Homebrew Nintendo

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um...he's not talking about the number of the version. He's saying that the next system version, whatever it's numbered, Ironhax can still work in it.

Last edited by TamDanny,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they can't. The backlash would be unbelievable. It'd be the whole XB1 drm outrage all over again.
This already happens on the Wii U, sort-of. If a game update has been fully downloaded, the Wii U blocks you from starting the title if you delete it.

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yellows8 said that, BTW it's still unlikely to happen. However it is no way related to the controversial Xbox One DRM policies
Yes it is. Say one of my apps had an update but I didn't know. Then I try to open it on the bus or something. I'd be pissed off if it said I needed to update first.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it is. Say one of my apps had an update but I didn't know. Then I try to open it on the bus or something. I'd be pissed off if it said I needed to update first.
What really annoyed me is that I couldn't play SSB4 1.0 against SSB4 1.1. (I met someone on the bus who had Smash)
A 1.0 client not being able to connect to a 1.1 host makes sense, but why can't a 1.1 client connect to a 1.0 host and just not use the new DLC stuff that was added in the update?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What really annoyed me is that I couldn't play SSB4 1.0 against SSB4 1.1. (I met someone on the bus who had Smash)
A 1.0 client not being able to connect to a 1.1 host makes sense, but why can't a 1.1 client connect to a 1.0 host and just not use the new DLC stuff that was added in the update?
Because of balance changes made to the game. Anything that affects how a match can come out.

Garcia98

Hey! Listen!
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country

Yes, that's the same as not being able to sell your own games or needing to have a Kinect connected everyday to the Internet watching you...

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Because of balance changes made to the game. Anything that affects how a match can come out.
The ability to play with versions up to one update behind would be nice...or notifications for updates since I never notice that there is one for a game until I try to run it.

Edit: and I have 60+ games on my EmuNAND, so it's pretty hard to notice there's an update unless I check every game every day. (though Nintendo does send out emails for every Smash update since they add new DLC, so I guess I have no excuse there)

Last edited by RikuKawai,
Reactions: I pwned U!

teampleb

BAH! DED! X_X
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's the same as not being able to sell your own games or needing to have a Kinect connected everyday to the Internet watching you...
The XB1 drm required your console to be connected to the internet to play the games. This requires internet to update before you can play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@