Misc Nintendo WiFi=failure

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel that many Wii owners have to go through so much trouble and frustration when going to play online.
For example the friend code system, Nintendo should have abandoned this system after the NDS.
There's times were security is needed online, especially with kids playing, but Nintendo needs to realize that there are 6-8 year olds playing Halo online. I'm not saying that is right but security can only go so far. Nintendo also needs to realize that friends can be created online(Look at GBAtemp for example).
I remember playing Metroid Hunters online and I was trying to give my friend code to some guy, I'm playing against, by shooting my gun on the wall and forming numbers, It was a guy I've played 20 straight games with but now I'll never see him again.

In my eyes Nintendo has failed to meet the needs of every Wii owner. Casual gaming has always been apart of the gaming industry but I believe that it has never been as big than the Wii's casual game library. Don't you think, that if Nintendo is willing to release Resident Evil 4 and Manhunt 2 on the Wii, then they should create an online mode that is a little less secure and a lot more flexible. I still have to see if Mario Kart Wii is any good online.

Yes I've heard about the Nintendo Pay to Play, and they will be "collecting fees for some services that will allow us to adapt flexibly." I hope this is true, because I'll gladly pay for these services.

Discuss

P.S. I am not a Nintendo fanboy in distress, It's just that I feel deprived of an amazing online experience with some of my favorite franchises.

P.P.S. This is my 1,000th post
grog.gif

MarcoZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I feel that, too. WFC for DS is often if not always limited to 4 players, and the code system is a pain in the ass and doesn't "secure" anything. But it's better than nothing.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is so much potential in their online system, but they don't want to develop something better. Crazy pedophile scare.

I still have this insane hope that they're secretly developing Nintendo Wifi with all of our complaints alleviated. Pipe dream!

P

pasc

I just wished the devs did use their own system on DS or Wii, screw friendcodes, do your own stuff devs !

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though there might be 6-8 year olds playing Halo online, pedos aren't gonna target them, they'll try to target Nintendo games. This extra precaution is necessary and justified.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thaigrocer said:
There is so much potential in their online system, but they don't want to develop something better. Crazy pedophile scare.

I still have this insane hope that they're secretly developing Nintendo Wifi with all of our complaints alleviated. Pipe dream!
aww yea, sweet sweet dreams....

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoNSTaR said:
Even though there might be 6-8 year olds playing Halo online, pedos aren't gonna target them, they'll try to target Nintendo games. This extra precaution is necessary and justified.
Please elaborate on how abolition of the friend code system will lead to pedos finding children.

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"hey i know your gamertag on wifi, now i am going to rape you! HOW do you feel now without a friend code?"

the will still just visit their child-char-services and find their young childs to rape, nintendo is just too stupid ..

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cause, you know, pedos exclusively own and use Nintendo products to get children...

:|

My rage at Nintendo's failure of an online service still burns.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i like the mario kart online service a lot. joining races on the fly, seeing the locations of your opponents, and the regional/worldwide time trials records/ghosts is great. the best online from nintendo yet. but with no chat option, i think we will see keyboard chat or voice chat very soon, still with friend codes.

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thaigrocer said:

There is so much potential in their online system = Their online system currently suck ass

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
I agree. Nintendo Wifi sucks.
I mean also. "We made different friend codes for every game to make the whole thing more private".
I mean thats the LAMEST excuse for LAZYNESS!
I mean they could EASYLI make the Wii consoles number the number for all games.
I mean its so lame that they didn't do that. Thier answar was: "Becourse we want our users to chose who they wanna play with" YEA But the people you add on your Wii is offcourse People you wanna play with..

Nintendo + Online = Fail!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has never liked online play and were reluctant to even add it to the Wii and DS. So they did add it, but made it overly complex by requiring friend codes for every game with online play and so on. They have even stated they don't like online play and added what they have now due to high demand for it.

At any rate, they se their console as a casual family gaming system, not a hardcore gaming system and thats how they promote it. They see the Wii as a system for the family and friends to get together and play it in person then across the internet.

Sooo, because of this mentality, the Wii and the DS is as it is today.

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It may be free but it sucks, the whole friendcode concept sucks big time, everyone hated it for DS and N is still putting it trough for the Wii.

Online should be like X360.....
ph34r.gif

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Mario Kart (Wii)'s online mode gave me new hope for the Wii's online gaming! I think the only reason friend codes sucked is because you have a separate one for each game. (Names would be better, but still) I thought that when the Wii launched it was supposed to use the console's code for every game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pasc said:
I just wished the devs did use their own system on DS or Wii, screw friendcodes, do your own stuff devs !
Doesn't Disney now have their developers to use DGamer instead? I think the recent Narnia game used it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: