Nintendont working controllers

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by aoidxc, Jan 23, 2015.

1. aoidxc
    OP

aoidxc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Colombia
    I have a 2007 Wii console. It has gamecube controller ports, but i don´t have any controllers. The only ones i can find in my country are these generic TTX TECH controllers.
    [​IMG]
    Do i need nintendont to launch backups?
    Will these controller work on my wii with nintendont?

Thanx a lot!

2. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    Neighbor from Colombia welcome :D.
    You mean you dont have even 1 wiimote?If it is hacked and installed priiloader you can navigate using a gamecube controller into the homebrew channel.
    That controller should work fine with Nintendont since your Wii has gamecube ports.

3. aoidxc
    OP

aoidxc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Colombia
    Hi neighbor :yaywii:!!!!
    Yeah, i have my wiimotes, so launching the homebrew channel is not a problem.
    I'm asking if anyone has tried that brand of gamecube controllers since I don't want to lose my money, and it seems all gamecube controllers are not compatible with nintendont

4. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    Im sorry if I can confirm if it should work and look at this list on controllers:
    • Official Gamecube controller
    • Wavebird Gamecube controller. You need to launch Nintendont from HBC with this controller already ON.
    • Donkey Kong Bongo
    • Dance Mat/Dance Pad. (even unofficial. This one from Gamestop is reported working).
    The thing is I have never tried one out,but you have many other options,even PS3 controllers.
    Here is all the info on it:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I may be wrong here, but I believe that when it comes to gamecube controllers, pretty much anything will do. It's really the bluetooth controllers that are finicky, since different controllers have different ways of accessing the console

JVC2 likes this.
  6. aoidxc
    OP

aoidxc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Colombia
    Maybe i have to buy one and take the risks, since i don't have any more options.
    Buying an original one from ebay or amazon is too expensive to me

7. JVC2

JVC2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2014
    Ecuador
    Yeah aduana is a ***** :sad:

8. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    That controller should work, but how well it works is the real question. But it wouldn't be any worse than using it on a Gamecube, so the whole Wii/Nintendon't thing is a red herring. Cheap 3rd party controller might have issues, even though it technically works.

9. aoidxc
    OP

aoidxc Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    Colombia
    should the original gamecube controller for smash bros WiiU Edition work?

10. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I have tried third party gamecube controllers with Nintendont and they do work but I haven't tested that specific brand