~
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
1.jpg

The British boy band team up with Nintendo to shoot adverts for the new duo of Pokémon games.
Earlier this week Nintendo UK announced that they are partnering with One Direction, from The X Factor series, to promote Pokémon Black and Pokémon White.

The boy band recently attended the launch for the duo of games in the UK last month and have filmed commercials for the games. The adverts will premiere on British TV this Monday, April 11.[/p]

One Direction's Liam, who has already completed the new games, said that:
QUOTE said:
We're all huge Pokémon fans now! Zayn and I played it loads when we were younger, but Harry had never really played before we introduced him too it. We all started playing the new version during rehearsal breaks whilst on tour and now we can’t put our consoles down. Niall even takes his to the toilet!

Check out the video below of One Direction on tour discussing their experiences with the Pokémon series.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTNSAo3hkDo[/youtube]

icon11.gif
Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo UK continues to partner with untalented soon to be forgotten nobodies.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know who they are but after looking at that ridiculous pair of shoes on the guy on the right in that picture, I already started hating them.

Plus it says "boy band" so that doesn't help.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I don't even know who they are but after looking at that ridiculous pair of shoes on the guy on the right in that picture, I already started hating them.

They've not even released anything, fact is they came 3rd on a talent contest and that is it.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Guild McCommunist said:

They've not even released anything, fact is they came 3rd on a talent contest and that is it.
Girls still giggle about them though, which I suppose gets the young female market interested in Pokémon
glare.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hadrian said:
Nintendo UK continues to partner with untalented soon to be forgotten nobodies.
LOL, I agree.
This chain of forgotten nobody continues. The chances of any of those "STARS" to be permanently in the industry is almost like 1/1000(or higher).

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A band from UK X-Factor show. As Hadrian said, they were THIRD. They didnt even win the competition.
But yeah, little girls/tennies still have their HEAVY moment about these losers
tongue.gif

Z

Zorua

Tanveer said:
A band from UK X-Factor show. As Hadrian said, they were THIRD. They didnt even win the competition.
tongue.gif

Ehh that's stupid. They could've used Linkin Park.....

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Zorua said:
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif

Ehh that's stupid. They could've used Linkin Park.....
LoL, the fact is little girlies love these losers. If LP promoted, that would all cool to me, but not the best idea for UK young audience.

Anyway, I saw the advert on TV with the pokemon thing and I was like WTF.. who wants to see them -.-. I guess some people do.. lol

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
If it was my first time playing Pokémon and I had to buy the games with THAT advertising, I doubt I would.

Seriously, Nintendo needs to stop having monkeys choose their advertising >.>

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, they are probably good marketing material for a younger audience. And probably meets their budget the best(since they are only like 3rd). It's for promotion now, its not like they are using them for 10 years. By then they would have like 30 other X Factor acts to choose from.

Most of the most talented acts probably aren't keen on working with a corporate anyways, and if they did their fans would all be like "oh my god is selling out!". Besides, those bands probably wouldn't fit in well with the commercials anyways.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Domination said:
Well, they are probably good marketing material for a younger audience. And probably meets their budget the best(since they are only like 3rd). It's for promotion now, its not like they are using them for 10 years. By then they would have like 30 other X Factor acts to choose from.

Most of the most talented acts probably aren't keen on working with a corporate anyways, and if they did their fans would all be like "oh my god is selling out!". Besides, those bands probably wouldn't fit in well with the commercials anyways.
The advert on TV annoyed the shit out of me, trying to make them look so busy and important o.o.

but trust me, they are probably really good choice for UK audience. Now their fans will be like "awwwww they play pogeymanz.. lets go buy it
biggrin.gif
"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1