OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
AMSTERDAM - The court in The Hague has found eleven webshops guilty of stimulating illegal downloading of games from nintendo.

Nintendo sued the webshops because they were selling flashcards for the ds and modchips for the wii, which can be used to mod the console. The case has finally reached it's conclusion after 2 years.

Copies
With the flashcards and modchips, it was possible to copy unautorised copies of nintendo games and play them. The shops also sold moddedversions of the WII console, which can also be used for illegal game playing.

The court judged that: "the traded goods were exclusively used to circumvent the provisions that Nintendo had taken for her copyright combat."

The trade in flashcards and modchips is, according to the judge, illegal with law article 29a, because a number of security measures are bypassed. With that included, the judge has forbidden the trade of flashcards and modchips. He has also forbidden the trade of modded consoles and providing the service of modding a console.

Compensation
The webshops are ordered to destroy all their supplys within 14 days, and they are ordered to pay nintendo compensation for "all the financial damage that has been caused by selling the flashcards and modchips." The amount of compensation is still to be decided.

The defense of the webshops, that Nintendo is guilty of unfair competition, was rejected by the court. According to the judge, nintendo has proven that she allows third partys enough chances to develop applications and games for her consoles.
Source (Dutch)

Sorry if the translation is bad, i've done parts with google translate 'cause i've got a bit of a headache right now.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IchigoSJ said:
Its to late for them anyway the 3ds is almost out.

It's never too late to combat piracy, there still going to be a lot of DS games and Wii games (since modchips are forbidden now too) sold and released.
Good win for Nintendo, luckily I already have all the equipment I need
yaynds.gif
yaywii.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Like I always say, it's funny to see that you can still buy a knife or a gun, even if you can kill people with it. But since it doesn't involve money, nobody cares...

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scott-105 said:
What sites were shut down?
Just some Dutch webshops. This is really nothing to worry about for people outside of the Netherlands. For people in the Netherlands, this can be difficult. I can imagine that even imported flashcarts will be destroyed now.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ritsuki said:
Like I always say, it's funny to see that you can still buy a knife or a gun, even if you can kill people with it. But since it doesn't involve money, nobody cares...
I was going to make the same point.

I say we ban blank DVDs.
mad.gif

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
QUOTE said:
AMSTERDAM - The court in The Hague has found eleven webshops guilty of stimulating illegal downloading of games from nintendo.

The defense of the webshops, that Nintendo is guilty of unfair competition, was rejected by the court. According to the judge, nintendo has proven that she allows third partys enough chances to develop applications and games for her consoles.
Source (Dutch)

Sorry if the translation is bad, i've done parts with google translate 'cause i've got a bit of a headache right now.
Nintendo is a girl!?!

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maikel Steneker said:
Scott-105 said:
What sites were shut down?
Just some Dutch webshops. This is really nothing to worry about for people outside of the Netherlands. For people in the Netherlands, this can be difficult. I can imagine that even imported flashcarts will be destroyed now.
small chance. illegal lasers and such still get safe in holland (from dx and such) sometimes they get caught but that's just taking the risk
the first time you won't get any fine or something since everbody could have send it to your home so i guess it's still safe to order from china

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gameguy95 said:
scrtmstr said:
QUOTE said:

Source (Dutch)

Nintendo is a girl!?!

I like to imagine my Nintendo in tight leather pants, with a great ass, and a low-cut shirt singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd.
And I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk.

Nintendo is trying to stop illegal downloads of their software. Shouldn't they go for a bigger country?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shit they're kind of serious this time round .

i can just imagine if the same applied to china ... lol the whole country will be burned down
tongue.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Ritsuki said:
I was going to make the same point.

I say we ban blank DVDs.
mad.gif

Also the following should be banned under those rules -

VCR's
Combined VCR + DVD players
DVD recorders
ViVo
Sky+
All commercial PVR systems
DVD players which support DVDR's
CD recorders
CD players which support CDR's
DVDR drives
CDR drives
Tv Tuner cards (for PC's)
HiFi systems which allow recording CD/Radio/Vinal/Tape to Tape

As they all either break copy protection or bypass copy protection on order to work.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hmm, a win for Nintendo eh? That's nice I guess....but hackers/dealers never give up so Nintendo, I have 3 words for you:-
Best Of Luck
Lol, combating Piracy ain't easy but it ain't impossible either.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
gameguy95 said:
Nintendo is a girl!?!
Blame the translation. In Dutch, you would actually refer to Nintendo as a "she".
nico445 said:
Maikel Steneker said:
QUOTE(Scott-105 @ Jul 21 2010, 07:15 PM) What sites were shut down?
small chance. illegal lasers and such still get safe in holland (from dx and such) sometimes they get caught but that's just taking the risk
the first time you won't get any fine or something since everbody could have send it to your home so i guess it's still safe to order from china
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Before this, if they caught you importing a flashcart you could always get it back. Sometimes they would make you write a letter etc. but they'd never just destroy it. This could say if we all agree in the Netherlands that flashcarts are illegal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.