the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go on and test you HDD already.
I promise it won't corrupt.

It's not corruption I'm worried about, that's the least of it, it's the fact that people with MyPassport series HDDs don't seem to work, which is what I have. Someone earlier posted that he had the same series and that it didn't work.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's not corruption I'm worried about, that's the least of it, it's the fact that people with MyPassport series HDDs don't seem to work, which is what I have. Someone earlier posted that he had the same series and that it didn't work.

You never know until testing by yourself ;)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's no harm in trying, actually it's mainly the opposite. The worst that happens is that your drive doesn't work, the best is that we will be more knowledgeable as to which drives DO work when/if it does. Right now, though, we have a Schrodinger's hard drive situation

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no harm in trying, actually it's mainly the opposite. The worst that happens is that your drive doesn't work, the best is that we will be more knowledgeable as to which drives DO work when/if it does. Right now, though, we have a Schrodinger's hard drive situation

But I can't afford a new USB HDD, as I barely started a new job, so it'll be some time before I ever get a new drive. That's what worries me, the fact that a HDD, from a very reputable manufacturer, might not work. Just saying. I just with others with the same brand of HDD would let us know if they work.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I can't afford a new USB HDD, as I barely started a new job, so it'll be some time before I ever get a new drive. That's what worries me, the fact that a HDD, from a very reputable manufacturer, might not work. Just saying. I just with others with the same brand of HDD would let us know if they work.

Well... You OWN the hard drive, right? Or is this just a really convoluted way of saying that you don't HAVE it, but really want it and don't know whether to buy it?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... You OWN the hard drive, right? Or is this just a really convoluted way of saying that you don't HAVE it, but really want it and don't know whether to buy it?

No, I do have a hard drive, but if it doesn't work, I sure as hell don't have the means to get a new one for a long time. I'm hoping other MyPassport owners can report theirs, if there are any besides me.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
No, I do have a hard drive, but if it doesn't work, I sure as hell don't have the means to get a new one for a long time. I'm hoping other MyPassport owners can report theirs, if there are any besides me.

How about reporting your's first ? ;)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have it, there's no reason NOT to try it. If it's an issue of paranoia, it's ok, I get that, but you need to get past that for now. Whether or not a hard drive works isn't going to be the end of the world, especially since from what I can tell, you bought said hard drive specifically for this purpose. It's time to find out if the cat lives or dies, my friend. We're all excited to hear the results, and I'm not being sarcastic, I will actually be very happy for you if it works :)

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have it, there's no reason NOT to try it. If it's an issue of paranoia, it's ok, I get that, but you need to get past that for now. Whether or not a hard drive works isn't going to be the end of the world, especially since from what I can tell, you bought said hard drive specifically for this purpose. It's time to find out if the cat lives or dies, my friend. We're all excited to hear the results, and I'm not being sarcastic, I will actually be very happy for you if it works :)

Actually I've had this HDD since the Dios Mios days back in 2011, so this drive isn't exactly new but still humming along just fine. I know you're not, I'm just to fucking paranoid, I don't know why, I'll test and let you know. I'm just gonna use it on the Wii since I don't have to use any controller config files, right?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I've had this HDD since the Dios Mios days back in 2011, so this drive isn't exactly new but still humming along just fine. I know you're not, I'm just too fucking paranoid, I don't know why, I'll test and let you know. I'm just gonna use it on the Wii since I don't have to use any controller config files, right?

Nope! (Assuming you're going to use either a GameCube controller with the built-in ports or a bluetooth controller.) And if you have a Classic Controller or Wii U Pro controller, you don't for the Wii U, either ;)

Also, the fact that the drive was manufactured pre-2014 is encouraging, because most of the reports are from recently manufactured drives

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I've had this HDD since the Dios Mios days back in 2011, so this drive isn't exactly new but still humming along just fine. I know you're not, I'm just to fucking paranoid, I don't know why, I'll test and let you know. I'm just gonna use it on the Wii since I don't have to use any controller config files, right?
Try your fucking hard drive. Try your fucking hard drive. And also, don't forget, as this is very important... Try your fucking hard drive.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try your fucking hard drive. Try your fucking hard drive. And also, don't forget, as this is very important... Try your fucking hard drive.

Shhhhhhh be nice. I know he's tentative to, but I can get why he's scared. It's irrational, but I think he's finally figuring that out

However, if he complains about it again after this, feel free to give him what's-for lol

Reactions: VinsCool

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shhhhhhh be nice. I know he's tentative to, but I can get why he's scared. It's a irrational, but I think he's finally figuring that out

However, if he complains about it again after this, feel free to give him what's-for lol
But what if his hard drive doesn't work? Then he won't be able to use it. Then he'll have a hard drive he can't use. Oh what's the point? :o

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what if his hard drive doesn't work? Then he won't be able to use it. Then he'll have a hard drive he can't use. Oh what's the point? :o

:glare: I said be nice. Besides, he SHOULD be testing his drive right now (or if not now, in the near future). Let's wait and see what his results are before saying anything

Besides, nothing good comes from tearing people down. When you build them up, though, they will exceed all expectations :P

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favor and make a quick change in PADReadGC.c so that A and B are swapped and compile? I'm on a mac and I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I just can't, all I need is A and B swapped, I'm playing Mega Man Anniversary Collection on a Wii with a RetroUSB NES adapter. I would like to play it with the original NES controller but the damn buttons are swapped for the game.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favor and make a quick change in PADReadGC.c so that A and B are swapped and compile? I'm on a mac and I've been trying to figure this out for a while and I just can't, all I need is A and B swapped, I'm playing Mega Man Anniversary Collection on a Wii with a RetroUSB NES adapter. I would like to play it with the original NES controller but the damn buttons are swapped for the game.
isnt retro usb nes a hid controller?if it is all you need is to change the controller.ini but if it connects on the gc port then that is another story.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt retro usb nes a hid controller?if it is all you need is to change the controller.ini but if it connects on the gc port then that is another story.

I think hes talking about this but for the NES controller instead of SNES
wiisuperretroport1_large.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.