XP
Country
Germany
Hi

I habe a wiiu with fw 5.5.1eu

My SD card has anything for Start GameCube isos,
but my Problem is
Nincfg.bin missing

Whats wrong? I have nintedont starts from vwii homebrew and the message was error IOS 58......

Where in the hell become this file now?

Sorry for.my english and my errors

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I habe a wiiu with fw 5.5.1eu

My SD card has anything for Start GameCube isos,
but my Problem is
Nincfg.bin missing

Whats wrong? I have nintedont starts from vwii homebrew and the message was error IOS 58......

Where in the hell become this file now?

Sorry for.my english and my errors
nincfg.bin is created when you save settings for the first time and launch a game. It is not there by default.

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you think its latest might not be also did the games started before? if so you might have switch some se
Please state the acutal version number that is listed in the Nintendont app itself. Saying latest doesn't mean it is. Also USB Flash drive are known to have issues.
I will check the version when I get home. What should the latest version be? And where can I find it, if not on this website? Also, if USB flash drives have issues, what would be the preferred storage method?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I will check the version when I get home. What should the latest version be? And where can I find it, if not on this website? Also, if USB flash drives have issues, what would be the preferred storage method?
hdd with its own power supply or y cable or sd card.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 , is there a way to force 240p for CRTs? If not, would it be possible to add a "240p (Experimental)" value within the Force Progressive option which does so?

Why? GameCube games do not run at 320x240. Forcing progressive 480p will look better than forcing 240p for GameCube games. For N64, SNES, and older games 240p will look better since that is their native resolution but not GameCube.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TyroKith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. There was not enough room on the SD card which is why I went with the USB. I guess I will get a bigger one and see what happens.

I would wait to get a second opinion before you buy an HDD. I have a very similar setup and it works, albeit I only play Melee/20XX on it. For what it's worth I have version 4.451 still. I'm about to update and see if it still works.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I would wait to get a second opinion before you buy an HDD. I have a very similar setup and it works, albeit I only play Melee/20XX on it. For what it's worth I have version 4.451 still. I'm about to update and see if it still works.
flashdrives are always very unreliable i got 3 kingston ones all 8gb and diferent models 1 works 2 dont and its all the same brand so yeah.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: OrGoN3

TyroKith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had an issue and I've tested several USBs, all very different from one another. But like I said, I mainly play one game. But it sounds like BosHolland has his files in order so maybe it's something deeper than using a faulty USB?

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had an issue and I've tested several USBs, all very different from one another. But like I said, I mainly play one game. But it sounds like BosHolland has his files in order so maybe it's something deeper than using a faulty USB?
Ok, the version I have is 476. I did have a spare HDD with power that I formatted to FAT32 with the same results.

TyroKith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the version I have is 476. I did have a spare HDD with power that I formatted to FAT32 with the same results.
Was it only when you updated Nintendont that you started experiencing these issues? That would possibly narrow it down to the loader.dol. Did it get renamed boot.dol when it updated? And games still named just "game"?

Edit: Also can confirm my setup fired up without an issue using the latest build of Nintendont.

Last edited by TyroKith,

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it only when you updated Nintendont that you started experiencing these issues? That would possibly narrow it down to the loader.dol. Did it get renamed boot.dol when it updated? And games still named just "game"?

Edit: Also can confirm my setup fired up without an issue using the latest build of Nintendont.
It did not work before updating, which is kind of why I updated it - hoping it would fix it (I actually just got this Wii). The loader.dol did get renamed to boot.dol and the games are labeled just "game". When a game is selected, it goes thru the preloading information and everything looks good, then the screen goes black and acts like the signal has been lost. At that point, I can no longer turn off the wii with the wiimote, I have to go the console and turn it off there. It's weird because one game will run - no problem. But all others do not.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It did not work before updating, which is kind of why I updated it - hoping it would fix it (I actually just got this Wii). The loader.dol did get renamed to boot.dol and the games are labeled just "game". When a game is selected, it goes thru the preloading information and everything looks good, then the screen goes black and acts like the signal has been lost. At that point, I can no longer turn off the wii with the wiimote, I have to go the console and turn it off there. It's weird because one game will run - no problem. But all others do not.
take a picture of your nintendont settings, and make sure your isos are md5 checked and not broken compresse ones.

akramff

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
I have an idea or suggestion , to the developer of this great app , is it possible to add return to nintendont menu after playing one game? It is very handy when someone to play only gamecube games better than keep launching hbl everytime.
Again thank you very much for the great app

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_20171026_070417.jpg
    IMG_20171026_070417.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20171026_070501.jpg
    IMG_20171026_070501.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 181

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
are you using pal isos? because your are forcing ntsc and some pal games dont like being forced but yeah that doesnt show to be a good iso or not since you didnt calculated the md5...

BosHolland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Previously I could not do the MD5 calculation without getting an error part way thru. Now it does the full calculation successfully, but the game still doesn't run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PotatoStatic @ PotatoStatic: Jesus. Someone really wants to give me speedy loans.