Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware.
Have you played a PS Vita in 3D?
You do realize that all the Vita needs to display stereoscopic 3D is a plugin supporting it and a pair of cyan/red glasses, right?
Just a personal question, would you play with the glasses on? ;)
Yep. I see no problem at all in wearing 3D glasses in a cinema, why would I mind on a couch?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Better than having to hold it at specific distances.

Also I don't think anyone gave a shit about 3D gaming until Nintendo said "WE HAVE a 3D CONSOLE", then people thought it was like Christ turning water into wine. Except the water was ideas that had been around for a while and the wine was just Nintendo using those ideas which of course makes them TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Reactions: 2 people

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware.
Have you played a PS Vita in 3D?
You do realize that all the Vita needs to display stereoscopic 3D is a plugin supporting it and a pair of cyan/red glasses, right?
Yep. I see no problem at all in wearing 3D glasses in a cinema, why would I mind on a couch?
'ha that's all good. Didn't the PSP have a custom 3D plug in? o-o

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Also I don't think anyone gave a shit about 3D gaming until Nintendo said "WE HAVE a 3D CONSOLE", then people thought it was like Christ turning water into wine. Except the water was ideas that had been around for a while and the wine was just Nintendo using those ideas which of course makes them TOTALLY DIFFERENT.
It really is a matter of marketing indeed.

3D screens are nothing new - I've seen them on mobile phones WAAAAY back and nobody seemed to herald it as the ushering of a new era. Nintendo does it and all of a sudden "gaming has changed".

'ha that's all good. Didn't the PSP have a custom 3D plug in? o-o

It had indeed, which is why I say that it's not CPU-intensive THAT MUCH. The difference between the PSP plugin and the 3DS is that the 3DS cuts the rendered scene into slits and directs them to each eye while the PSP plugin checks which models are in the foreground, which are further and approprietly colours them, making them appear 3D.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No body gave a shit about 3D gaming because prior to the 3DS it was done rather shittily on the PS3

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Nintendo always does this".

Just like the Gamecube and N64. Underpowered pieces of shit.
you can add the SNES to that list, it was the superior console back then
but it succeeded unlike the gmc and n64
The Gamecube suprisingly turned in a profit, so in all factuality, the N64 was a "bigger flop" despite having a "better library".

As far as the SNES is concerned, it was not all THAT superior - you're forgetting about the lesser-known consoles like the Jaguar or the Genesis + Add-Ons which was admittedly more powerful then the SNES.

No body gave a shit about 3D gaming because prior to the 3DS it was done rather shittily on the PS3

And the 3DS does it great by completely ruining the 3D effect if you move a nanometer to either side.

Which is quite peculiar as this is supposed to be a portable, played on the go. You sort of... "move" on the go.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It was an interesting concept that we didn't really need to want before it was presented to us. That said, I don't think anyone bought it just for the 3D except those who thought it was a DS revision with added 3D (commonly called the 3D DS). Personally I don't care about the 3D, but it's nice to have, I guess. Innovative, but not worth being the main draw of the system imo, though I can see why I they did it.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Nintendo always does this".

you can add the SNES to that list, it was the superior console back then
but it succeeded unlike the gmc and n64
The Gamecube suprisingly turned in a profit, so in all factuality, the N64 was a "bigger flop" despite having a "better library".

As far as the SNES is concerned, it was not all THAT superior - you're forgetting about the lesser-known consoles like the Jaguar or the Genesis + Add-Ons which was admittedly more powerful then the SNES.

dude the Jaguar was garbage sometimes it never even turn on o god the nightmares it still gives me

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

N64. Underpowered ????????????????????????? and shit

wtf did i just read
You did not detect the joke. At all.

dude the Jaguar was garbage sometimes it never even turn on o god the nightmares it still gives me

Oh really? Or are you saying this because Jaguars sometimes have issues NOW, YEARS after they were released?

Fact are that they had high specs for the time. Shitty library, but we're talking hardware here. To keep up, Nintendo had to put graphics chips ON their cartridges just to prolong the SNES's life cycle. They added *hardware* to *cartridges*.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Despite the fact that the PS3 has offered the most innovative use of the technology to ever hit gaming. 3D splitscreen is fucking awesome.

Oh and the 3D is fine and it was far from "shittily" done.

That was a joke too.

Reactions: 1 person

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, you cant even consider the 3DO, CDi, Jaguar as gaming consoles... they were a joke

Everyone knows the SNES was the Sega Genesis of its generation.
I'm still puzzled by your post Guild

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Despite the fact that the PS3 has offered the most innovative use of the technology to ever hit gaming. 3D splitscreen is fucking awesome.

I think it's more a matter of "not enough people had/wanted to shell out the money for a 3D TV and glasses" than it actually sucking.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It very well could have just been my eyes or the type of glasses I was using, but I was far from impressed in the 3D on the PS3 games I played.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Guild is right, PS3 had incredible 3D. I really hope they push 3D next gen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.