ßleck

Console Peasant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
photo-50638.jpg

Nintendo will soon halt production of the Wii gaming console for Japan, the only major market where its new machine outsells the 7-year-old device.
There are no plans to end output for foreign markets, Yasuhiro Minagawa, a spokesman for the Kyoto, Japan-based company, said by phone today. He didn’t provide specifics on when domestic production would stop.
Japanese consumers tend to switch to new hardware and now the Wii doesn’t sell well in Japan,” said Eiji Maeda, an analyst at SMBC Nikko Securities Inc. in Tokyo. “In America and Europe, there are people who buy old hardware if it’s cheap and it would be a waste to stop production for them and throw that market away.

Sounds like Japan won't get anymore Wiis... I guess if the Wii U outsells the Wii there, it's a smart move. I wonder if they will stop Wii production for the rest of the world soon, especially following China's lifting of the console ban. The Wii U would have to sell a lot more for that to happen though and I guess that could happen too since the Wii U is getting a reasonable amount of games.

:arrow:Source

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wait, will they stop production in Japan or for Japan? Two different things. The article says "for".

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didnt realize that they were still making them...

My first reaction was to grab another one if something happened to mine... but upon second thought, who needs to when Dolphin works better than the actual thing lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==