Nintendo working on an Android tablet!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know about tablets but Sony is already releasing games targeting those who don't have PlayStation systems. I think their latest mobile game was a Knack puzzle game. (released only on iOS and not Android...)
Uhm... What about PlayStation Mobile, guys? That's a thing that Sony does. :P
I can just imagine Link teaching me English.

Does he even talk?
Of course he does.

NEVR FRGET! ;O;

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm... What about PlayStation Mobile, guys? That's a thing that Sony does. :P

Of course he does.

Don't forget the "Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!" version of Link; this is why he shouldn't talk :P But yeah, wonder what this will do in the long run... Like, what made them want to do this?

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this is a sign Nintendo's getting desperate. It would be kind of a shame to see them pull back from being one of the top Japanese game companies. I wonder what their long terms plans are for this.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think this is a sign Nintendo's getting desperate. It would be kind of a shame to see them pull back from being one of the top Japanese game companies. I wonder what their long terms plans are for this.

Oh don't you worry.

Sony and Microsoft will soon follow Nintendo's footsteps.

Because they all follow the money trail. And the money trail leads to Android. Unfortunately for us.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh don't you worry.

Sony and Microsoft will soon follow Nintendo's footsteps.

Because they all follow the money trail. And the money trail leads to Android. Unfortunately for us.

Um... they already make tablets.

Sony:

5Tk5ORnl.jpg

Microsoft:

SUVDCyB.jpg

The problem is that Nintendo is a game company only. They don't have the resources and experience to compete with Sony and Microsoft when it comes to tablets. If Sony and Microsoft decide to compete with Nintendo in tablets, Nintendo's finished.

Reactions: filfat

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Um... they already make tablets.

Sony:

5Tk5ORnl.jpg

Microsoft:

SUVDCyB.jpg

The problem is that Nintendo is a game company only. They don't have the resources and experience to compete with Sony and Microsoft when it comes to tablets. If Sony and Microsoft decide to compete with Nintendo in tablets, Nintendo's finished.

Yes but I don't think I got my point across.

I meant they will be taking the gaming to the tablet form pretty soon. Gaming "Tablets". Such as Nvidia's Shield:

How-Nvidia-Shield-stole-the-show.jpg

Regardless of what experience any of them have on the android device market.

Because unfortunately, that's what is being demanded. Nintendo better get their shit together if that happens.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes but I don't think I got my point across.

I meant they will be taking the gaming to the tablet form pretty soon. Gaming "Tablets". Such as Nvidia's Shield:

Regardless of what experience any of them have on the android device market.

Because unfortunately, that's what is being demanded. Nintendo better get their shit together if that happens.

Oh, well then everyone except Nvidia is finished.

Nvidia is currently developing the Tegra 5, and early benchmarks show that the SoC is about 3 times more powerful than any mobile chip on the market right now. Since this is achieved to the fact that the SoC is a scaled down desktop Kelper, I doubt any other chip coming out next year will rival it's power. It's due for release in the Shield 2 next year.

If Nvidia realises what's going on and keep the chip exclusive to their platform, they'd have a gaming Android many times more powerful than any of the competition. If the original Shield was any indication, the Shield 2 will be priced reasonably too.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have tried educational stuff before. From what I remember it never did very well. The only educational ones that come to mind are games like mario time travel or something like that for the snes.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to disappoint you guys and to be me the one who pops your bubble, but this might ve just a troll .. I read in a site that Nintendo reps said that currently no one with the name of "Nando Monterazo" working at Nintendo.. But this doesnt negates anything :ph34r: :ph34r: .. I have the link But i think im not allowed to post it here.

Edit: ok I can post it, here is the source : http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/19/n...king-an-android-tablet-for-educational-games/

Reactions: Taleweaver

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it is true it would be so cool to have if you were a kid. If it is designed for use in schools I'm thinking a school could buy enough of them for a class, or maybe 1 per two people, and each class gets them for like an hour a week or something. The kids might see mario teaching them to count then get their parents to buy them a wiiU or something. success!...If schools actually want to buy them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1