Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Frankly... Anyone who buys a console to ONLY play exclusives is an idiot. Handhelds or the PC are much better choices for that. Real gamers do not outright boycott all multiplatform games with no exceptions, regardless of genre or original platform. Or stop playing a game they already own forever once it becomes multiplatform.

Heck, here's a huge list of games you CAN'T play now if you're on said boycott.

Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros 3, Ocarina of Time, Doom, Oblivion, Morrowind, Halo, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Disgaea 1, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2...

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
probably some time next year, your PC will have the capabilities to be able to play PS3 and X360. Whereas with Wii, you won't be able unless some fool decides to build a wiimote/receiver and market it successfully (which i highly doubt). Also the fact that most of the good games are ports from PC games now anyway =\

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for you, but I still play Wii almost every day, and had one since January 07
I have to agree with you...I remember when I bought my 360 I was yearning for something "Nexgen" to play however I was let down time and time again. DOA....seemed the same shit, Oblivion wasn't my cup of tea, NFS "whatever" was meh... before I got my wii I think my favorite 360 game was Tomb Raider...which makes me wonder if my expectations were lowered due to the lack of games...or did I really finally enjoy a Tomb Raider game? Right around the time the zombie game came out I was too busy playing DS and then the Wii was finally here. The DS and Wii have dominated my playing time...and just when I think the Wii might be a fad .... a game like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles comes out and wins me over. Then the fact that I don't have a mod chip...means I have yet to play all Wii titles so taking a gamble on games is hard but when I do I occasionally find a gem like the Original Raving Rabbids which is fantastic. The Wii and the DS share the same patterns...a lot of crap to weed through with plenty of decent games and every year the systems seem to have 8 or so AMAZING games with another 4-5 games scheduled in the upcoming months. Of course the Wii just hit its 1 year birthday so Im speculating the same formula as the DS.

Is 8 must haves good enough for me? Sure! With the Wii and DS that gives me 16 must haves during the year plus some good games to get by. My 360 has a lot of games I'd like to play (considering I have neglected it) however most of these games like Bioshock and Lost Planet are now on the PC...so again the Wii having 8 original must haves a year is really quite enough of a push for me and as long as they have roughly 1 must have game a month for me to play and some good games as filler for the off months...well I think the system will evade its "fad" status. Sadly I just beat RE:UC with all S's .... good news is it is time to play the new Trauma Center....

Oh and lets express this....

GIRLS IN GENERAL HATE VIDEO GAMES

We have seen the T-Shirts, The PS2 is not a replacement for a girlfriend....girls are threatened by the all and mighty box that zombifies us....you .01% of girls on GBAtemp are not the norm...your ...special
happy.gif

So what the hell does this have to do with the Wii? It is GREAT for Co Op...seriously RE:UC did a great job by combining life....no more does your date have to get her ass kicked in 30 seconds and watch you play for another 2.8 hours on 1 life....Mario Kart Double Dash for the GC was another great example and I really hope they have some sort of option for the Wii...if not ...more games like the new Trauma Center are implementing gamers playing together making it easier for boys and men to get their cake and eat it too....

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't find the Wii a fad or gimmick system. Even if around 70% of its use is as the Gamecube thingy. It gets good use because my original GC was on its last legs anyway. Poor thing...

I only have a few consoles, and just a Wii and PS2 up at school, with my DS wherever I go. To be honest, the PS2 has yet to see any use this past semester, and the DS gets almost more use than the Wii does twice over. I still enjoy the Wii games I have, just have to finish them all yet. It's a bad habit of mine, I admit!

And, girls in general do hate games, though most of the girls I go to school with don't, oddly enough. Girl gamers are rare, but not to the extent that others are making them out to be, I guess.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my problem with everything new lately is that i am an anti grafik whore XD

i am so angry all the time when there is a new part of an old game with "the best high end grafik you will ever see in your life" and you start it and think "wtf ? this looks so damn crappy ..."

thats my problem with many DS games as well ... like Dragon Quest Monsters (many like the grafik) i totaly disliked it i would have prefered 2D like the old ones, or maybe a 2 1/2D like Pokemon. Or just comic like grafik ... allways best.

And the Wii luckily mostly has a grafik that i like ... at least better than some of those playstation or xbox games (even thaught i was very impressed by Gears of War on XBox360)

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've had a bit of fun on my Wii. Only problem is I got so disappointed when I actually played the games because my expectations were so high for accurate motion sensing...I thought it would be a whole new way of playing games.

Wii is a cool console and I'm sure I'll get over my disappointment eventually.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^It is when a company bothers to do it right. Things like Zack and Wiki, MOH Heroes 2, Metroid Prime 3, Carnival Games, and a few others do mimic as you do them and that is a damn good thing. The damn bad thing is a lot of the turds in the last year from the C->F quality dev studios just sucked it up nicely making it very hard to notice.

...and as far as the article the guy is totally talking out of his ass. His comments are entirely twofaced doubletalk imbuing well known myths and lies onto illiterate morons who may unlucky happen across that smear using google or something. People like that makes me wish for the day that eventually with the push of a button I can have something punch that sucker repeatedly in the cock. A good cockpunching into sterility would make this world just a bit smarter and less annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.