DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I beat Resident Evil 4 on Nintendont using cheats from wiird from the beginning til the end with no problems (unlimited money and weapon).

Cheats to increase Ada and Cherry's breasts make the game freeze. :shy:

Thanks for the info (who's so perverted to make cheats to increase breasts!)
I never used cheats in nintendont, so got to make it work first :)

TotakaK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
devolution isnt nintendont or original gcmode.
It's a microphone I've owned and used since the GameCube was current. It works.

Allow me to reiterate. I've tried native contoller on and off, as well as emumc on and off. Neither the settings nor the microphone are the problem. I've had many responses to my initial post, and every one of them suggests something I've already made clear I've tried.

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Shiranui-san

Unfortunately, there is a problem where nintendont doesn't switch to pal when running the gui on a pal wii with a pal tv and an rgb scart cable. I use the original (nintendo) rgb to scart cable but any rgb cable will cause the same problem.

It is normal though for an ntsc game to display this red tint on a pal tv that doesn't speak ntsc. As morgoth32 wrote, you need to manually force such games to pal, most will work afterwards.

However, there is no workaround for the gui problem and it really messes things up. There is a lot of activity going on in nindendont and many things get improved. Hopefully, the developers will find the time to deal with our problem in the future.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, glad to see it is not only me! Thought the cable was damaged or something. Yeah, forcing to PAL 60 will display NTSC games with colours, but still red screen in Nintendont's menu.
In case anyone's wondering, there's a reason why this happens. There's four primary video lines on the Wii's AV port: (http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:wii_multi_av_pinout)
  • Pin 3: Composite Video
  • Pin 7: Y/R/Luma
  • Pin 9: Pb/G/Chroma
  • Pin 11: Pr/B

Pin 3 always shows composite video, unless you're using progressive scan, in which case it's disabled. (This line might also be disabled if a component cable is plugged in, not sure.)
If a component video cable is connected, pins 7, 9, and 11 always show Y, Pb, and Pr, respectively.
If a different cable is connected, then the actual signal on pins 7, 9, and 11 depends on the video mode. PAL modes set these pins to RGB; NTSC modes set these pins to S-Video. Hence, when an NTSC mode is set, you'll end up with a Luma (monochrome) signal on the R line of the SCART cable, resulting in a red image. (The Chroma signal isn't strong enough to be interpreted as a Green signal.)

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started playing Pikmin again and noticed that it freezes in the latest revision. I went back a lot of revisions and I believe 2.219 is the one that broke Pikmin. I am on the last level, and it freezes after taking out or moving around some Pikmin, although I've seen it freeze in the first level, and in the more recent revisions it sometimes freezes in the menu.
The ISO is unshrunk and verified with GameTDB, and I have single memcard emu 251 with force widescreen enabled. The game freezes when loading from an SD card or USB drive.
I also noticed Doshin the Giant had some issues that appeared at around the same revision, but it seems to be fine after trying a different ISO verified with GameTDB.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I started playing Pikmin again and noticed that it freezes in the latest revision. I went back a lot of revisions and I believe 2.219 is the one that broke Pikmin. I am on the last level, and it freezes after taking out or moving around some Pikmin, although I've seen it freeze in the first level, and in the more recent revisions it sometimes freezes in the menu.
The ISO is unshrunk and verified with GameTDB, and I have single memcard emu 251 with force widescreen enabled. The game freezes when loading from an SD card or USB drive.
I also noticed Doshin the Giant had some issues that appeared at around the same revision, but it seems to be fine after trying a different ISO verified with GameTDB.

take the forced widescreen and it will work, forced widescreen its a hack that makes manny games randomly freeze after awhile, why ppl keep forcing widescreen complain and then not try without it forced is beyond me.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What Master Code?
AFAIK WiiRD codes don't need Master codes at all.
I never used master codes in my cheat codes for Nintendont and I got them working.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
take the forced widescreen and it will work, forced widescreen its a hack that makes manny games randomly freeze after awhile, why ppl keep forcing widescreen complain and then not try without it forced is beyond me.

I did. It still froze on one of the revisions I tried. But perhaps the wide screen modification from 2.219 should only be applied to Pokemon, and as it worked before 2.219, I'd consider that a regression. Plus the wiki said that widescreen worked and the last revision tested was 2.260.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did. It still froze on one of the revisions I tried. But perhaps the wide screen modification from 2.219 should only be applied to Pokemon, and as it worked before 2.219, I'd consider that a regression. Plus the wiki said that widescreen worked and the last revision tested was 2.260.

you do know most ppl go ingame for 1 min with widescreen and turn that to green dont you?
widescreen sufered major changes and its totaly diferent most games widescrere are marked since the1.80 and usch and were never updated you should try 283 without forced widescreen.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a microphone I've owned and used since the GameCube was current. It works.

Allow me to reiterate. I've tried native contoller on and off, as well as emumc on and off. Neither the settings nor the microphone are the problem. I've had many responses to my initial post, and every one of them suggests something I've already made clear I've tried.

Just to be sure, i am still missing the rest of what pedro702 said...

Did you.... while MCEMU was turned OFF ... connect the microphone to mem slot B AFTER the game has started?

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know most ppl go ingame for 1 min with widescreen and turn that to green dont you?
widescreen sufered major changes and its totaly diferent most games widescrere are marked since the1.80 and usch and were never updated you should try 283 without forced widescreen.

Well it works, but it's rather disappointing. I guess someone should update the wiki then. Has anyone tried the pal version recently with widescreen? And I'd still consider it a regression.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it works, but it's rather disappointing. I guess someone should update the wiki then. Has anyone tried the pal version recently with widescreen? And I'd still consider it a regression.

you can update it, its open to anyone, but most ppl just dont fell like updating.

JGamez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
^What the...
Is that a code?!
Why do they all have the same starting column for most rows?
I say double check the code, let us know the source to verify.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol