Nintendo: We Should Have Explained Wii U Better

s4mid4re said:
I thought that the Wii U was just a controller for the Wii; didn't think it was a whole new console at first.

But does it work on the Wii?
I believe it doesn't. The new controller is optimized for the Wii U i think.

But things might change.
 
The whole Nintendo conference was like a badly done college public speech assignment. Nothing was clear, the progress of presentation was shakey, and overall, it was almost like Nintendo depended on its audience to make sense of what being said, rather than explaining it themselves.
 
Here's a good idea: Nintendo should announce a new kind of E3 explanation of all their new hardware, through Nintendo site. Something like Nintendo's latest hardware design
 
Anyone who was confused after Nintendo explained about their "new system with 1080p HD" is retarded and not somebody I care about.
 
Well, "Hi, I'm Nintendo! Let's show everyone this cool japanese garden, then empahasise the controller!"

Like saying: "Hey, we're Sharp! Look at our new 7020p TV! Now look at the remote! Touch sensing! Waow."
 
s4mid4re said:
I thought that the Wii U was just a controller for the Wii; didn't think it was a whole new console at first.

But does it work on the Wii?
Of course it does not. Not only does the Wii have no hardware for this streaming function, using this controller is akin to running a dual monitor setup on a PC. It requires more powerful hardware.
 
tigris said:
Well, "Hi, I'm Nintendo! Let's show everyone this cool japanese garden, then empahasise the controller!"

Like saying: "Hey, we're Sharp! Look at our new 7020p TV! Now look at the remote! Touch sensing! Waow."
Or like saying I can see 7020p on the controller and don't have to worry about people hogging the TV!!!
rolleyes.gif



Anyway, I knew what they was talking about,but I guess they could have been more clear.

QUOTE(s4mid4re @ Jun 10 2011, 11:28 AM) I thought that the Wii U was just a controller for the Wii; didn't think it was a whole new console at first.

But does it work on the Wii?
The question should be "Does wii games stream on the wii u?".
tongue.gif
 
I can kind of understand why they didn't emphasize the system itself (I mean, it's almost literally an updated Wii with better graphics/online) but the problem is that they NEVER MENTIONED the system. If they did just mention that it was a new system, I'm sure that not nearly as many people would be complaining.
 
Slyakin said:
I can kind of understand why they didn't emphasize the system itself (I mean, it's almost literally an updated Wii with better graphics/online) but the problem is that they NEVER MENTIONED the system. If they did just mention that it was a new system, I'm sure that not nearly as many people would be complaining.
This pisses me off. Every time Nintendo launches a new platform, i see a dozen people saying it's an "updated version" of the previous system.

Yeah. New CPU, new GPU, everything completely different under the hood is an "update".

Just like the PS3 is an "updated version" of the PS2.
 
@Topic: Damn straight. I've been contemplating it myself, I've got most of it figured out.

@ Midna: Same here.
 
KingVamp said:
*snip*
s4mid4re said:
I thought that the Wii U was just a controller for the Wii; didn't think it was a whole new console at first.

But does it work on the Wii?
The question should be "Does wii games stream on the wii u?".
tongue.gif
Okay, I should have asked it better: Is the Wii U backwards compatible, thus enabling Wii games to work with the new functions?
 
s4mid4re said:
KingVamp said:
*snip*
s4mid4re said:
I thought that the Wii U was just a controller for the Wii; didn't think it was a whole new console at first.

But does it work on the Wii?
The question should be "Does wii games stream on the wii u?".
tongue.gif
Okay, I should have asked it better: Is the Wii U backwards compatible, thus enabling Wii games to work with the new functions?

The Wii U is backwards-compatible with Wii games, but only the the extent that Wii games will use only those features the Wii itself would have, with the exception of perhaps playing Wii games using the Wii U controller as the screen with a separate Wiimote.

Edit:

Assumption: in the case of games that are Classic Controller (Pro) compatible, maybe no separate controller would be needed?
 
FireGrey said:
one of their main mistakes was naming it after the Wii, nintendo haven't you learned with the 3DS?
I beg to differ, keeping the Wii name means A LOT of sales for them, the Wii is a HUGE success in the sales market.
 
TDWP FTW said:
Yeah, most people I know thought it was just a controller for the Wii or something. There are pictures of the console itself online (Actual pictures, not fakes...It looks as if the Wii and 360 had a baby...XD), but they definitely should've explained it a lot more.

Hopefully they'll talk about specs (If they haven't been released already) and other hardware features sometime soon.
I thought it was a controller too lol
 
WTF
There was a console? LOL

I legitimately thought the Wii U was just the controller... which is why I wasn't too impressed. Thought it was just a fancy new controller compatible with the Wii.

EDIT: It appears I am just restating what many people have already said... sorry.
 
They really should have.. thats all I can say.
yes the controller is a new idea, but the emphasis shoudnt be too much on the controller.. not to that extent.
 
brandonspikes said:
FireGrey said:
one of their main mistakes was naming it after the Wii, nintendo haven't you learned with the 3DS?
I beg to differ, keeping the Wii name means A LOT of sales for them, the Wii is a HUGE success in the sales market.
Isn't "Nintendo" enough in that case?
Wii U just makes it seem like an add-on or revision.
Just Nintendo's "innovations" or "gimmicks" won't be enough for people, they need to know the details, of the damn system instead of the controller.
They didn't even tell enough about the controller either, screen resolution?
 
They really should have explained the Wii U better. I was getting all confused, accessory or new console? Maybe they should have described the console, games, new features etc Then went on to the controller, albeit, they didn't have that much time, and I can see why they wanted to emphasise the controller.
 

Site & Scene News