Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nintendo UK hints at sub-£200 pricing for 3DS
Marketing boss James Honeywell says
3ds4.jpg

Nintendo UK marketing boss James Honeywell has hinted to Electricpig that 3DS will be sold for under £200 in the UK.

“Price, we haven’t made any kind of announcement at the moment, but for everyone who already knows, you know, the Nintendo DSi is available for around £129.99,” said Honeywell at a Nintendo event in London earlier this week.

He went on to add: “The Nintendo DSi XL, with the larger screens, is around £159.99. So obviously, it’s going to fit, kind of, somewhere within that kind of architecture.

”Nintendo hasn’t confirmed any prices yet for 3DS for any region, nor has it confirmed launch dates, but it announced earlier this morning it will announce those details
on September 29.

It did previously confirm that it will be in the major regions by the end of March 2011.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source (VG24/7)
icon11.gif
 Original Source (Electricpig)

To be honest I don't think Nintendo will be able to get away with charging over £200 for the 3DS and get decent sales off it, a sub-£200 price range means it is more affordable and henceforth more appealing to audiences, I think if it is based around that price it will be a great move by Nintendo and will bring in the best sales Nintendo have seen in a long time, my guess is £179.99 and hopefully there will be some awesome launch bundles aswell.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get the impression from the way he's talking that he's just speculating, and he doesn't actually know this. He seems to be saying "because the difference between the DSi and DSi XL was £30, the 3DS will only be £30 more than the DSi XL". He seems to think the 3DS will follow that pattern. Whilst I agree Nintendo won't get away with charging much over £200, I don't think it'll be much less at all. Possibly £220-ish. But then again, it only seems like he's speculating to me. He may actually know this is true.

Seicomart

Trophies
XP
Country
When it reaches £99 I'll consider getting one, as in all honesty, imho 3d games, movies, pictures are all shite and its just an unwanted, annoying distraction. I sincerely hope whatever Sony come up with next, they don't follow suit, but sighs, they probably will do. Would love one of those Gamepark consoles or similar, but on all of them, the d-pad is rubbish and the buttons not much better which is a real shame.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seicomart said:
When it reaches £99 I'll consider getting one, as in all honesty, imho 3d games, movies, pictures are all shite and its just an unwanted, annoying distraction. I sincerely hope whatever Sony come up with next, they don't follow suit, but sighs, they probably will do. Would love one of those Gamepark consoles or similar, but on all of them, the d-pad is rubbish and the buttons not much better which is a real shame.
You seem to think that 3D is the only appealing part of the 3DS, well sir, I will have to say you are wrong in thinking that.

If it does market at £200 or less than I will definitely be getting it on my birthday.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Seicomart said:
You seem to think that 3D is the only appealing part of the 3DS, well sir, I will have to say you are wrong in thinking that.

If it does market at £200 or less than I will definitely be getting it on my birthday.

u will be getting one then
wink.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If that would turn out to be true, I'd be incredibly happy, because I have nearly no cash right now and I don't plan on getting anything from my bank account (saving for later, y'know) so I hope to make a high enough amount of money by that time. If the price is higher than €200 (which is about £180) I most likely won't be able to get the thing on launch day, which I find to be a real pity as I love having cool stuff before everyone else, so I can already toy around with it and find the ins and outs (but I suppose all of us like to do that
tongue.gif
).

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Handhelds that cost the same as the current generation of home consoles are a risky move in trying to shift as many units as possible. Not owning an 360 or a PS3 (or even a Wii!) would i actually pick a 3DS over one of those if they priced each similarly? I somehow doubt it....

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Handhelds that cost the same as the current generation of home consoles are a risky move in trying to shift as many units as possible. Not owning an 360 or a PS3 (or even a Wii!) would i actually pick a 3DS over one of those if they priced each similarly? I somehow doubt it....
Yes, but most people already own 1 of the 3 major consoles and would want to try the 3DS considering it's 3D. I know that if I had the choice between 3DS and 360 now, I'd go for the 3DS. But maybe that's just me.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Scott-105 said:
Not bad. Whatever the price I'm getting one. I have enough money for one because I work a lot.
Same here; now that I earn I should have no trouble with getting one when I want.

And Pong, I'm compelled to ask why you're sworn to secrecy.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill