Nintendont WiiU gamepad patch for emulators?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by portugeek, Sep 17, 2018.

1. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Everywhere I've been reading is saying that Nintendont doesn't recognize the WiiU gamepad. Last night I booted it up for the first time and it apparently does now?? Is this a recent update, or is this a patch that's being applied by the Nintendont forwarder I installed?

It still seems to be booting up Nintendont in vWii mode which has me wondering if there's any way I can apply this patch to the Wii versions of retro emulators?

Or better yet, does anyone know if the Wii retro emulators ever received any WiiU updates?

And yes, I know Retroarch exists. I appreciate that those who recommend Retroarch are simply trying to be helpful, but Retroarch is a garbage fire on every platform it's ported to. I spend more time configuring a frontend (that freezes and crashes at any/every possible moment) than I do actually playing the games. The wide spread popularity of such a fickle/buggy piece of software is beyond me.

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nintendont was updated with wiiugamepad compatibilitily like 8 months or more ago if you use it like a wiichannel inject, the only downside is no usb Storage support when nintendont is runned via wiichannel injection on wiiu mode.

the only emulators i know got updates for wiiu gamepad are wii64 1.2 compiled by fix94 and wiisx compiled by fix94.

portugeek likes this.
  3. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    Wait, really? Can you actually use the GamePad controls? This might be worth investing in a large SD card for.

4. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

Aug 2, 2014
    United States
    [fate6@Canterlot ~]$
    Yea you can play GC games from the gamepad only using the gamepad itself these days.

5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    for a very long time lol you must be out of the loop lol, you an even isntall game specific launchers on wiiu menu like lets say resident evil 4 wich is stored on your wiiu formated drive(noone fat32) and you can play it with the gamepad on nintendont.

6. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    I am indeed out of the loop with Wii U stuff, but I’m now inspired to get back into it.

7. WesMods

WesMods GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Lol where have you been, there's more than just Nintendont with Gamepad support. You have some forums to read ;)

8. portugeek
    OP

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    I wonder how complicated that is to do. Because I'd like to see if I could get that support for the 3 GX emu's and GensPlus.

Do you know of any tutorials for wiichannel injection?

9. WesMods

WesMods GBAtemp Regular

May 4, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Last edited by WesMods, Sep 18, 2018
    portugeek likes this.