Hacking Nintendo Zone in your own home!

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now we need too make A Pokemon wi -fi i don't like going too game stop and target and other shops too ge the new content as well >_<

loco365

Trophies
XP
Dang. I don't have a Mac. Just Windows.

You don't need a Mac, neither Windows. All you need is a router and configure it with SSID attwifi . That's all. I've tested it on a linksys router and a thomson DSL/router and it works excellent
And I don't even have to make it an open network? Bonus!Edit: So I tried playing around with stuff and opened a hidden guest network called attwifi. What's interesting is that when I went to test it in the System Settings, it said the service isn't avaliable here.Coincidence?As well, it does seem that I need an open network. I'd better go and change some settings then.

loco365

Trophies
XP
@Pippin666 You'll need a certain IP address. Open Command Prompt and type in "ipconfig/all" and it should be near the top. Then, enter it in your web browser. You'll need a username and password, usually the username is "admin" and the pass is the name of the company that made it.

The best way to set this up (how I did it) is to create a guest network called "attwifi" and save. Thwn, when you want to use it, just enable the guest network, and when you don't, disable it.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It is not dependent on the OS, just the ability to configure your wifi access point to be open, and named attwifi. Myself, I have a linksys router, with DD-WRT installed, so I don't even have to rename the existing node, just create a new virtual one, with the name.

Could you do this with Tomato also?

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Got it working using my laptop as the access point ^_^

wi3is.png

Now if only streetpass data was so easy to do this with :glare:

EDIT: Not much to do in the app at the moment, just a "coming soon" page basically :-(

Spider123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working on my computer and it's fairly cool. There isn't much right now except news and a Mario trivia game, but I can't wait to have demos and Pokemon in my own home.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I got it working on my computer and it's fairly cool. There isn't much right now except news and a Mario trivia game, but I can't wait to have demos and Pokemon in my own home.

There are many people on leather board so nintendo already know that we can acess, so I hope we do not get it blocked on next firmware update...

If they put a network named "!@#$mfÊweo0f´p3é~ç" for example, how we will find out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2