Hacking Nintendont

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your focing progressive too, try to make video on auto and force progressive to off and try again.
It's Working!!!! Switching force progression to off worked. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this - I appreciate everyone's help as I learn all this. I am one happy person right now!!

Reactions: TyroKith

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Does anyone know how to use nintendont on the vwii with two hard drives attached? One hard drive has the wii and gamecube games and the other has wii u games. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, Does anyone know how to use nintendont on the vwii with two hard drives attached? One hard drive has the wii and gamecube games and the other has wii u games. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
just update to lastet version 476 and it will work without issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's Working!!!! Switching force progression to off worked. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot this - I appreciate everyone's help as I learn all this. I am one happy person right now!!
every foced setting can break games so your better off not forcing to try them and try try forcing, some work some dont.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just update to lastet version 476 and it will work without issues.
Thanks Ill give it a try

every foced setting can break games so your better off not forcing to try them and try try forcing, some work some dont.

Thank you very much! I can't believe that it was as simple as an update. Very much appreciated!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
force progressive only works in 60hz video modes and pal games always boot in 50hz, often times you just have to press "A" in the background even when nothing is on screen because most games ask you if you want to switch to pal60 which will then be visible again.

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
force progressive only works in 60hz video modes and pal games always boot in 50hz, often times you just have to press "A" in the background even when nothing is on screen because most games ask you if you want to switch to pal60 which will then be visible again.
When you make a change in the settings, do you have to save it? Or is supposed to automatically save it? The reason I ask is I'm finding that when I change them, they revert back the next time I turn on the Wii.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gcm is iso its just named diferently, they are exactly the same file.
He's probably referring to shrunken ISO's, where the garbage/filler data has been removed. I am under the impression they work just fine.

You can run GCN natively in Wii but Nintendont is the "only" way (apart from Devolution) to run GCN iso for WiiU; so it is more important for WiiU users.
Since it was first created here and many websites/tutorials already have links pointed to here, it is not good to move it to Wii section now, a place holder was created in the Wii section to redirect ppl here instead.
I can't believe I was so dumb. Aside from Wii Mini that I mentioned, that I have no idea if it is hackable via hardmod, but any Wii that came with Motion+ controllers also had their gamecube parts removed. I was under the impression MIOS was also removed, but I could be wrong. I know that you can't insert a GC game into the "newer" Wii's and play it.

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: FIxed the typo!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's probably referring to shrunken ISO's, where the garbage/filler data has been removed. I am under the impression they work just fine.

I can't believe I was so dumb. Aside from Wii Mini that I mentioned, that I have no idea if it is hackable via hardmod, but any Wii U that came with Motion+ controllers also had their gamecube parts removed. I was under the impression MIOS was also removed, but I could be wrong. I know that you can't insert a GC game into the "newer" Wii's and play it.
The Wii's with GameCube ports use a special optical drive that can accept mini DVDs. I assume you meant Wii and not Wii U.

Reactions: OrGoN3
D

Deleted User

That's just downright rude and uncalled for. For all you know, English is their second language and it's a lost in translation kind of deal.
umm. Just because they have a second language. Doesn't exactly mean that they don't know its not installed. I'm pretty sure they have separate terms for loading and installing/install. But mocha doesn't install into the system, it loads into system memory. Now granted yes it was a bit rude. However using the improper terms and lacking understanding that it doesn't install (given case that it wasn't lost in translation) then people should seriously start looking into what they are loading with homebrew. Because there could be that so unfortunate day where homebrew has malware, or they are talking to a dev and say it's installed when really it's just in memory.

Last edited by ,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm. Just because they have a second language. Doesn't exactly mean that they don't know its not installed. I'm pretty sure they have separate terms for loading and installing/install. But mocha doesn't install into the system, it loads into system memory. Now granted yes it was a bit rude. However using the improper terms and lacking understanding that it doesn't install (given case that it wasn't lost in translation) then people should seriously start looking into what they are loading with homebrew. Because there could be that so unfortunate day where homebrew has malware, or they are talking to a dev and say it's installed when really it's just in memory.
Oh ok. I wasn't aware you were fluent in every language. Russian doesn't have the verb "to be", did you know that? Seems odd that they wouldn't have it in their language, but that's how it was done. Perhaps the user is confusing installed and copied. Or perhaps the user is just using the wrong terms because they are wrong. My point is you don't know and you're assuming a lot in your response. Yes, it was quite rude and uncalled for. There are many, more polite ways to have said what you said. Perhaps including the little explaination that you just gave me in your previous post would've also helped to show your motives.

As for people not knowing how their homebrew works, I would say that is accurate for at least 50% of all homebrew users, if not significantly more. With how easy these developers make it to use their homebrew, any idiot watching YouTube can follow along and get Nintendont running with full gamepad support. Those of us who help others out here must keep that in mind.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People still call shrunken ISOs as compressed even though they are not. You cannot compress GameCube ISOs. You can only shrink them. Also some people use generic terms and online translators aren't the best so something could easily be mistranslated. Ever read a badly written instruction manual that is full of grammatical and spelling errors and makes no sense? That's what happens when someone isn't well versed in English.

D

Deleted User

People still call shrunken ISOs as compressed even though they are not. You cannot compress GameCube ISOs. You can only shrink them. Also some people use generic terms and online translators aren't the best so something could easily be mistranslated. Ever read a badly written instruction manual that is full of grammatical and spelling errors and makes no sense? That's what happens when someone isn't well versed in English.
Oh ok. I wasn't aware you were fluent in every language. Russian doesn't have the verb "to be", did you know that? Seems odd that they wouldn't have it in their language, but that's how it was done. Perhaps the user is confusing installed and copied. Or perhaps the user is just using the wrong terms because they are wrong. My point is you don't know and you're assuming a lot in your response. Yes, it was quite rude and uncalled for. There are many, more polite ways to have said what you said. Perhaps including the little explaination that you just gave me in your previous post would've also helped to show your motives.

As for people not knowing how their homebrew works, I would say that is accurate for at least 50% of all homebrew users, if not significantly more. With how easy these developers make it to use their homebrew, any idiot watching YouTube can follow along and get Nintendont running with full gamepad support. Those of us who help others out here must keep that in mind.

Well clearly he got the grammer correct, because you know. There and their. And I call bull on your claim OrGoN3, for saying people do know how homebrew works. Yes you probably understand how to operate said thing, but do you actually know why said thing works? I can easily say that at 45% people don't know how what they are using works. At that's being generous. If it were to be truly the case, explain all the people who can't get their cfw working on a 3ds, when clearly it's explained you need a .firm on your system or sd card. Or the amount of people asking impossible things out of devs. (really bad cases there) Like asking the playstation emulator to work full speed on a wii, that was a legit question somebody had asked. on the less extreme side also asking why a certain game like yoshi island is non functional on a wii vc. The only reason it seems like a small amount of people don't know what they are doing here is a result of the small sample size. Wiiu sold 10 million units roughly. Now lets compare the 3ds. Keep in mind the 3ds doesn't just have a hardcore fanbase it also has the other ones. While wiiu is mostly hardcore. The 3ds sold 66 million. The amount of people asking stupid things is nearly daily. But claiming that 50% understand how and why homebrew works is just unreasonable.

Let's ask another question, how many people are willing to dive into potentially confusing things or at least want to understand the thing they are using works. Many people don't bother. It's get the thing you want working and not question it.

Now again, granted, I did knock him for not knowing it's into memory and not installed which is not as covered. But it doesn't take a genius to eventually figure it out. Because if something is loaded into memory, then when your console is shutdown, you'll notice what you loaded into memory or "installed" is gone. And before you say English is his secondary, I assumed it was his primary due to how unbroken it was.

But, let me ask you the question. How do you know that his secondary language is English? Also i don't stalk this thread, so I missed his other posts. So maybe there was some proof.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays