refer to the Instruction Manual for information" I've searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find a solution.
usb is too slow to play the iso, get a fast hdd or something, also if you are on wiiu you need an y cable or an hdd with its own power supply.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your HDD is going to sleep. The code in the newer Nintendont versions is supposed to stop that but maybe it's not working with your HDD or the HDD isn't getting enough power.

Please provide us with more info like: Wii/Wii U, HDD maker/enclosure type, bus powered or wall plug or Y-Cable etc.

gng4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I need help with below issue:

Game : Star Fox Adventures
Issue : missing voice dialog (streaming audio) during cut scene
Region : NTSC-U, NTSC-J
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : 3.387, 4.434, 5.485
Last known working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. :
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : FAT32, 32K
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1 / compressed
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Real Mem card
Native on/off : Native
Controller used if Native off : Native
Composite/Component/HDMI:
Anything else you want to explain:
all voice / dialogs (streaming audio) working ok until the cutscene when Fox first time entering Krazoa Palace... NO voice / dialog (audio streaming)!! ONLY subtitles "So, this is Krazoa Palace ... Tricky! ... I cannot warp dinosaur ... I can still hear you, Fox" AND background weather sound effect... after then streaming audio back to normal when Fox first met Krystal...

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

all voice / dialogs (streaming audio) working ok until the cutscene when Fox first time entering Krazoa Palace... NO voice / dialog (audio streaming)!! ONLY subtitles "So, this is Krazoa Palace ... Tricky! ... I cannot warp dinosaur ... I can still hear you, Fox" AND background weather sound effect... after then streaming audio back to normal when Fox first met Krystal...
If the ISO is shrunk it might have been shrunk incorrectly. Never use GCM Utility as it can't handle audio streaming titles properly. Use DMToolBox and make sure Auto-Aligned is checked. Also verify the MD5 hash of the original unshrunk ISO matches ReDump.org

Last edited by ccfman2004,

gng4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
If the ISO is shrunk it might have been shrunk incorrectly. Never use GCM Utility as it can't handle audio streaming titles properly. Use DMToolBox and make sure Auto-Aligned is checked. Also verify the MD5 hash of the original unshrunk ISO matches ReDump.org

thx for your quick reply, but as said, both 1:1 (md5 verified) and compressed been tried, even 2 region discs, US and JAP... same result.

Last edited by gng4,

TheDukeOfNukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
buy a fake wiimote on ebay it costs like 8$ with free shipping.

Nintendo coded VC like that, theres nothing that can be done about it.
I've got 2 Wiimotes. I just hate that I have to have them around. I have disliked the little things since back when the Wii was relevant.

marioluigi751

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your HDD is going to sleep. The code in the newer Nintendont versions is supposed to stop that but maybe it's not working with your HDD or the HDD isn't getting enough power.

Please provide us with more info like: Wii/Wii U, HDD maker/enclosure type, bus powered or wall plug or Y-Cable etc.
I am using a Y-cable on Wii with a Seagate 1 TB USB HDD, I have a Wii with GC ports and I am using memory card emulation, but if I boot a normal GC disc with the Wii, it works fine. I've tried to use Seagate drive settings to disable sleep, but it doesn't seem to work with FAT32.

EDIT: Also forgot to say that both Y-cable connectors are plugged into the back of the wii.

Last edited by marioluigi751,
Reactions: vbarros22

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I am using a Y-cable on Wii with a Seagate 1 TB USB HDD, I have a Wii with GC ports and I am using memory card emulation, but if I boot a normal GC disc with the Wii, it works fine. I've tried to use Seagate drive settings to disable sleep, but it doesn't seem to work with FAT32.

EDIT: Also forgot to say that both Y-cable connectors are plugged into the back of the wii.
I think I have the same problem. Im with the same Seagate and sometimes the game start sometimes not

gng4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

attached here the game save for US ver., please try and see if the same issue happens...

Note: game save starts at Thorntail Hollow, you will go to Warpstone and choose Krazoa Palace, then it will trigger the said cut scene (as stated)...

Attachments

• 01-GSAE-Star Fox Adventures_00.7z
    4.7 KB · Views: 114

elconejotres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Sorry if this was asked before but 1986 pages are just wow to read them all, is there an option to avoid the button layout change on Wiiu gamepad when pressing minus? I do that by mistake a lot and sometimes it ruin my game thanks in advance

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
it would be great if the generated save memory file cointeined the actual name of the game alongside its code so one could identify them easily and way faster than doing a whole research to find out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s