Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I2aven's_Sage said:
Bladexdsl said:
the iphone is still a phone it will never be a serious gaming device. make all the apps and shit you want for it still won't change $400 for an iphone and like $150 for a 3ds whos gonna win?
tongue.gif

Which would you rather have in your pocket, a phone or a DS?
none
tongue.gif
a phone is not worth a ripoff $400 i don't care what it does. apple trying to make the iphone a gaming device is just ridiculous also.

D

Deleted User

ProtoKun7 said:
Haters?
Wow, that was just too obvious.
laugh.gif

GundamXXX said:
Also to Takeshi, Im not an antifanboy Im just antiApple.... You have an Apple and your dvddrive is broken... buy a new Mac. If you wanna put mp3 on your ipod you use itunes, almost obligated to... bugger that!
I meant the reverse of a fanboy, or, as ProtoKun7 called it, a "hater".
If your DVD drive is broken you can get it repaired (maybe even do it yourself with the help of ifixit.com). What about a non-Apple laptop for instance? Is changing the DVD drive on those easier than if you have a MacBook? If the DVD drive of your Mac Pro breaks, you can just go out, buy a new drive and install it yourself. Nobody forces you to buy an iPod; if you don't like it, don't buy it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not "defending" Apple in general (they make stupid decisions too and those hardcore Apple fanboys are as annoying as every other fanboy), I'm just pointing out that you're logic is flawed.

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ May 7 2010, 11:12 PM)
SEGA shouldn't even be in there as far as I'm concerned. They were good when they started, but now they're nothing. Only their name remains, and the little fame they made.
Sad, but true.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Empoleom said:
just wandering how a PHONE with no buttons can be better than a videogame and phones will never have good games and nintendo is way better than apple because
nintendo>sony>microsoft>sega>those fake gaming systems you see in bootleg shops>apple
fixed

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
Well... EVEN though i love both Nintendo AND Apple.... i want Apple to win this. i have always been a nintendo faboy, but more of an apple one (as you guys mostly know). if i had to choose my iPod or my DS to take on a trip with me and i could only chose one. it would be my iPod touch, you can do way more on it, not just games.

but i think nintendo needs to show us them move is not better then our cuttent wiimote
nyanya.gif

Well.... that is my 2 cents
I agree with you. I use my iPod Touch like every single day but only use my DS like once a week. Apple iPod Touch could just do so much more that is why I am in love with it. YouTube, songs, internet radio, web browsing that is FAST, and games that are actually fun to play with because they are easy. I usually get stuck in some DS games and stop playing them forever.

EDIT: You also have to agree this with me. The DS is really getting boring nowadays. The iPod could do so much more. If both my DSi and iPod Touch will break I will definitely get a new iPod Touch. I actually bought both the DSi and iPod Touch with my money and I find the iPod worth every penny that I spent. But I don't feel like that with the DSi I barely ever use it anymore. I don't know how I lived without an iPod Touch...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Traditional button based games still have a place in my library, that's why the DS and eventual 3DS will still get use from me. But, my iPod Touch sees a lot of action and I plan to buy an iPad when its released here.

Apple have really hit onto something with the app store. You see, I'm all for buying games, but I want them immediately, digitally, and cheaply. Another reason why I buy PC games through Steam. If Nintendo doesn't do that with the 3DS then I won't be buying many games for it. I bought Pokemon HG and SS recently for the DS, but there was a huge period before that when I never bought a single game.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opium said:
Traditional button based games still have a place in my library, that's why the DS and eventual 3DS will still get use from me. But, my iPod Touch sees a lot of action and I plan to buy an iPad when its released here.

that, but there's some pretty nifty homebrew floating around letting you use wiimotes and stuff. do want to get an ipad when it comes out here, but its probably going to be pretty pricey (i'm guessing 650 for the base model). shame the slate got cancelled.

i can see where ninty is coming from, with the wii/ds they're targeting the same audience. easy, friendly, lighthearted - casual gaming. apple have been targeting the same crowd with the appstore. it would be pretty interesting to see apple release a console, if they do.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Opium said:
Apple have really hit onto something with the app store. You see, I'm all for buying games, but I want them immediately, digitally, and cheaply. Another reason why I buy PC games through Steam. If Nintendo doesn't do that with the 3DS then I won't be buying many games for it. I bought Pokemon HG and SS recently for the DS, but there was a huge period before that when I never bought a single game.

Even if Nintendo does shift the DSi Ware shop into a more App Store-esque setup after the 3DS launches, they're still going to be selling the vast majority of their larger, more in-depth games on some kind of cartridge format, in stores. Those aren't games I'd want to see go the digital download route, anyway. Games with as much development as they get are never going to go for the $5-$10 that you find a lot of games in the App store priced at. It wouldn't make sense to sell a Pokemon, Mario, or whatever other major title exclusively as a digital download. And even if there were a digital download option, it would probably still be $25-$30.

There are just as many (probably more) POS titles in the App Store as there are good ones. I wouldn't object to Nintendo offering something similar for that type of basic, more arcade-style game... as long as I can still get cartridges for real games.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
ha ha steve jobs your next!
rofl2.gif

Haha, and to think that Nintendo wasn't mad enough after the Playstation Move.

QUOTE(Prowler485 @ May 7 2010, 12:55 PM) Don't fuck with Nintendo, Apple.

Japanese based company > American based company

LOL, so true.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Hatsune Miku said:
Bladexdsl said:
rofl2.gif

LOL, so true.
(suppresses trolling instincts)
You do realize that Apple is run extremely different from most American companies, right?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prowler485 said:
Don't fuck with Nintendo, Apple.

I don't think that's the basis of it at all. In fact, that's pretty much irrelevant. Just because it's based in Japan doesn't mean it's better. Even I'd rather take an iPhone over a DS (come on, smart phones are awesome).

I'd only call this bad news for Nintendo and it's gaming fan base. It seems that gimmicks like the DSi camera are here to stay, and won't be going anywhere for a while now that this "new enemy" has been declared. Who knows what features could be taken out of the 3DS just to make room for things to compete with Apple.

Not to mention Nintendo has been making shit gadgets for years. They ARE the Apple of the gaming world. Their products are pieces of garbage that look really cool and futuristic, just like Apple (with some exceptions such as the iPhone itself and anything that's not complete shovelware on the DS).

As for gaming software, there will always be cartridges until the public is so fed up with them that we just get rid of them, which I highly doubt will happen. Nintendo would be stupid to abandon cartridge-based gaming just to compete with Apple. On the flip side, I can see an Apple home console coming out in the near future.

Overall, I want Apple to win. Since I don't have enough money to buy shiny trash, I'll stick to the moderately overpriced products from Nintendo. The reason why I want Apple to win is because I want Nintendo presidents and CEO's to open their damn eyes and actually put some investments into high-tech specs to make a console or handheld with.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Advice Dog said:
Hatsune Miku said:
Bladexdsl said:
rofl2.gif

LOL, so true.
You do realize that Apple is run extremely different from most American companies, right?
I dunno, Steve Jobs seems to be about as much a greedy douche as Bill Gates is.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
Prowler485 said:

I don't think that's the basis of it at all. In fact, that's pretty much irrelevant. Just because it's based in Japan doesn't mean it's better. Even I'd rather take an iPhone over a DS (come on, smart phones are awesome).

I'd only call this bad news for Nintendo and it's gaming fan base. It seems that gimmicks like the DSi camera are here to stay, and won't be going anywhere for a while now that this "new enemy" has been declared. Who knows what features could be taken out of the 3DS just to make room for things to compete with Apple.

Not to mention Nintendo has been making shit gadgets for years. They ARE the Apple of the gaming world. Their products are pieces of garbage that look really cool and futuristic, just like Apple (with some exceptions such as the iPhone itself and anything that's not complete shovelware on the DS).

As for gaming software, there will always be cartridges until the public is so fed up with them that we just get rid of them, which I highly doubt will happen. Nintendo would be stupid to abandon cartridge-based gaming just to compete with Apple. On the flip side, I can see an Apple home console coming out in the near future.

Overall, I want Apple to win. Since I don't have enough money to buy shiny trash, I'll stick to the moderately overpriced products from Nintendo. The reason why I want Apple to win is because I want Nintendo presidents and CEO's to open their damn eyes and actually put some investments into high-tech specs to make a console or handheld with.

But if Nintendo adds actual high quality specs it's handhelds wont print money anymore.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkSpace said:
Uncle FEFL said:
Prowler485 said:

But if Nintendo adds actual high quality specs it's handhelds wont print money anymore.
Imagine that, eh?....

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If Nintendo want to compete with Apple, then they should put more effort into making their next console a hardcore gaming console. (that would hopefully be similar to the next generation PS3 or Xbox 360)
If they do that, I can almost guarantee that there sales will be high.
yay.gif

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Advice Dog said:
Hatsune Miku said:
Bladexdsl said:
rofl2.gif

LOL, so true.
I dunno, Steve Jobs seems to be about as much a greedy douche as Bill Gates is.
No man who donates half of his fortune in his will to charity isn't that bad. Also, Ballmer is in charge.

Steve Jobs is a whole new level of idiot.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Blade4474 said:
If Nintendo want to compete with Apple, then they should put more effort into making their next console a hardcore gaming console. (that would hopefully be similar to the next generation PS3 or Xbox 360)
If they do that, I can almost guarantee that there sales will be high.
yay.gif

Yeah, but the iTems are definitely not intended for the hardcore crowd. You can tell by the cheesy music in the commercials, and the car-unlocker-apps, and Doodle Jump.

As a matter of fact, Apple's doing decent in the casual market, just like Nintendo was. Face it, casual products sell.
mellow.gif

Blade4474

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PyroSpark said:
BlackDave said:
Nintendo should make a phone
wub.gif

Agreed.

Yea that would be good.
For the moment though, we can use SvSIP. The only downside to it is that you need to be connected to the internet to make calls...damn
the whole reason people use mobiles is so that you can make calls from anywhere
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho that went wayyyy different than I thought it was going lol